It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My OWN video reporting from "Take Back Occupy Oakland": Riot Police clashing w/ Protesters. I show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Tuesday was a monumental time for me. I spend the greater part of my day at the Occupy Oakland movement.
The morning of Oct 25 was filled with police violence and brutality. Occupiers were rudely awoken to being kicked out of their spots. The "occupy" locating was barricaded with fences and surrounded by riot police.
I arrived around 3:00PM to start filming the event to see first hand what exactly was going on.

This is my first video I've made and I spent a lot of time working on it last night to get all the important things in there.
The first half of the video starts out showing the protesters growing in numbers and rallying against the day's earlier events.
It's really amazing to see the passion in these people's eyes as they voice their feelings.
They then begin marching to take back their "occupy" spot. A lot of madness happens in the march considering
there is about 5 blocks of people marching towards walls of cops.

The second half, starting at the 3:45 mark, shows the protester/police clash where tear gas and flash bombs are used.
It felt like I was in the middle of a war zone at a few different times throughout the night.

There is epic moments all throughout the video. I think it's definitely worth the watch.
This video serves justice for showing how passionate everyone there in oakland truly feels.
Oakland's treatment has now sparked a few marches at New York and other occupy locations.

All video was taken by me. I really hope you guys enjoy!

(sorry, I'd embed it if I could, but apparently you can't do metacafe on ATS and youtube apparently
doesn't want to play my audio correctly)

October 25 2011 March to Take Back "Occupy Oakland"

edit on 10/27/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Way to get down to where the metal meets the meat!

I actively encourage everyone to do what this man has done. Take your camera to the streets and use it to spread the truth. We are being LIED TO by the MSM. We not only need to take back the financial control of our nation's wealth, we need to take back the media as well. It is supposed to be "Fair and Balanced" but I think we can all agree that it's anything but.

Bravo. S&F for you.

ETA: Be careful. These cops are obviously not making any distinction between protestors and people who are doing nothing but filming.
edit on 10/27/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It's hard to take things back when everyone's getting their rears kicked and arrested.

Perhaps alternative routes should be explored?

We need to cut off the logistics of the government.
We need a strategy with teeth.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Things police use to oppress you better :

1) Radio communication (or cell phones).

2) Gasoline

3) Formation Tactics

Find out how to disable or weaken any of these 3 elements and you will erase their tactical advantages.

Think outside the box people!

top topics

join