It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Soviet Union Leader Calls for New World Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Gorbachev Calls for New World Order

He commented on the changing world: “We cannot leave things as they were before, when we are seeing that these protests are moving to even new countries, that almost all countries are now witnessing such protests, that the people want change,” he said. “As we are addressing these challenges, these problems raised by these protest movements, we will gradually find our way towards a new world order.” Gorbachev added, “I understand that you are inaugurating a center that will result in the kind of education and knowledge needed for these situations, and I congratulate you.” “History is not preordained,” said Gorbachev. “We can influence history if we understand the most important things.”

www.lafayette.edu... t/news/2011/10/20/mikhail-gorbachev-says-uprisings-signal-an-emerging-new-world-order/

This was a few days before the Pope called for a global economic system. To me, it all reeks of people of influence skewing the protests to suit their own agendas. Hell, the slogan in the US is "End the Fed" - but that doesn't mean "Start the NWO".

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well. A new world order i think is eventually inevitable. It is up to us. We the people. To decide whether the NWO will be controlled my the wealthy elite. Or by the people.

Two choices my friend.

Elite
Humanity

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Gorbachev has been in on it all from the beginning, this is why he introduced Glasnost.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

A former Soviet leader and the pope asked for a new world order? The pope doesn't even have any legal authority.
Sounds like a play on words at best.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Yeah, technically neither does Gorbachev. They are still people of influence.

Apparently it has been part of the Pope's agenda since 2009.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I had a feeling that these protests would be used to front a nwo of sorts was just wating for someone to say it. But what do you expect from world wide protests sounds like a logical baby step to asociate the two.

Think about it combining protests world wide with no rep is like begging for world wide rep. Its almost too easy.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
So... he's repeating the stuff he's said years ago?

This is a clip from The Gorbachev Foreign Policy Tour on May 6, 1992.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
^ Good link. I had no idea this dated back to 1992. It is interesting to note the context of the OWS protests in the grand scheme of things though... justifying NWO with the protests, I mean.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Am i alone on here in liking Gorbachev? I wish more leaders were like him (and no im not communist or advocating communism). He seems to always know which way the wind is blowing politically and societally and he does seem to want the best for people

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

In Gorbachev's defense, when he refers to a new world order, he doesn't mean it in the way you and I know it. He's talking about a political concept that he envisioned in the early 90s, not the conspiratorial big-bad NWO.
But to be realistic, ever since I learned about Black January, I can't trust the man.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

Well, i have just read on Black January. Thank you for the spur to do some extra reading. I am usually very on the ball with this sort of incident around the world but have to admit my complete ignorance of this (despite studying aspects of soviet history whilst at uni, although in my defence from the european border areas).

It does somewhat cloud my judgement of Gorbachev now

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
A very small point. The Pope didn't call for a NWO, it was a paper released by the Justice and Peace Council within the Vatican. They have a reputation for being very, what? Progressive? Left-wing? And, amazingly enough, Popes don't have total control of everything that goes on in the Vatican.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Just to play devil's advocate, could a New World Order simply just be calling upon the world elites to band together to change the world for a good cause? Not necessarily to rule under a totalitarian government but just to run their governments in a similar, democratic fashion?

Just thinking...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KayEs

What would be their motivation to do that? Have they shown a desire for liberty and individualism before?

new topics

top topics

join