Mag Crews - Legal Child Enslavement - When They Knock on Your Door.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This could in ways explain something I saw a while back.

I was near one of our child protective services building as I was walking to go somewhere else and just happened to notice this as I was walking by. It actually caught my attention enough that I stopped and actually went into the office to look at it a little more.

There were warning posters plastered all over the office about child slavery and how kids were being abducted or led astray. These posters alluded that it is an underground thing and was giving the obligatory warning signs and what not. I had always suspected that there were and will always be issues regarding this, but, it kind of took me by surprise at the sheer number of posters in this tiny little office. For the size of this office, I think 3 or 4 posters would have sufficed but the walls were covered with these. I just hope the number of posters I saw in this office does not correspond to how big of a problem that this may be.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
This could in ways explain something I saw a while back.

I was near one of our child protective services building as I was walking to go somewhere else and just happened to notice this as I was walking by. It actually caught my attention enough that I stopped and actually went into the office to look at it a little more.

There were warning posters plastered all over the office about child slavery and how kids were being abducted or led astray. These posters alluded that it is an underground thing and was giving the obligatory warning signs and what not. I had always suspected that there were and will always be issues regarding this, but, it kind of took me by surprise at the sheer number of posters in this tiny little office. For the size of this office, I think 3 or 4 posters would have sufficed but the walls were covered with these. I just hope the number of posters I saw in this office does not correspond to how big of a problem that this may be.

There are many forms of child slavery. The posters you mentioned could be referring to these Mag Crews, but they could also refer to the illegal sex slavery that does happen in this, as well as many other countries around the world. These kids come from all over the place. Sometimes they're taken from their families, sometimes they're homeless teenagers, and sometimes they're kids who didn't have a good home environment. Some kids think it's better to leave and join one of these Mag Crews than to stay home and face their parents. The handlers make them feel like they've joined a new family. The kids meet others with similar backgrounds, they bond, and they're beaten into submission. It's not too far off from prostitution, except that instead of selling their bodies they sell bunk products that many times won't ever make it to your front door. These handlers might as well be pimps.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thank you very much for posting this!!! Sadly I was conned into one of these mag crews when I was younger. It was for a company called PCCS if I am not mistaken. I still have some of my sales receipts put up some where. I will try to dig one out and upload it. It was an adventure to say the least. The crew leaders were geniuses at trainig and manipulateing us to sell the scripts. Things got bad, I remember walking for miles some place in Colorado and it was so hot I thought my blood was boiling trying to get someone to buy my line and get a script. The crew manager was a big ol mean s.o.b. and I truely was terrified of him. I heard rumors and was not going to have my sells drop and deal with him. Long storie short, a guy I was trying to sell to gave me number to call and I secured a bus ticket and went home. Shortly after I joined the military and beleive me it was a piece of cake after the crap I went through with PCCS.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberboiraves

Wow, quite the story with what I hope is a happy ending for you! I'm glad you were able to beat the odds. What would you recommend people do when they encounter someone in that line of "work"?

The thing is that people have NO idea this even exists. As opposed to sex slavery, this is a form of child slavery that we are confronted with head-on. This isn't some gang operating from the shadows, these kids come in contact with ordinary people all the time and nobody knows they need help. In fact we the ORDINARY folks continue to SUPPORT this child slavery unknowingly by purchasing these subscriptions, believing we're doing something positive. All it does is reward the handlers and keep the kids enslaved. It is shameful that our politicians don't do something about regulating this industry. As far as I've read, they say that these people have lobbyists in our Government trying to keep this industry functioning with as little regulation as possible. It's sick.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I had to sell chocolate once in elementary school.

I figured since I never signed a contract or anything that the whole deal was bunk.

I took my chocolate and my friends and I all ate them.

Soooo much chocolate.

Then when it came time to turn in our envelopes they asked me what happened and I said "I dont to know" and that was the last I heard about it.

Idiots want to give me a product without any binding contract, guarantee or insurance this is what they get.

Arent our property taxes painfully high so kids wouldnt have to pimp cocoa around town in the first place?

You know, these days just about every school makes you sell something to get the revenues up. Sometimes it's by choice, but sometimes they give you a box of candy to sell whether or not you want to. The difference is that there's nobody standing behind you or on the street corner who'll punch your lights out if you don't sell the box.

You must have been very clever even as a child! I never thought of that to be able to get out of selling chocolates, and I guess nobody around me was smart enough to think of it either.
I absolutely DESPISE schools for doing this. I get a lot of people with kids soliciting me with cookies n' things, and it's not right. Although I'd love to help the kid out, I just don't believe in this sort of emotionally-charged extortion. The school using the kid to get into my wallet is very underhanded.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I remember on our local news that children who came door to door with the big plastic bins of candy were being forced to do this and working late in the evening.

I have a no soliciting sign on my door but I still get someone once in a while, usually selling extra steak/meat,, I recently had a magazine seller too, but that is rare. Now I know what to do....this is a good thread

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

I'm glad you can appreciate it, and thanks for reading. I wish more people would know about this, but one can't force people to read or care.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I used to live on the beach. And while I was waiting at a stop sign a girl selling magazines came up to the car.
Her spiel was that she was doing this so she could go to college.

One thing that sticks out in my memory.
She told me that if I bought a subscription, "she came with the subscription also"
Alluding that I could do anything I wished if I helped her out.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
After thinking about the incident I mentioned, I racked my brain and believe that the company was called Mountain Subscriptions.

Well, I looked them up and this is what I found:
edumacation.com...

First of all, EDUMACATION???
Yeah.

Seems as though they're making the rounds.
Here's their complaints page:
www.nuggetnews.com...

Honestly, I can't believe I've remembered the name of the company after so many years, but I do have one heck of a memory. I wonder why nobody wants to date me....

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
My dad told me a story of his experience with a mag crew. He left home when he was 16 and moved to Chicago to work selling magazines. He was promised a lot of money. After a couple of weeks he figured out that it was just a huge scam and tried to quit. He was beaten so bad that he ended up in the hospital. Fortunately he had 8 older brothers who drove to Chicago from Arkansas once they heard about what happened. They found the guys that beat my dad and opened up a can of Arkansas whoop-ass on them. They were more than happy after that to pay the hospital bills and give my dad all the money they owed him.

My dad got out of the hospital and went back home a bruised but wiser man. That was almost 50 years ago. The same scam is still going on today. But now the kids are getting hooked on drugs like meth and crack. They need help to get out of this horrible situation. Giving them money is not the answer. Calling the authorities or family members is usually the only thing that works.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

For the parents, I reccommend the age old advise: Get involved and stay involved in your childrens lives. Too
many parents now days want to allow their children freedoms they did not have and the children should not have.
Independence should be encouraged but it is up to you as a parent to guide and supervise that independece.
Obviously that is hard to impossible to do when those teen years come up. I do not have children so it is hard for
me to give advice on the situation. YOUR KIDS ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS! Thats the only way I know how to put it.

As for the teens and young adults: Things always look better than they really are. I know that sounds lame.
Really though, you are not the only one to ever have the bright idea to just run off and make a better more glamorous life than you have. People like these mag companies do not care about you and are not out to make
you rich with a Mtv job! The scheme of these buisnesses are to use the innocent looking kid to their advantage.

Who really says no to a girl scout selling cookies with the spill that it will better her future? Its an old sales trick
that is dependant on compassion and navete of good people. Dont play that game. If somehow you get caught
into this magaziene scheme, get hold of your parents or loved ones immediately, the longer you are there the

more twisted the company will try to make you that everything is ok. If you cant get home..go to the police or a
church. Somwhere where you can regroup and feel safe. Dont try to out think or out smart these crooks..they
know the game.Most of them are lifers who got sucked in the same way and just got stuck. I am very grateful for

the man who helped me that day,I dont know what would ever happened to me. Probably would have ended up
like the hundreds of young and older people huddle in California in tents casualties of the same situation. Yep
you will get dumped if you are no use to them. Oh, and that "contract" is not legal if you are under age so dont

get scared that they can jail you or sue you for expences you occured durring employment. Even if you are over
18 that would not hold in court. Buisness expenses are buisness expenses,they are going to have them and you
are employed.Besides they are makeing more than you occur in debt off your sales. Anyway..think twice and
then think again before makeing any choices in life and above all remeber we are all human and kindness may

not have an immediate pay off but it eventually comes back to you. To the man that helped me; If by some fluke of fate you are reading this, THANK YOU! One day I will find you and you will be rewarded.
edit on 06/08/2011 by Cyberboiraves because: edit
edit on 06/08/2011 by Cyberboiraves because: just trying to make it easier to read
edit on 06/08/2011 by Cyberboiraves because: wrong button..geesh..gonna have a post of edits here at this rate
edit on 06/08/2011 by Cyberboiraves because: better

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
By the way, it is illegal in most states to sell door to door without the actual product. I learned this when we had to run from the cops as our manager told us to do. We got caught of course and the adults in our crew went to jail. Another sceme the mag crooks use to avoid that is give you your first (usually out of date or different complementory magazine) magazine or sicker,candy whatever they can get in a hurry. Its sad,but it works for them. California is usually the last stop with these companies, thus why you see a lot of ex-salesman on the streets there.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

You know, these days just about every school makes you sell something to get the revenues up. Sometimes it's by choice, but sometimes they give you a box of candy to sell whether or not you want to. The difference is that there's nobody standing behind you or on the street corner who'll punch your lights out if you don't sell the box.

You hit the nail on the head here. When my kids were in school, I sent notes back telling the school in no way did I condone my child going door to door to sell candy. This was before you could look online to see how many registered pedophiles lived in the area they would canvas, but not too long after the Walsh incident. Not only that, being a single parent, my time was valuable and I did not have time to canvass to sell chocolates. Schools need to quit doing this...it's far too dangerous, and NO, I refuse to sell candy at work for my kids!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

She told me that if I bought a subscription, "she came with the subscription also"

Yep, that sounds like my husbands granddaughter! In all serious though, that is an extreme call for help, and she probably needed the extra money to escape from her employer.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberboiraves

That is some excellent advice, and I'm glad someone with your experience found this thread. Articles are one thing, but personal stories are even better. I've been telling everyone I know what I learned about these Mag Crews. I also told them the best thing is to help them get in touch with their families or authorities when these kids come to their doors.

One more question for you. Did the man who saved you know you were in trouble, or did you ask for help? How did he know he had to help you out?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
My dad told me a story of his experience with a mag crew. He left home when he was 16 and moved to Chicago to work selling magazines. He was promised a lot of money. After a couple of weeks he figured out that it was just a huge scam and tried to quit. He was beaten so bad that he ended up in the hospital. Fortunately he had 8 older brothers who drove to Chicago from Arkansas once they heard about what happened. They found the guys that beat my dad and opened up a can of Arkansas whoop-ass on them. They were more than happy after that to pay the hospital bills and give my dad all the money they owed him.

My dad got out of the hospital and went back home a bruised but wiser man. That was almost 50 years ago. The same scam is still going on today. But now the kids are getting hooked on drugs like meth and crack. They need help to get out of this horrible situation. Giving them money is not the answer. Calling the authorities or family members is usually the only thing that works.

Amazing. I had NO idea this scam was as old as that! That's crazy to me. I just don't understand why we don't hear about this on the news. Maybe we should contact a few news stations and get them to do a story on these kids. After all, I get one of them every few months, and I know people who've had them stop at their doors too. None of us knew it had such a dark side to it. I'm happy to learn that your dad got out of that business. He was lucky to have so many caring brothers to come for him.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I used to live on the beach. And while I was waiting at a stop sign a girl selling magazines came up to the car.
Her spiel was that she was doing this so she could go to college.

you never told us if you "bought the subscription" lol j/k

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

This is not even close to being funny. Not even if you claim you typed it because you are retarded.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

Originally posted by camaro68ss

This is not even close to being funny. Not even if you claim you typed it because you are retarded.

o lighten up

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wow, I remember selling magazine subs in middle school for fund raisers. It was exciting as a kid, going door to door, talking to people and then earning the rewards afterwards.

That is a disturbing article though.

None of those kids come to my door anymore, I used to just tell them "No thanks, I have the internet".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join