It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10/28/11 What time zone? if it is the end...where and at what time?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

* means the time shown has been adjusted for daylight saving time(DST) or summer time
(77 places listed).

Wed means Wednesday, 26 October 2011 (7 places listed).

Thu means Thursday, 27 October 2011 (134 places listed).

www.timeanddate.com...

Everyone is saying the 28 Oct is the end... in 40 minutes there will be 3 days listed. At the moment there is 2 days.

It is all very well having a significant date but in what time zone?

It is not specific so I consider that at on any given date...there will be three days (simultaneously) of the same date.

Issue is if time does not exist...then what day is it? Could it be the moment the first place hit 12 o'clock midnight?

My present is 4.48 pm Thu 27th Oct, 2011.

Seattle, Los Angeles are still Wed 26th Oct, 2011.

The Bible talks of three days of darkness and I just wonder if this is what it could relate to?
It is ONE moment of darkness that moves across 3 days? or the different time zone.

I do not believe my tommorrow is the end of the world.

These prophecies are not that precise are they? They all seem to give a vague timing. On this date etc.

edit on 27-10-2011 by Thurisaz because: does anyone know how to insert the clock countdown?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
omg in one minute in Moscow it will be 10.28 am

www.timeanddate.com...

what if it is also set out as MMDDYYYY or HH/MIN/SEC?

it could also be in the 10th hour, on the 28th minute, 11 seconds?

no it can't be that because the correct seconds would be 2011 and it has to be under 60 seconds to be within that category.

edit on 27-10-2011 by Thurisaz because: to add

edit on 27-10-2011 by Thurisaz because: work in progress

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
You'll find the Bible prophecies to be very disappointing.

I believe the end of the world will be in Universal Time (UTC)
time.gov

Universal Time (UT) is a time scale based on the rotation of the Earth. It is a modern continuation of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), i.e., the mean solar time on the Prime Meridian at Greenwich, and GMT is sometimes used loosely as a synonym for UTC.

I think we should be more specific when predicting the end of the world.

edit on 27-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
You'll find the Bible prophecies to be very disappointing.

I believe the end of the world will be in Universal Time (UTC)

www.time.gov.../s/0/java

Universal Time (UT) is a time scale based on the rotation of the Earth. It is a modern continuation of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), i.e., the mean solar time on the Prime Meridian at Greenwich, and GMT is sometimes used loosely as a synonym for UTC.

I think we should be more specific when predicting the end of the world.

fixed the url...thx for that... I am just looking at it now

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh can't fix the link

www.timeanddate.com...

From the world clock NZ will reach 28th Oct 2011 before anyone else in the world. Christmas Island around that time too.

edit on 27-10-2011 by Thurisaz because: url

edit on 27-10-2011 by Thurisaz because: finished editing.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Aah yes, that date.

Let's just see what happens. Although there are failure in prophecies, there is but a period that is has been predicated for some major changes.

It depends if current events world over are in fact that time that has got so much hype.

I couldn't agree more that this are indeed great times for some major changes.

I hope for some changes for a better world.

It's not the end of the world, it is the end of the world as we know it.

For a specific date, please be my guest. I couldn't care less about some date. There are some major changes happening and that's about some hope for humanity to get back to being just that, our natural selves.

That is, express more love, empathy and respect for one another. Let us project good energy in the atmosphere.

You are your indeed your world. See this date as a time for a change in our personal lives. The buck is on you.

"Be the change you wish to see" Ghandi.

edit on 27-10-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I welcome the end. Just pissed off a bit that Kiwi's and Ozzys will get to it before I do.

The END is not here, nor near......well, for me....it's getting much closer, my transplant kidney is failing.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

I don't believe it anyway, but was thinking about it the global time differences.

what you have said is very true. Thank you!

reply to post by JibbyJedi

the UTC clock is a lot better! Now we have a global countdown.

++ + - -- auto Close
Current time is

Thursday, 27 October 2011 at 06:50:47 UTC

reply to post by JibbyJedi

oh that is terrible! I am so sorry you have kidney problems.

edit on 27-10-2011 by Thurisaz because: adding reply to

edit on 27-10-2011 by Thurisaz because: give thanks

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
It is the beginning of the END of EVIL!!!
It doesn't start at a certain time in a certain place.
It starts at the same time in our solar system and the only way for you to know when is when you can feel it.
It is said that this cycle ends AROUND 10/28/2011.
I've started feeling it at the most a couple days ago.
IT HAS BEGUN!
I love you all.
edit on 27-10-2011 by GlobalControl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
cool New Zealand just won the rugby world cup and now we get to do doomsday first as well. We are on a role.
3hrs 45mins left

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

I am in Australia so we will be next....

mwah it is payday tommorrow as well...damn

edit on 27-10-2011 by Thurisaz because: insert Eric Clapton

edit on 27-10-2011 by Thurisaz because: oh and JJ Cale

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

In NZ here, Expecting some of a show

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Nevermind just another ridiculous prediction!

I predict that no doom predictions will come true! Accept my prediction that they wont!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GlobalControl

I love you too. I hope it is the end of evil things but after watching the SHTF in Oaklands, I am not so sure.

reply to post by MoneyIsWorthless

well what about Eric Clapton and JJ Cale on YouTube? That is a show...

edit on 27-10-2011 by Thurisaz because: reply to

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

hahahah I didn't come up with the predicton !!

I was just discussing it...

oh and I just read another future prediction for November.
that is funny. End of the World scenarios, keep em coming folks

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I only referred to the prediction not your post!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
An analogy I've been giving to help clear up the way I think we need to be thinking about these dates is this:

Some Cicada emerge every 13 or 17 years. This is like clockwork. 12 years pass without anything happening. To a species which was only 11 years old, it would be inconceivable that they were about to experience a massive swarm of insects in a couple of years. Some might say "Look at all those strange eggs, what do you suppose they are?" And others say "We've studied them, and they do nothing special"... and others say "But they are eggs and alive" to which they are responded with "Show me the evidence, the data clearly says that these eggs year after year just sit there"... round and round we go until the time hits.

Now the real point here is what the "Day" they all wake up on is like. It's not actually a specific UTC moment despite the period it will happen being predictable. As they awake, they awake at different rates. At first just a couple, then more... then there is this magical moment which is the moment when the most Cicada are waking up at once... then it starts to drop off and our 11 year old species now lives in a world that is nothing like they knew before.

That's what Oct 28th... or 11-11-11... or Dec 12th, 2012 are all about. We are talking about a waking up from thousands of years if not more. Narrowing it down to two years even... is pretty damn good relative to how we can narrow down Cicadas emerging to a month or so out of 13 years. As I see it and feel it... there is not a specific day, but there is a peak period.

I honestly don't know how a person can sit still for a moment, look around themselves, and NOT see the swarm of Cicadas emerging in our human world. There is a clear awaking (political, spiritual, economics, connectivity, etc)... once we are on the other side we will both marvel at how "normal" everything is still while also being utterly different. The people who predict the end of the world are simply stopping too early in their digging into this subject.

So your questing is an interesting one, but looking at the universe and nature with an honest eye... we see that the rise... peak... and fall pattern of "events" is the most common and typical way. Especially for things that are "transforming". The Winter Solstice has a specific time indicated for us, but the fact is the Winter Solstice is "emerging" for 6 months, and then "falling" for six months. The summer solstice is doing the same thing. The specific date and time is simply us marking where the peak of the curve is. Like pointing out the peak of a sine wave.

I hope this helps open peoples minds to a bigger and more imaginative way of looking at this transformation our entire planet and human society is working through right now. It is painful... birth is painful... yet we still celebrate it and look forward to it.

It's like a story I heard where two twins were in the womb. One asked the other "What do you suppose is after this?" The other says "Nothing, why would you think there is anything more than this? As long as we have been making observations here... we have been given no reason to believe we'll be anywhere else but here... and in fact why would we leave? Everything we need is here!"

When the day of birth came, the first twin went out first. There was a great deal of screaming and smacking sounds and the second twin said "I knew it, nothing but pain and suffering and death to look forward to after this".

That's not a very good summation, but I think you get the point. Notice, there was one "birth day"... yet both twins were "born" at a different time and were transformed dramatically from a parasitic life form to an self contained life form able to begin plotting its own destiny once it has learned enough to navigate its new environment.

Another example: 1968 was the peak year of the whole sixties movement, but it was not the only year. Many of those deepest in it can even narrow it down to a couple of months in 1968. There was a clear cultural shift going on, and that was one of the peak "moments" despite it being a larger WAVE (particle wave duality?) that was flowing over everyone and changing them.

Namaste!
edit on 27-10-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

I prefer your prediction.

I nearly wrote addiction. hmmm I was thinking that I had misread it cos of the wine ... but na, old age is creeping in and stuffing up my eyes. I got this zoomed in at 150%

Either way, I might keep drinking until it says midnight and then if SHTF, I won't know about it...
passed out snoozing.

see what all these doom and gloom predictions are doing to me?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Yep my NZ & Ozzy counterparts I'm Just 3rd in line up here in PNG...

Give us a heads will ya, if anything out of the ordinary pops up...:lol

And yes, love you all back...am I happy to be alive in such interesting times.

Here a nice music video just for some effect...

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

You just helped me realize for the first time that the "curse" of "May you live in interesting times" is a verbal equivalent of a Necker cube. As well as a perfect... oh damn... both that phrase *and* the Necker Cube are flawless examples of the duality illusion we live in.

It can be interpreted either way and is truly and entirely up to the observer's state of mind. It's not a curse, it just *is*. Whether it is a curse, a blessing, or unnoticed is up to us. The Necker Cube too isn't one or the other, it's both and neither. Awesome Tao.

I too am greatly appreciating the opportunities these interesting times are giving us.

Interestingly the more interesting it gets... the less I find I "have to do".

Namaste!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

Totally awesome Ergo.

I'd like to make an acknowledgment of your response.

Reality is just an illusion and duality is no different. But I am that I am.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join