It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar bear attack - survivor footage [GRAPHIC VIDEO]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Polar bear attack - survivor footage[GRAPHIC VIDEO]

rt.com

A group of polar bears have attacked a small town in Russia’s Far East. Witnesses insist one person was eaten alive – and have pictures of her picked-over remains. Meanwhile, more attacks are reported to have taken place.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Please use the exact same title as the source article and try not to “sensationalise” your thread titles.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

A horrifying video was uploaded to Youtube in the RU zone by the user x25rus showing polar bears attacking people in a small town in Russia’s Chukotka Autonomous Region. The bears appeared to be living in abandoned houses and were roaming the town in small groups of five. At the end of August, the animals were chased away from the town, but not before local people had endured a living hell at the hands of the unwelcome guests.

quite a graphic video for some people to say the least. thats the food chain for you i guess.
pretty messed up that someone has been eaten alive, i just hope they capture the polar bears not kill them.
the polar bear looks distressed and scared to me, its not their fault they wonder into cities.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
im going to go ahead and say it before anyone else does
this lady got caught with her 'pants down'

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Does anyone know what hit the bear around 0:21?
Was it thrown by a bystander?

Cheers

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91

Cheers

yeah looks like a rock or something..would of had to come from a bystander
sure scared the polar bear tho

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Wait for it......
Just wait for it.....

I know someone is thinking it..

Well i'll just say it,
Who threw that thing at the poor bear?
Now that i said it, nobody else has to.

That woman got THROWN in the air by the teeth and mouth of the bear, think about it.
Hope she made it okay.

link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91

Cheers

Whoever it was, thank God they threw it, because that's what made the bear stop attacking.

link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

i just wanted to give you a
for your avatar.. gy!be!!!

as for the video, its pretty old, ive seen it floating around the internet for about a month now. i hadn't found an article for it though so thank you. all i can say is she is really really lucky it wasnt much worse. how one gets caught up in a situation where they are drunk and peeing in public right next to a polar bear with a bunch of people standing around filming is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
looks to me as though the bear was shot

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
with a brick.....

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

Is this the same incident where the girl being eaten calls her mom? A few months bck I saw an article talking about that. A girl and her freind were camping, and were attacked by a bear and its cubs. She tried to run, got swatted by the bear and was injured and coucldnyt move.

When the bear and cubs came back to eat, she was on the phone with her mom to let her know what was going on. I dont know whats worse, being eaten alive, or being a parent having to listen to your child being eaten alive.

The more we expand out from cities, the more common this is going to be.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I believe the article states that bears were killed, and others fled. It makes sense in a horrific kind of way. In Africa lions that get a taste for man flesh are hunted and killed because otherwise they will represent a serious threat , having had a taste for human meat, a larger threat than if they had never nibbled upon a person before.

I would have thought that the same applies to bears, especially ones that are forward enough to enter a town and start munching on people right of the bat.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
People think polar bears are cute and cuddly like the Coca-Cola Bears but they are not. They are apex predators-people are on the menu . That woman was lucky to get away. Polar bears can swim for miles between ice flows and will eventually mutate back to regular bears which is what they were in the first place.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I'm guessing either encroachment of sea water or encroachment of society is to blame here.

Bears don't just attack for no reason.

If a person was eaten and nothing but a few scraps are left over then we are talking about a group of desperately starving bears. This is likely to happen again if the conditions that lead to this aren't mitigated.
edit on 27-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by aprilc1
Polar bears can swim for miles between ice flows and will eventually mutate back to regular bears which is what they were in the first place.

Or, we could have more of this, Grizzly-Polar Bear Hybrid Found which could be pretty frightening if it became common.
edit on 27-10-2011 by TiggersTheMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

join