It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's October 28th already in Australia and New Zealand!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
oh great, it isn't even the 28th here yet and we have no tv signals. Darn it!
I was okay with the whole alien invasion thing, earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, asteroids crashing into the earth, and three days of darkness.... but NO TV???? That's f%cked up!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Nothing here but a gaggle of black helicopters, unexplained booming and rumbling, and lights dancing in the sky. I'm going back to bed...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

I wonder what Callemans thoughts are today. I wonder if he is pooping pickles hoping he is wrong. Or pooping pickles because he thinks he's right. Either way his 15 minutes of fame ends tomorrow .

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

I just have to say that what you wrote form beginning to end sums up my own thoughts on these matters. yesterday I even thought about trying to get it all out for a thread. but ja.. I been feeling really lazy this week, does that mean I'm gonna just fade away?
I've sometimes thought about doing that, fading away...poof! "I'm nothing
" but it would just be like, poof!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Let's flag it to show the "maya" people that all these dates maybe are bull#.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

dont you know all predictions center on America??

not that I agree with that....

still, it gives us a whole nother 30ish hours to wait and see

I know nothing huge is happening, you know nothing huge is happening, but technically, no one can say nothing happened until tomorrows clock strikes 12 in Hawaii

actually, according to this site, the last one would be "American Samoa- Pago Pago, Niue (Alofi), Midway Islands, Jarvis Isl., Kingman Reef, Palmyra Atoll"

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Everyone knows all predictions are made in American time (even though America wasn't even discovered when a lot of predictions have been made) isn't being ethnocentric fun '
' I am just kidding no need to castrate me really just seems kinda funny to me that this does seem to be the case though

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immune
Everyone knows all predictions are made in American time (even though America wasn't even discovered when a lot of predictions have been made) isn't being ethnocentric fun '
' I am just kidding no need to castrate me really just seems kinda funny to me that this does seem to be the case though

As previously stated, the Mayas were in the same time zone as America. Therefore, a Mayan prediction would only make sense to occur at a certain time in America...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Immune

LOL I think they do it on purpose just to give themselves that HUGE time window - if nothing happens here tomorrow - but it happened in new zealand yesterday, they can say "told you!!!" (they're so desperate for that "i told you so" moment, since they're near never had one before)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
LMAO i agree you can only scream wolf so many times before everyone just starts ignoring you (here's looking at you harry camping) but god forbid one of these days one of these people are right because the i told you so's would crash this site and probably most the internet

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Drametis...

..he's awaken by strange sounds outside his home. Our fearless person gets up puts on bath robe, grabs baseball bat and peeks out the shades. Flips on the security lights and ventures out into the earily morning twilight...

He drops the bat but never hears it hit the ground as his eyes are transfixed on the giant wombat, which is dancing with the mothman. Then dozens of little green elves start having a picnic on his front lawn. At the same time santa claus is slipping into his outdoor hot tube with a very dirty vodka martini with lots of olives. Then out of the earily morning sky a big space ship appears, a blue beam comes down and all the critters in our fearless humans yard begin to rise into the air.

Then the ship vanishes ina blazing speed, leaving our fearless human alone in the morning twilight.
Happy october 28th..

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It is an end of a calendar, not the end of the world.

Come on people when our calendar runs out every year we also have fireworks but after we wake up with a splitting headache it is just a new calendar year.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It is not only the end of a calender it is the end of a 4 year old thread (dark knight) the end of the oct282011.com site and the beginning of the push for the next doomsday (YAY yu55) and the fall of calleman's misinterpretation of an ancient calendar that contained more knowledge of space than we currently have oh and its the president of Irans birthday lol so see its not just the end of a calendar its the end of a lot of things

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Let's say it was to happen. Wouldn't it have to be the 28th everywhere. So when the last place on earth sees the new day??

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Not at all. He's already got his cop out ready. A few weeks back he posted on his site saying that October 28th was only the beginning of the Ninth Underworld. Even though all the other Underworlds worked on a systems where the new one was 20x times shorter than the one that preceded it, he can't say how long it will take for all of our consciousnesses (that is a really weird word) to evolve. So, pretty much he can keep going for as long as he wants even though he never mentioned any of this in his books or lectures.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
5:00am 28th of October 2011 - Still the same world.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Immune

The Long Count contains more knowledge of space than we currently have? That's weird considering it's not even based on anything astronomical. It is simply a count of days starting at August 11, 3114 BC. Earlier if you use the full Long Count at Coba. If you're talking about the calendar system as a whole you also run into astronomical problems. With the Tzolkin you once again run into the problem that it doesn't seem to have any astronomical significance whatsoever. The Haab on the other hand is based on how long it takes the Earth to make one revolution around the Sun. However, it does not account for the fact that it doesn't take an even 365 days to make one revolution. While I'm claiming the Maya were ignorant of astronomy, I am claiming that that they did not possess more knowledge than modern astronomy.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kapodistrias
Let's flag it to show the "maya" people that all these dates maybe are bull#.

Nothing to blame on the Maya, the Maya did nothing wrong.

The Maya did NEVER *predict* the end of the world - the ones who (mis-)interpreted the Mayas and the *end of the Mayan calendar cycle* as "end of the world" are all (mostly) US AMERICAN BOOK AUTHORS.

The 2012 histeria and the End of the world fable are a construct of OUR , western society, NOT the Maya's.
edit on 27-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Your correct i stand corrected i though that mercury was one of the main focus's i was mistaken that was something else my apologies the Mayan calender is not one of my specialties but thanks for pointing it out for me so i can read up more

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
After every end come dawn or awakening ..

Hope new beginning be a lot better from present situation worldwide ..

Let all hope so00, if "this" calculation of end Mayan calendar is correct ..

Happy new beginning to all .. xD

edit on 27-10-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join