It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'M BEING ARRESTED! There's An App For That

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Not sure where to put this, and I didn't find this posted under any searches, apologies if it's old news.

Occupy Wall Street gets 'Getting Arrested' app

The Daily News says the creator of the "I'm Getting Arrested" app is Jason Van Anden, a Brooklyn software developer. It's available at Android Market.

Van Anden is working to make it available on iPhone.

www.usatoday.com...

A "How To" on using the app...
www.movements.org...

Occupy Wall Street sympathizer creates 'I'm Getting Arrested' app to help protesters
www.nydailynews.com...

Is this a competition? Are we trying to be the country who has a citizen arrest ratio of 1 in 3?
I'm good, thanks though.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Why waste your free phone call? Just send out an APB to everyone you know asking for bail money before you get cuffed.
This is an awesome idea for drunks!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

I know your comment was made in jest...but some of us WILL be arrested because we have the BA...no, the intestinal fortitude to stand for what we believe. So, best make sure "Police" when they lie, as they will often do are exposed.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Things will get worse soon enough, and this can be a good tool in times where the police gangs outnumber innocent civilians, or a "cop watch" is needed for a detained individual being harassed by law enforcement.

Hit the big red dot, and other cop watchers come to your location with cameras to film the incident. I believe parts of Canada and Montana have something like that in affect.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FrenchOsage

Yea, but if anyone thinks that OWS protestors will be the only ones buying this, they're naive. This is going to be a popular accessory for drunks everywhere. I'm saying that seriously. Some people get arrested with some regularity ya know.

new topics

top topics

join