It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

comparing equipment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
the following was found at www.wilderness-survival.net...

The following topics have been numbered from highest to lowest by the number of members who chose the same equipment. Survival Manual: 1. Army Survival Guide. 2. Outdoor Survival Skills and SAS Manual. Shelter: 1. Tent (Marmot Twilight 2p or undisclosed). 2. Tarp or Poncho. 3. Bivy bag. 4. Hammock (Hennessy Explorer Deluxe). Fire starting: 1. Fire Steel (Blast match, Strike force, Swedish). 2. Lighter (BIC). 3. Matches. 4. Flint and Steel. 5. Torch sparker and Doan tool. Water treatment: 1. Chemical (Katadyn, Chlorine tabs, Clorox bleach). It was the common back-up method, that’s why it was #1. 2. Katadyn (Combi, Hiker). 3. MSR (Miniworks, Sweetwater). 4. Homemade. First Aid: 1. Home made kits. 2. Commercial base (Gov. Surplus, Johnsons & Johnsons, Wilderness Adventure). Signaling: 1. Whistle. 2. Cell phone and mirror. 3. Flash light. 4. Radio 5. Light stick and Fire. 6. Weapon 7. Flare and Lighter. Cutting tools: 1. Hatchet (Estwing Sportsman, Sears Craftsman) and Machete (Ontario, Corneta). 2. Saw (Gerber). Tomahawk (Allen Foundry “Frontier”, Cold Steel “Trail Hawk”). Chainsaw ( Husquavarna, Stihl). 3. Shovel (Spetznaz). Fixed Knife: 1. Mora (780). 2. Kabar (USMC). 3. Home made, RAT (SERE, Izula, RC3), Buck (Nighthawk). 4. Camillus (Pilot Survival). 5. Tops (Tom Brown Tracker), Kershaw (Outcast), Benchmade (Bushmaster), Ranger (Rd7), Spyderco (Forager), Cold Steel (SRK, Master Hunter, Mini Pendelton Hunter), Becker Necker (bkII), Bark Rivers (Bravo 1), Livesay’s ( Air Assault). Folding Knife: 1. Victorinox (Farmer, Recruit, Fieldmaster, Soldier). 2. Buck (110/ Folding Hunter, Buck Lite), CRKT (M-21, Crawford Falcon, M-16-13M) 3. Spyderco, Katana, Kershaw (Black Horse II, Blur), 4. Emerson (CQC7), Imperial, Ontario (Jump Master), Byrd (Cara Cara), Katana Strider (SnG), SOG (Twitch). Multi-tool: 1. Leatherman (Wave, PST, Charge Ti, Original). 2. Gerber (T3, MPT). 3. Winchester and Victorinox. Navigation: 1. Compass ( Silva 515CL , 515CLQ and A-10, Recta DP2, Gov. Surplus Lensatic). 2. Back-up type compasses (pin-on and button). 3. GPS (Garmin 12 and E-trex, Lowrance). Firearms: Handguns: 1. Ruger Single Six. 2. 357 (Redhawk, Taurus, undisclosed). 3. Walther P-22, Glock (.40 , undisclosed), 4. Ruger MKIII, H & R M-929, Beretta Cougar 45, X-40, Ruger black powder (.44), Ruger (SR-9), Bersa (.380). Shotgun: 1. Mossy 500. Remington 870 12 and 20 Ga. 2. Winchester Defender and 1300. 3. Remington 1100, H & R Single (12 Ga.), Savage M24C (.22LR / 20 Ga.), Ithaca 37, Valmet 412 (12/70). Rifle: 1. Ruger 10-22, AR-15 (5.56 / 6.5 Grendel). 2. Marlin 336 ( 30-30), Ruger ( M77), Remington 700 (30-06), Ruger(Mini-14 and 30), AK. 3. Winchester Mdl 70 (270), Remington 700 ( 308), Springfield M6 (.22LR / .410 Ga.), Savage M24C (.22LR / 20 Ga.), Highpoint 995 (9 mm), Blackpowder Plains rifle (.54), Weatherby (30-06), Saiga (.223), Sako (.308), Glenfield 18, .22hw80k, Remington 742 (30-06).

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
and her is my variation

Survival Manual: 1. Army Survival Guide and SAS Manual.

Shelter: 1. Tarp and Hammock
2. Poncho.
3. field made

Fire starting: 1. Flint and Steel.
2. Lighter (BIC).
3. Matches.

Water treatment: 1. Homemade
2. Chemical
3. MSR
4. Katadyn.

First Aid: 1. Home made kits.
2. Commercial base

Signaling: 1. Radio
2. mirror.
3. Flash light.
4. Whistle.
5. Light stick and Fire.
6. Weapon

Cutting tools: 1. Machete (U.S. ARMY ISSUE 18” MACHETE WITH SAW TOOTH).

Fixed Knife: 1. Kabar
3.Gerber
2. Home made

Folding Knife: 1. Victorinox
2. SOG
3. Kershaw
4. Buck

Multi-tool: 1. Victorinox.
2. Leatherman
3. Gerber

Navigation: 1. Map and Compass (Gov. Surplus Lensatic).
3. Back-up type compasses (pin-on and button).

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I'm gonna bring onions with myself once SHTF. If someone will approach me with bad intention, I will pull out my... oinions,and make him cry,then smack in the balls.
Ultimate wepon

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
1. A lifetime of knowledge, skill and experience.
2. 5 ft. Ironwood staff
3. Custom made Randall thats served me well for over 46 years.
4. Change of clothes.
5. Leather bag - carry items of use in that find in jungle here.
Got everything that need.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Isn't it funny how number 1 on your list is worth milions of times more than the OP's whole shopping list, but it was free and all you had to do was live it?

Some folks put too much gear in a pack and no knowledge in the brain.
I think what I am saying is stop buying crap and just go camping, in the rain, snow, heat whatever.
A couple of days is fun and just may teach you something about yourself!
Read some books or several web articles on what other folks do and practice them.
Years later you will find that number 1 on you bug out list is a healthy lifetime of knowledge, skill and experience.
That is priceless.
Star upon you.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Wow that is a lot of guns you plan on sharing?

I see needing 2-3 at the most. Shotgun versitile hunt or protection, rifle more specific, handgun personal close protection. Of course they could come in handy in trades in a SHTF scenerio.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
aww guys come on, your just rubbing it in now! all that wilderness and hand cannons? if everyone on this island (uk) decided to do one into the sticks, the smell of socks would be overbearing. i'll have to work on a peashooter/respirator combo.

don't forget potassium permanganate. tiny bottle with many uses.
regards fakedirt

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

the first list is not mine but the 2nd is for trades im using cigs and vodka

top topics

join