It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you close your ATS account?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I enjoy ATS and its thoughtful discussion. But since I've started posting here I've become cynical and pessimistic. Therefore I think I should leave.

I'm worried that since this is such a popular website eventually hackers are going to hack it and reveal who is registered here and their email addresses. I would like to close my account or at least block my email address from being in the database. Is this possible?
edit on 27-10-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

If you want to close your account just insult one of the Mods or site owners. You will be outta here in a NY minute.--------------

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I don't think anyone really cares about your email address amigo.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

The thing is I use my email address for everything. It is traceable to me.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

If it was really that important to someone they could get it hacking or not.

Also it's 2011, and you only have one email address? I surely hope you guys don't do this.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Good to know,

P.s. Change your password, you have been cracked.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Hey there, I can assure you that we are 100% take pride in protecting our members info, and we have many measure that do this, There really is no need to worry,

As the site gets bigger we also up how we protect our members, These days though Hackers ect are not really bothered with peoples emails ect and there are so many forms out there ie hot mail ect that its not worth it to them,

You best bet in keeping your account safe is to log off each time ( So that friends ect cant pop on and post for you)

Contact me if you need more help

Take care, x

Asala,

edit on 27-10-2011 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
reply to post by 547000

I don't think anyone really cares about your email address amigo.

Lmfao Nos you be funny bro.

for the Op the easiest way to cancel your account is to get banned as fast as humanly possible faster then all of the other who came before you ..

that way when i write my ats blogger i can make a list of all of the banned peeps and you can then finally be number 11
edit on 28/10/11 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Just going to echo Asala's comments here. No need to worry, and whether you were banned or active, a hacker's ability to access wouldn't be any different. We do use a variety of security measures though, of course, to protect our members' information.

new topics

top topics

join