It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be another civil war in America, who will win?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
... That is all I have to say ... Civil War ... hahahaha ... The people that want Kerry as president are pansies that want the US to be allies with everyone because they want to stop spending money on Defense hahaha ... yeah right ... if Kerry is president I am moving ..

Oh yeah, that would be terrible. I mean, could you image a world where everyone is at peace because of good diplomacy...how horrific of a world would that be?

PS- I hate to mention this, but does anyone realize we are talking about everything John Titor himself said? Around the exact same time he said it? Makes one wonder....

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've thought of the possibility of a civil war. I don't know if one will happen. But if one does, I think it will be American citizens vs. the largely corrupted government. That sounds more like a revolution. But I would think that some generals and military officials as well as some good politicians would break off from the existing gov body and fight against them along with the people. Plus, I'm sure the government would have some citizens who would be loyalists to them, either out of fear for consequences for fighting against them, or from promised benefits, or for just plain loyality. This is the most likely scenario IMO.

Actually, it's kinda related to class wars, but not as much. There would be mixing and sides woudln't be so easily defined.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
Hey, all I can say is my conservative buddies and I, well, it is apparent we are armed much better than the bleeding heart, gun control, tree worshipping, peacenik, baby killing, anti-war, Bush-hating liberals.

Yea, and the Romans underestimated Queen Boudicca and the rest of the Celtic tribes that eventualy brought down Rome.

Whats wrong with Tree Worship?

Wraith

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It was actually the Germanic tribes that ended the Roman empire, and Queen Boudica got killed....

But I see your point

But back to that baby-killing, tree worshipping sh*te......what??? So anyone who wants peace, also eats babies and worships trees, whilst at the same time stopping guns and hoping for a better world? Slightly contradictory and utter bollocks that statement methinks......

Stop with the "them and us" crap, end the "cons V liberals", everyone is different and entitled to a view, but labelling so generally serves no one, and will everntually be your downfall.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Well, I'd say that the conservatives and liberals would wipe each other out, leaving the libertarians to take over. Would be interesting.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   
If there's another election fiasco like Florida 2000, things may get a bit out of hand here and there.

I'm really surprised militias aren't as popular these days compared to the way they were in mid-90s after Waco and Ruby Ridge. Maybe if we have Federal crackdowns displayed on TV they'll come back.

Feds have to go kind of easy in this country because everyone is armed.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
It was actually the Germanic tribes that ended the Roman empire, and Queen Boudica got killed....

But I see your point

But back to that baby-killing, tree worshipping sh*te......what??? So anyone who wants peace, also eats babies and worships trees, whilst at the same time stopping guns and hoping for a better world? Slightly contradictory and utter bollocks that statement methinks......

Stop with the "them and us" crap, end the "cons V liberals", everyone is different and entitled to a view, but labelling so generally serves no one, and will everntually be your downfall.

Yes, Queen Boudica got killed in aobut 44BCE but she started the trend for the Celtic tribes to rebel against rome whick eventualy led to the sacking of rome.

It was an amassed Celtic force that sacked Rome in 410 CE., causing the final collapse of the 'Empire' proper

Granted there were a number of factors against Rome such as the Germanic tribes as well as the Visagoths in 376.

Wraith

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Be there another fiasco in Florida or any other place some of you can dream up....
There will NOT be another Civil War in/within the US! Bet.

Hate to disappoint many of you "wishful" thinkers.....

seekerof

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Be there another fiasco in Florida or any other place some of you can dream up....
There will NOT be another Civil War in/within the US! Bet.

Hate to disappoint many of you "wishful" thinkers.....

seekerof

Actualy there will likly be annother Cival War here. Perhaps not in our lifetimes but eventualy our nation will fall. No government will last, it is the nature of mankind.

Wraith

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I don't know if there will be another civil war or not. If there is, I believe it will be along the lines of race overall. Rich vs. poor, which in literal terms equals white vs. everyone else for the most part. The lower class white population may be spared, in the apartment complexes, smaller modest homes, and trailer parks. But when it comes to targets. Everyone knows what race has the majority, living in $300,000 homes and up. I didn't say all, but a vast majority. Everyone also knows what race the majority of politicians are. Or CEO's and management of corporations, or evangelical "christians" etc.. Everyone knows who the ruling class is here in the US. The majority of them would become targets, and the majority are white. This is coming from a white mut by the way, that hopes he's spared. If I stick around for it that is.

All I have to say is, we better hope there isn't a civil war. What has yet to be mentioned, is the response from various other countries if there were one. That could easily spark WW III, and the US wouldn't be able to be the great protector in it. Especially after we have made many countries our enemies. Talk about a nightmare. We go and piss off just about everyone else in the world, then we have a civil war. I bet there are countries just itching for this to happen, so they can come and claim the prize. Who wouldn't want to take this country over, if given the chance? Get us killing eachother off, and they come and claim the spoils of war. Not to mention, if this did happen. We would definately have international troops from the UN sent to stop it, I would think. Not that they could, but it would be a good excuse, wouldn't it?

Just my opinion,
Tom Sawyer

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
after watching convention last night, I feel......yes, the war is coming.
Republican certainly have done much much much better job in campaign. Faith based people are much stronger cause they are very easily leaded and they are very united. Instead, liberals fight with each other, consuming too much energy on debate about what they shall do and what they shall not do........Kerry will lose, I bet 100 bucks here. Anybody know where (which website) I can put bet on this and win some money?
But the thing is, after Republican win, certainly more strict laws will follow.....they might change the law to make Bush another 4 years........ and everybody need to become Christian, if there is research, only two things are allowed: god and weapons. Making weapons day time and pray at night. Republican are born for war and honored for war, they will march towards the world: IRAN, North Korea, France, China. The civil war will cross United States and spead into the world. Faith based people are very very strong, ....they will win everything. And...they will see god if they die in the war

Liberals, dig a hole, hide yourself, but try to be smart, dig a deeper hole, dont be like Sadam :-)

[edit on 2-9-2004 by proxxx]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
All great nations eventually have to come to an end either from a civil war or from other way

I hope there is not another civil war because the last thing any American would want to see is a brother shooting at a brother

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Unlike the rest of the world, there is a great love for the United States from its citizens.

The people of this country, may at times disagree, but in the end come to common ground to do the right thing.

This is what make the United States the best country in the world, we can agree to disagree

No a civil war will not happen in the United States.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
No, we believe Unites States is chosen by god and we represent god to liberate all human beings into a free world under god.
If every nation has to "die" in the end, she must be "liberated" by us. When there is nobody to be liberated anymore. we and god will become "the one".

USA! USA! USA! USA!...
USA! USA! USA! USA!...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time Trapped
All great nations eventually have to come to an end either from a civil war or from other way

I hope there is not another civil war because the last thing any American would want to see is a brother shooting at a brother

Actualy my brother is a rotting scumbag who would be greatly improved by suddon death... soooo no problem there.

But, I doubt there will be one in our lifetimes.. the country will eventualy collaps though..

wraith

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Unlike the rest of the world, there is a great love for the United States from its citizens.

The people of this country, may at times disagree, but in the end come to common ground to do the right thing.

This is what make the United States the best country in the world, we can agree to disagree

No a civil war will not happen in the United States.

Our country and our government are two different things.

You can love your country, but don't confuse that with the necessary evil of government.

Wars cause the end of republics. If we're truly gearing into eternal war for eternal peace mode, the nature of this country will have to change to sustain that. Perhaps social engineering is so strong these days that we will never get to a breaking point. Hard to say. I guess we'll see.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
Hey, all I can say is my conservative buddies and I, well, it is apparent we are armed much better than the bleeding heart, gun control, tree worshipping, peacenik, baby killing, anti-war, Bush-hating liberals.

YEAH .... He is defenitely right . ONly thing we have to watch out for is STDS.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Our nation will have a civil war but not one based upon a military confrontation. If you have not noticied the majority of our politicians do not represent the common American. They either represent special interest groups or corporate interests. There views of America seem to be very shallow and localized.
The political parties and there are only two that amount to anything need to be toppled by a third party. Ralph Nader is representing the third political party this year but look at how his efforts are being opposed.
We need a third party that represents you and I. I believe this party will start to emerge during 2005. This emergence will start the beginning of a civil war within our continent.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It all boils down the $$.

If taxation gets too high eventually one or several of the states will simply say "# you."

If New England decided they could defend themselves better from terrorist crap than the US can, (remember local law enforcement has caught more suspicious types than the Federal Government) the state legislatures could say "Take your taxes and your Federal Excuses and go away."

The smallest state in the Union has twice the GNP of North Korea, for example, and 1/27th the citizens.

California alone is the world's 5th largest economy.

What if the Californians get sick of the Federales violating their state's laws?

How about Hawaii decides their sick of the BS that goes along with the Haolies?

When you lose 22% of your paycheck to the Feds, do you think you're getting your money back? How about 30%? How about the government drafts your kids for wartime service and you're paying 35% taxes and the Feds act like Gestapo?

Everyone has a breaking point.

Remember how quickly local militias sprung up all over the US after Ruby Ridge and Waco? Notice that we haven't had a Ruby Ridge or Waco on TV lately? Guess what, it wasn't because everyone suddenly decided they love the government too much, it's because the government backed off!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think CA shall clearly seperate itself out from the federal, Anorld can become president

Texas shall do the same things, Bush can get 40 more years instead of 4 more years

Alabama shall do the same thing, then Pop will relocate in Alabama

hm...not bad idea at all.. then
Hilary is president of NY.
Kerry is president of MA.

The rest sill is United States. California will become another reliable ally like British, and we get more votes in UN! And we will have Pop here!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join