It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General strike in the US called for November 2

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

The thing that gets missed, with pitting people against one another in the workplace, is the amount of work related stress it creates. In the UK at the moment, more and more people are suffering from stress and other related mental illness's. Stressed that either they will lose their job at any point in the future or stress that they can't find a job. This current system is making people mentally sick. Still these same people will complain when Unions go on strike to protect their workers pay and working conditions.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by woodwardjnr

And that's the "free market" ideal - forcing workers to compete against each other, rather than employers competing for workers. Nice form of wage suppression and disincentive to organize, that. feeds into the mythology that all us peons should be so very grateful to our bosses for employing us. Thankee massa suh, ise sho preciate you havins me on!
At least you have the freedom to quit your horrible job and work for yourself. Unless you have no talents or skils and if that's the case that explains you job choices. Some how I doubt you have nothing, be brave try something new.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
And the whole not doing the income tax returns won't help a bit either, unless you owe. If you would normally get a return then refused to file, it's $$ in their pocket.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bullcookies

You don't seem very supportive of other people trying to be brave.

link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

The thing that gets missed, with pitting people against one another in the workplace, is the amount of work related stress it creates. In the UK at the moment, more and more people are suffering from stress and other related mental illness's. Stressed that either they will lose their job at any point in the future or stress that they can't find a job. This current system is making people mentally sick. Still these same people will complain when Unions go on strike to protect their workers pay and working conditions.
Unions are just another form of a government that doesn't work.

link   
reply to post by Celestica

I agree, but if these people have no protection, then they risk losing their jobs if they go on strike. It has to be done by all employees not just a few. That is why you need the organisation of a union, to make sure all participate in the strike. If a strike is to be effective all employees must participate.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Unions are used by business to keep the working man working. The union only care about your dues. if they really cared they would do it for free. Just like people say " I love my job " then ask them if they had money, would they do their job for free?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

And I agree with you! Spread the word, November 2nd, 3rd, 18th, whenever! Just strike. Or actually QUIT. Everyone should just QUIT their jobs.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

If you want a strike you need to have some organisation, the internet is one way of organising, but if we are talking about a strike of all workers in society then you are going to need collectives to agree on joint action. I'm just pointing out facts. Look at how the strikes happen in Europe and the UK. The Strikes are all organised by the workers unions because they are the only ones who have the organisational structures in place to ensure that an effective strike can take place.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Celestica

And I agree with you! Spread the word, November 2nd, 3rd, 18th, whenever! Just strike. Or actually QUIT. Everyone should just QUIT their jobs.
Now you are learning, milling around on the street if front of a few banks is pointless. There is no "system" if people get completely out of it.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

If you want a strike you need to have some organisation, the internet is one way of organising, but if we are talking about a strike of all workers in society then you are going to need collectives to agree on joint action. I'm just pointing out facts. Look at how the strikes happen in Europe and the UK. The Strikes are all organised by the workers unions because they are the only ones who have the organisational structures in place to ensure that an effective strike can take place.
A collective is just another form of government. You as individual need to do you own thing that how "they" lose power. because they have to change, i.e. no enemy to bargain with. they have to deal with individual needs, which is true freedom'

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Thread closed pending staff review.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join