It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont think jesus wanted religion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I do believe there was a jesus christ but just like I believe there was a buddah. Most likely very spiritually advanced souls, but thats just my take. Heres a question christians never think of...if jesus was God do you think he would of knew/knows that making another religion would only cause more wars and will only cause more seperation in the world!?! Heres another, do you think he knows/knew that is impossible for people to accept him as the savior because everyone is a result of their enviorment and believe what their raised on? This was caused by the tower of babel when god seperated the world. That would only cause more wars! I think we are seperated from god and eachother for a reason, and the reason is to learn in this life. I believe earth is just a school for souls...good and evil and all the other dualities are just learning tools. Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
mabey he didnt, but people did

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BroketheWall

if jesus was God do you think he would of knew/knows that making another religion would only cause more wars and will only cause more seperation in the world!?!

Yes, indeed he knew, that's why he said he did not come to bring peace but rather bring emnity (conflict) between father & son & brothers, etc
he knew that differences would manifest as attacks on believers, wars of culture & religion

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
the church killed Jesus cuz He taught people that the way to God was within...and not through the church. no...He would NOT have wanted a bunch of mindless retards misquoting grossly perverted "scripture" to suit their needs as they condemn others to hell.

honestly...i think Jesus would have wanted us all to take His teachings, be inspired and kind create our own teachings. He would want us to teach others what we've learned...not what pastor Bob told us to think about His teachings in service sunday morning. Jesus was all for the destruction of this hierarchy here on Earth. He wanted equality for all. so...He taught others how to be equal and how to love...not how to throw stones.

i was raised in a holy-roller (pentecostal) home. i've been around "christians" all my life. know what? i could count on one hand's worth of fingers how many REAL, TRUE CHRISTIANS i've EVER met.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BroketheWall
I do believe there was a jesus christ but just like I believe there was a buddah. Most likely very spiritually advanced souls, but thats just my take. Heres a question christians never think of...if jesus was God do you think he would of knew/knows that making another religion would only cause more wars and will only cause more seperation in the world!?! Heres another, do you think he knows/knew that is impossible for people to accept him as the savior because everyone is a result of their enviorment and believe what their raised on? This was caused by the tower of babel when god seperated the world. That would only cause more wars! I think we are seperated from god and eachother for a reason, and the reason is to learn in this life. I believe earth is just a school for souls...good and evil and all the other dualities are just learning tools. Any thoughts?

I agree with your last comments. Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." Life is a lab for us to learn what God shows us from the examples in nature. Life is about giving for the good of others. Love is the point. When we discover a love for God and others, we have learned the message in 1 Corinthians 13. We are currently under a veil to keep us from seeing God and knowing our former estate. This keeps us from a created duplicity. If we seek God for reward, we are duplicitous. If we seek God to avoid judgment, we are duplicitous. We need only seek the supreme good of God as its own reward. Learning to love others is the key to peace and stability in the kingdom of God. What we see in this world is not peace and stability. We are living the results of all that God is teaching us to avoid. God divides the darkness from the light, just as we should do while passing through in this life.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Paul or Saul of Tarsus chased Christians down to murder them, was blinded by God/the Holy Spirit and took the attitude that within thirty years of the last disciples death the church would be taken over by Satan. His position, as I recall, was that it is so hard for people to be true believers without actually witnessing Jesus the Christ in the flesh. Wide is the path to destruction and we all have a free will to decide. Some have decided to be cruel in the name of their God. I would hope that love and kindness win the war and I choose to live by those standards and hope others see the light for themselves by my actions. Those who profess Jesus that don't attempt to practice love and kindness need to change their ways but God let's them choose for themselves. Allah might not let you choose but the God of Abraham, Isaac and Moses has sent us Jesus to give hope to the world if we freely accept his gift.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Justoneman

if i am not mistaken (purty sure i'm not)...allah is the same God as the God of abraham??? i mean...even islam recognizes Jesus as a prophet...just not "the" prophet.

and this is where all religions go asunder! all the prophets actually referenced the same God. but because the prophets are different...people think the Gods are different.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Thats intresting..do you kniw what book and verse where he says this?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I agree with you 100%...i grew up christian. Every night oi would cry myself to sleep thinkin 3/4 of the wirld is going to hell. Then I woke up and realized that fear is a prison! Who really wins if most people are going t oi hell god or the devil?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BroketheWall

Heres a question christians never think of...if jesus was God do you think he would of knew/knows that making another religion would only cause more wars and will only cause more seperation in the world!?!

Jesus never started a new religion. Jesus's message was anti-religious. He mocked the religious people in his day. The world's idea of religion and the Christian foundation of redemption are not even similar in any way shape or form.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
hi op

i despise all religion
i read the bible just so i could disagree
no part of the bible says that jesus said im the son of god
he said he was the son of man
and his kingdom is not of this world

regards
dave

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

if i am not mistaken (purty sure i'm not)...allah is the same God as the God of abraham??? i mean...even islam recognizes Jesus as a prophet...just not "the" prophet.

and this is where all religions go asunder! all the prophets actually referenced the same God. but because the prophets are different...people think the Gods are different.

Allah and YHWH are not even similar. They are certainly not the same God.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

yes sir exactly! If we learned from good and evil instead of judging it I think we would be alot further as a whole...were all different and we should accept that. We are mini gods, we can create life or take it away and we are capable of the greatest good or the worst evil. In the end I think we judge ourselves to see what we learned, but who knows right...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I know...i think that roman empire needed a new religion to keep their power at the time.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I know...i think that roman empire needed a new religion to keep their power at the time.

Not really, the problem is when the Romans made Christianity the state religion. The pagan priests took off their amulets and put on robes and crosses and continued their message with a Christian flavor added.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Look at the video in my sig "Do You HATE Religion As Much As I Do?". That video explains the enormous difference between religion and redemption.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

Actually Allah in the Koran is not Almighty God. Mohammed stole scripture from the Bible and added his own revelations.

OP
"If jesus was God do you think he would of knew/knows that making another religion would only cause more wars and will only cause more seperation in the world!?!"
- Yes, God is sovereign and therefore knew man's history from start to end. Just as He knows the number of hairs on your head, he knew every religion that would arise on this planet. Unless a religion declares that unbelievers are to be killed, wars aren't fought in the name of "God" - greed, lust and power cause MEN to go to war. The shameful Roman Catholic Empire slaughtered millions -mostly Christians - who refused to bow to the Papacy's theocracy. This had nothing to do with Jesus Christ - it had everything to do with power, control, material greed and lust. Satan.

"Heres another, do you think he knows/knew that is impossible for people to accept him as the savior because everyone is a result of their enviorment and believe what their raised on? "
- no. Only God's mercy can bring you to Him through the Faith of Jesus Christ. God predestined His chosen from the foundation of the world. God must choose you, then you can accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. And as Jesus said, He won't lose one of those given to Him by God. Does this mean that if a person is truly searching for God that they can't find Him? I don't think so, as it states that He would have all saved. But it is through His Mercy that our Faith comes.

"I believe earth is just a school for souls...good and evil and all the other dualities are just learning tools."
- possibly, I don't know myself. I know that we were created to give Glory to God and for His pleasure. There is a definite purpose to evil, perhaps as a tool of perfection to our souls through adversity? Lately however, I've been looking at all of the "Christians" who go to a corrupted church on Sunday and yet sin all week. Just hypocrites - and it pains me because I want to be His representative down here on Earth. Could you imagine having pillars in your community that were fair, just, humble, helpful, kind and full of love for God? Always there to help neighbours and offering mercy to those who need it - and no Bible thumping! Even to a non religious person this would be a beacon in the darkness of this world. What better complement could we give God than to be a light for Him here.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Hi. I think it's a good question, and more complicated than yes-or-no.

Jesus preached to Jews, people like himself. His message, like John the Baptist's, seems to have been personal repentance in order to transform the whole Jewish people, making them worthy of God's help in throwing off the Romans and reviving Israel as an autonomous nation. This intervention of God would usher in the "world to come," an idea which includes the resurrection of the righteous dead, both Jews and also righteous Gentiles, who would live alongside Jews.

So far, everything above is already part of the Jewish religion, a respectable line of thought within their traditions.

Where the line is, I think, that divides a "new religion" from the well-established religion of Second Temple Judaism is what to do about righteous Gentiles. Paul sees the personal resurrection of Jesus as the first fruits of the resurrection in the world to come. God's intervention in history had begun in Paul's view. Very possibly, Jesus, too, saw his own miracles as signs that God's intervention was already in its first stages.

It was perfectly reasonable for The Way to think about reaching out to Gentiles. The big question would be whether Gentiles should become Jews (no new religion), or whether they would remain Gentiles, living in some special relationship with Jews. That "special relationship," reverence for a specific Jew and awaiting his return in glory, is a new religion.

The crucial decision for establishing a new religion, where affiliated Gentiles needn't convert to the existing Jewish religion, was made after Jesus had ascended. As I read Acts, the question was deliberated and debated. The people who knew Jesus best did not immediately know the amswer. They had to think about it, pray about it, interpret dreams and visions about it, etc. The Apostles finally reach their crucial decision, long after Jesus had left the world.

So, if the question is whether the earthly historical Jesus preached a new religion, I think the answer is no. He intended to renew Judaism. He would have believed that that would benefit all righteous peoples, Jew and Gentile. Later, others took John's and Jesus' teachings to the next level, involving living Gentiles directly in awaiting the Jewish world to come.

However, a Christian might well say that the Apostles made that crucial decision based on their knowledge of Jesus and according to the guidance of the Holy Spirit, an aspect of the same Godhead as Jesus himself. For that kind of person, the answer would be yes.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Along with perry stone and chuck missler, that guy is now one of my favorites. Whats his name? Im no christian but when it comes to God im a knower not a believer! What a great message, thanks...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Along with perry stone and chuck missler, that guy is now one of my favorites. Whats his name? Im no christian but when it comes to God im a knower not a believer! What a great message, thanks...

Mark Driscoll. And Missler is the man, probably the greatest Biblical teacher I've ever heard. Perry is great too, love them all. You can find all of Mark Driscoll's stuff at marshill.com

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join