It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Things Survival: Show 30: A Smidgen of This, A Smidgen of That....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ba07808fc03.jpg[/atsimg]

Thursday, October 20th, 2011 at 8:00PM EST

illustrial.net

The gathered a panel of hosts, include Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain old Hillbillies, with a combined experience in Survival of well over 100 years!!!!!

Your Panel

JacKatMtn
Semperfortis
Ahabstar
12m8keall2c
Asktheanimals
Advisor
Bear Truth and
David Wendell of Bushcraft On Fire

For tonight's show we are going to discuss all the little things that you need, usually forget and that drive you crazy!!!

This one is going to be FUN!!! You do NOT want to miss this one

So TUNE IN THURSDAY @ 8:00PM EASTERN via illustrial.net and give us some listeners while you learn and expand your knowledge along the way. And if you have not checked out our YouTube Channel, stop by and watch the videos we have up. And be sure to leave comments, hit the like button or subscribe as you feel is appropriate.

Also please visit our Sister Site Bushcraft On Fire and watch some of the amazing videos by David Wendell on Bushcrafting

Looking forward to seeing you there
edit on Thu, 27 Oct 2011 19:00:18 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:58:57 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I cannot wait for this segment. As I Mom of three, I know someone ALWAYS forgets something. And, it is usually something small, but critical. Now, let me think... what did I forget? lol

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
You sure this is only going to be a two hour show? I mean I have forgotten a lot of things...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Have a great show tonight guys! Going to try to call in tonight, but if I can't it's because I'm at work. But I'm here and listening.
But from me to you.......
YOU GUYS ROCK!

Keep do'n what you do!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Good job guys. Have a good night!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Here is the link concerning Poon Lim as promised to the listeners.

Poon Lim initially kept himself alive by drinking the water and eating the food on the raft, but later resorted to catching rainwater in a canvas life jacket covering and fishing. He could not swim very well and often tied a rope from the boat to his wrist, in case he fell into the ocean. He took a wire from the electric torch and made it into a fishhook, and used hemp rope as a fishing line. He also dug a nail out of the boards on the wooden raft and bent it into a hook for larger fish. When he captured a fish, he would cut it open with a knife he fashioned out of a biscuit tin and dry it on a hemp line over the raft. Once, a large storm hit and spoiled his fish and fouled his water. Poon, barely alive, caught a bird and drank its blood to survive.

Source

Thanks everybody for listening in.

new topics

top topics

join