It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reality of a meteor strike or huge tsunami in the world today. Repercussions you WOULD NOT survi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I just wanted to get this out there after having considered a lot of the shtf scenarios people here illustrate. Many think they would survive such an SHTF scenario without having really gone in depth of the chain reactions and aftermath.

Scenario 1, large meteor strikes earth.

This scenario will happen - it`s only a matter of time.

If the meteor were to hit the sea you would have a tsunami of epic proportion. Depending on the size of the meteor, I`d say you`d have a tsunami ranging from 10 meters up to many hundred meters. I was unable to find a chart illustrating water mass displacement compared to size and speed of meteor.

The world had in 2009 - 439 individual nuclear power plants / reactors. The sites continue to store nuclear waste at the facilities, something that would make an eventual explosion bigger and more contaminating. A nuclear explosion would probably also trigger an EMP blast that would knock out electronics with a range derived by the size of the explosion. With reactors going down you would not have enough power in the electric grid for the consumers to get the power they need.

Depending on the size of the meteor, the tsunami will take out many, if not most of the nuclear power plants at once. Our resources of controlling the plants in the aftermath would be to few and poorly coordinated. Take Fukoshima for instance, and that was only one powerplant. Imagine 200 of the powerplants that are below 100 meters above sea level being completely destroyed. Many of the plants would suffer melt downs and nuclear explosions. When the sea retreats the contamination would be big enough to destroy and contaminate most of the food from the ocean, all fish, algae and seaweed. With the radiation of 200 powerplants blowing up all living beings would suffer radiation, or contamination by consuming plants. All newborns would be with birth defects. He half time ensuring that it would take at least 100 years before food could be consumed again above earth. The next Noah`s ark would have to be deep underground, with a power source to last a hundred years. As well as food enough to keep all the necessary animals and humans alive for ten decades.

Now, to all the people saying that the government is concealing facts of Niburu, ELEnin coming our way, big meteors or whatever. Do you really think USA, China and Russia would sit on their ass with such an event incoming?

Absolutely not. They would work together to blow that mother-meteor out of our trajectory. And with thousands of nukes waiting to be dismantled they would surely put them to use, modifying their launch and sending them in the meteors direction.

Also, if such an event were to come our way everyone would be in a hurry to shut down nuclear powerplants along the coastlines. This would mean that the world would slow down. Most of you wouldn`t even be able to turn on your lights. Only those with natural power would keep their power on until SHTF. So if you think nobody would tell you, you would still know many days in advance as the power plants get shut down and prepared for the strike, one by one.

If NASA knew, then the world would surely know and start preparing the plants. Guaranteed. Massive assembly, shutting down and covering every powerplant deep inside rocks and earth - to save ourselves.

Would you really rather die in the aftermath underground during the next fifty to a hundred years, or would you want to die in the strike?

Scenario 2.
Mega tsunami, the same effects as the meteor hitting the ocean.

Scenario 3.
The meteor hitting land,
If the areas with most powerplants, like the US would be hit - then the repercussions would be almost the same. And the impact would demolish any bunker situated deep below ground level. Shallow bunkers might survive but the nuclear aftermath would be horrendous.

All of this taken into consideration the size of the meteor. But you should pray it hits land, without doubt

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thanks for brightening my day!

I would definitely want to go out with the strike, i'm way too outta shape for survival!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
yeah it is only a matter of time, nice post

www.purdue.edu...

thats a really cool simulator to work out how bad things will get if one does hit us.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm nowhere near anything for a Sunami. ---Showers of rocks from space? I'll just stand there and dodge them.
I will lay flat on the ground for a quake, and hide underground if need be. But as I recently posted, I still need to go to Starbucks and get my daily dose of Sumatra and Hazelnut..They open shortly.....
It isn't going to happen today. I got too much to do. If it should, there may be some things I won't get done, but then will it really matter if I or no one else remains. I guess I could run around screaming the sky is falling but then again, everyone else would be doing the same thing, so I wouldn't look too ridiculous.
Now I am off for the Sumatra Bold. ....Will watch it all on HI Fi... Good Luck folks
DH

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

I kind of thought that Elenin was part of the Nibiru system, the outer part. Nibiru could be pushing a debris field in front of it that includes asteroids. With the demise(?) of Elenin, the whole Nibiru story has gone cold.

Hard to know what to think. ---------------------

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

No laughing matter there Brother!
It is only a matter of time, but if it does happen, I got a percolator coffee pot and a killer blend from San Francisco that I think could compete with some of the Bucks best stuff!

Matter of time, my window on this earth will probably be 80 years +/- 10 years.
The earth is how old?
I think I got time.
Hope it helps

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yea I'd like to try your blend. I figure if I can get enough caffeine in me I will be able to run fast enough to dodge the bullet. This WiFi stuff is great but I figure if I get any more jittery I may get put in a F ema camp for being subversive.
I really isn't funny, and it definitely is going to happen at some point. I am as prepared as I can be. Well almost but no one can think of everything. I just don't think today is that day, but you never know.
DH

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I don't really understand this obsession with bunkers. If the ground is a shaking, surely you do not want to be underneath it? And if the water rolls over it, you drown anyway!

No, i think i'd be like the old woman in Deep Impact and heading for the coast to await the waves..........

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Any day you can see the sun come up is a good day.

Bang or whimper, its never anyone's choice. it comes.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

You didn`t read the entire post. It explains how you still wouldn`t survive even though you`re not near the tsunami.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Scenario 1, large meteor strikes earth.

They have these things called satellites.That can be used
to see out for a hundred years!

So it is possible but not happening in our lifetime..

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

Hehe.. on the other side, now your day can only get better

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Really, you think we`re able to track every object coming our way?
And are you even sure a few nukes would put it off it`s trajectory?

I think you can pretty much forget about a scenario like in the movie Armageddon, where people landed on the meteor to drill holes with explosive charges =)

Btw. Liv Tyler is haaawt. Liked her better as an elf though, we`d have awsome babies me and her.. o-0

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalWisdom
yeah it is only a matter of time, nice post

www.purdue.edu...

thats a really cool simulator to work out how bad things will get if one does hit us.

Nice link, calculated a scenario:
Diameter meteor: 1500 meters
Density: 3000kg/m^3 (dense rock)
Angle: 68 degrees
Velocity: 54km/s (rather fast)
Target of impact: Water with depth 2500 meters (likely)
Your distance from the impact: 1000 miles

Damages at your distance:

-Tsunami -
The impact-generated tsunami wave arrives approximately 2.87 hours after impact.
Tsunami wave amplitude is between: 32.7 meters ( = 107 feet) and 65.3 meters ( = 214 feet).

-Airblast-
The air blast will arrive approximately 1.36 hours after impact.
Peak Overpressure: 5870 Pa = 0.0587 bars = 0.834 psi (wouldn`t hurt your eardrums)
Max wind velocity: 13.5 m/s = 30.2 mph
Sound Intensity: 75 dB (Loud as heavy traffic)

-Earth damage-
The Earth is not strongly disturbed by the impact and loses negligible mass.
The impact does not make a noticeable change in the tilt of Earth's axis (< 5 hundredths of a degree).
The impact does not shift the Earth's orbit noticeably.

-Seismic effects-
The major seismic shaking will arrive approximately 5.37 minutes after impact.
Richter Scale Magnitude: 8.3

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

-Tsunami -
The impact-generated tsunami wave arrives approximately 2.87 hours after impact.
Tsunami wave amplitude is between: 32.7 meters ( = 107 feet) and 65.3 meters ( = 214 feet).

So if our land elevation is 1000 feet above sea level, we're OK?
Wheww.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by br0ker

-Tsunami -

So if our land elevation is 1000 feet above sea level, we're OK?
Wheww.

At first, yes.. but my point is that the radiation and contamination from all the power plants going "POOF" will kill you afterwards. There is literally no escaping this event unless you`re set to live in a bunker the rest of your life.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

So no drowning
but yes, I knew about the nuke plants. So it would be a slow (maybe not so slow) nasty cancerous burning/rotting death

I expected as much.

As far as anyone checking out what to do about these possible NEOs that might come too close, they've been trying to figure out what to do about Apophis for a couple of years now, just in case. Let's just hope that IF they need to do something about it, they choose something sensible and don't make it worse.

www.theregister.co.uk...

Apophis is set to pass close by the Earth in 2029 - so close that it will be nearer than television satellites in geosynchronous orbit. Collision at that stage has been ruled out, but according the latest NASA analysis there is a remote chance - 1 in 250,000 - that the 27-million-tonne rock might pass through a so-called "keyhole" during the 2029 pass which would alter its course so as to hit us on the next pass, in 2036.

edit on 27-10-2011 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Looking forward to retirement after half a life of hard work... aaaand it`s gone.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I have been a guest reader to this forum for many months, and this is a great post, and thank you for going very in depth with the given scenarios. However, when speaking about an EMP, I personally thought that an EMP could only be generated by an explosion of weapons graded nuclear material being detonated in a weaponized system, ie Nuclear Bomb? I may be wrong, but this is the impression I am under from all of the prior research and study I have done.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whiskeycowboy

Jupp, but I do believe a lot of powerplants are nuclear and if they melt down they probably will blow up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join