It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what's the deal with the Hi-Points?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I've been debating on buying a hi-point, just for a cheapo fun thing. Mainly to buy two 45s or 9mm so i can run around my woods blasting water bottles with a pistol in each hand.

I'm getting way too many mixed opinions, and sadly many reviews online are spoiled with advertisers giving false reviews. I've had some people say they are great, never jam, just look crappy and feel like plastic. Then i have people saying they are a POS and always jam.

Sure i don't expect anything from a cheap gun, but i want to know if it would even be worth dropping cash on one or not.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by doom27

Sure i don't expect anything from a cheap gun,

If this is true then go right ahead.

There's nothing wrong with them for cheap plinking purposes. The Hi-Point carbine is one of the most fun guns anyone could own. It doesnt cost anything and goes bang when you pull the trigger....most of the time.

Just dont rely on one to save your life. For fun and games they're fine toys.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Agreed with above poster.

I've owned a few different Hi-Point weapons. They can be fun to shoot. But if you really don't care about a bad gun performing badly then by all means, you sound like you know what you're paying for.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I've owned the 9mm carbine, and a 9mm pistol, I bought them when Hi-Point first came out, and they are crap, crap, crap. you are better off buying a used pistol of better quality from someone than buying one of these new. If I was stranded in the woods, and could have a Hi-Point, and a knife, I would still choose just the knife.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
In my opinion, having both the .380 and 9mm, the .380 outperforms the 9mm in terms of reliability, but maybe that's just an isolated experience. I agree with the above posters...I don't know if I would count on it to save my life, as you are taking more of a chance than you would be with a more solid weapon. But the majority of the time they fire very nicely.

Hi-Point has a great warranty program from what I hear as well. I have never used it though.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

that warranty program is probably what has kept their head above water for so many years. it sure isnt the quality of the firearm by any means

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
No reason not to buy one for what you want to use it for. But I will certainly echo the comments of others. The Hi Point is not a weapon that I would keep on my nightstand or mounted on my hip.

If all you want to do is plink and burn rounds you may just consider a .22 in a wide variety of formats.

I almost dropped $275 on one of these www.issc-austria.com... at a gun show over the weekend. You can shoot these all day, I just couldn't justify buying it when I have a Ruger 22/45 at home that serves the same purpose. Maybe next time.

Above all. Have Fun!!

new topics

top topics

join