It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.3 Earthquake in Mt.Shasta, North of Truckee, CA.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Just felt the aftershock in Lake Tahoe, CA. Link not the big one yet.
edit on 27-10-2011 by MrRamblinRose because: (no reason given)

EDIT: it seems now its been downgraded to 4.8.

edit on 27-10-2011 by MrRamblinRose because: Punctuation.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Hope everyone is okay.

Magnitude 4.8
Date-Time

* Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 06:37:09 UTC
* Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 11:37:09 PM at epicenter

Location 39.605°N, 120.470°W
Depth 13.7 km (8.5 miles)
Region NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Distances

* 15 km (9 miles) SSE (153°) from Whitehawk, CA
* 17 km (11 miles) SSE (151°) from Valley Ranch, CA
* 18 km (11 miles) SSE (151°) from Clio, CA
* 56 km (35 miles) W (279°) from Reno, NV
* 145 km (90 miles) NE (36°) from Sacramento, CA

Link

Live Earthquake Mashup Map

edit on 10/27/2011 by dreams n chains because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/27/2011 by dreams n chains because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Cool, I love our planet...just checking in though. Didn't feel a thing here in Orangevale, California. This is kinda of an odd area. Safe.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRamblinRose

I mean no disrespect, I'm sure you're intentions to spread this info are noble....

But

There should really be some sort of policy on ATS to disallow post on reporting common earthquakes below a 6.0. Especially anywhere along the ring of fire, way too common.

Now, if there was some tie in to the possibility of Mt. Shasta waking up, that would be interesting. I understand it's dormant now... so that would be some news.

Side note: Mt. Shasta is amazing beautiful.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

My son and I felt it here by Sacramento (we're in a third floor apt). I had headphones on while watching a movie and thought my son was pushing my chair, but then I noticed he wasn't there when I turned around. lol. We grabbed the b.o.b. and went outside for a while... just in case it was a pre-shock.

We don't usually get them here, and I haven't been through a quake in many years (from back when I was in SoCal), so the nerves are a tad rattled.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

With all due respect, why wouldn't a quake thread be aloud to be posted? seems to me information is information especially here on ATS.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The thread should be posted.... it is news.... it is fragile Earth... it is important... it isn't normal.

Next in line will be those members who enter to joke about it was just them on the toilet or having sex, etc.

To these hundreds of people who are responding to "Did You feel it?" to USGS it is worthy:

Link of "did you feel it?" responses

edit on 10/27/2011 by dreams n chains because: to add link

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRamblinRose

With all due respect, why wouldn't a quake thread be aloud to be posted? seems to me information is information especially here on ATS.

im not here to debunk here just to correct you a wee bit ..

first of all the nearest volcano is NOT shasta . its Steamboat Springs Lava domes
2nd of all its been downgraded to a 4.7 respectfully .

im sure california gets quakes . tho there was a 5.5 quake on the nevada side of lake tahoe in late 94 ............ i know it happened because i was there at the time ... it woke me up at 5 am ....

peace ..

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Well, Amazon won't stop spamming me about the great deals they offer, but information is information.

I dunno you tell me, there are about 100 earthquakes recorded in California alone each day, so how small is too small?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
No need to worry folks. It's all under control. That's just my neighbors fat wife Bertha from Hertha rolling over. She tips biannually.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

My son and I felt it here by Sacramento (we're in a third floor apt). I had headphones on while watching a movie and thought my son was pushing my chair, but then I noticed he wasn't there when I turned around. lol. We grabbed the b.o.b. and went outside for a while... just in case it was a pre-shock. We don't usually get them here, and I haven't been through a quake in many years (from back when I was in SoCal), so the nerves are a tad rattled.

I remember toting stretchers...burst main water lines...
Still, these minor tumblers do not rattle me.
If anything...I'm concerned about how we educate new "Americans".

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

i've made an edit to the post to update on the downgrade, thank you for the post. I am grateful for debunkers, they level out the info and are just as important as the initial post. Not to imply you tried to debunk.

edit on 27-10-2011 by MrRamblinRose because: Grammer

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I use to live in alleghany calif and i would have felt it there and wondered because the whole town is built over old gold mines.

We always worried that the bumps in the night were the old mine working collapsing.

I have also driven right by the area of the earthquake on highway 49 as during the winter 49 is the back route to Reno during storms as it does not get closed like Donner pass.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I say 4.5+, i guarantee that someone will appreciate the factual knowledge of the quake. Worst case scenario it becomes lost in cyberspace.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Hmmm..... Certain alignments happening, tomorrow the 28th, sure does seem like the beginning of the end lol. Can't say building a city on the biggest fault line in the world was the smartest thing to do. But then again we are talking about Americans here. Lol.

Good luck to all. If it isn't soon one day that region will suffer big time, and it's only a matter of time.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

MAP 4.7 2011/10/27 06:37:09 39.605 -120.470 13.7 15 km ( 9 mi) SSE of Whitehawk, CA

earthquake.usgs.gov...

to pinpoint the exact location of the quake...

edit on 27/10/11 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I felt it. I'm on the South end of Reno, it rattled my house for a few seconds. No damage though.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Glad to see ATS members in the area.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Zenius (if you read this), didn't you say on WC's Rainier thread that on the pnsn seismos, even down to Mt Shasta were grumbling earlier today?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Wow maybe we should start a branch of government to censor these silly posts!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join