It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department’s Kleptocracy Asset Recovery Initiative.....Say What!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
That's right Kleptocracy Asset Recovery Initiative, created this year by the Department of Justice to target and recover the proceeds of foreign corruption laundered through the United States. Who's one of their first targets you may be asking? Someone in Banking...nope. Someone involved with Wall Street....nope....please read more:

Justice Department officials are trying to seize more than $70 million in assets — including a Malibu mansion and Michael Jackson memorabilia — owned by the playboy son of the dictator of Equatorial Guinea. Prosecutors filed civil forfeiture complaints against Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue and moved to seize a variety of valuables, including a 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO worth $533,000, collectibles and clothing valued at $1.8 million that were once owned by pop star Michael Jackson, a $38.5 million Gulfstream G-V business jet, and a house purchased for $30 million on 12 acres of property in Malibu, Calif.

Washington Post

An amended civil forfeiture complaint has been unsealed in U.S. District Court in the Central District of California and a separate civil forfeiture complaint was filed today in the District of Columbia. According to the complaints, Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue (Nguema) used his position and influence as a government minister for Equatorial Guinea to acquire criminal proceeds through corruption and money laundering, in violation of both Equatoguinean and U.S. law. According to the complaints, Nguema is the son of Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mbasogo (Obiang), the president of Equatorial Guinea.

DOJ Link

I mean....really Kleptocracy Assest Recovery Initiative
Seems we have more than enough Kleptomaniacs residing right here in the good ol' US of A to apprehend first. We could start with the banks. Specifically, B of A and their $73 Trillion dollars. Nguema's $70 million is peanuts compared to B of A.

This is truly one of the wackiest things I have ever heard of. I hope taxpayer dollars isn't funding this one!

I'm at a lost for words here. Any thoughts on this new "Foreign Kleptomaniac Initiative"?

BTW, I was wondering who paid $190,000.00 dollars for Michael Jackson's glove

ETA: MODS if this is in the wrong forum, please move accordingly.
edit on 10/27/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hope it's not funded by taxpayer dollars... Ha! Very droll!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Its another resource grab by the Rothschild elites. I read a post the other day that mentioned that area as being very rich in resources.

S+F for you OP

Shaade

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaade

Its another resource grab by the Rothschild elites. I read a post the other day that mentioned that area as being very rich in resources.

S+F for you OP

Shaade

If only laws like this were used against the real criminals...

Things maybe wouldn't be so bad.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

S+F for you OP

Shaade

Indeed it is very rich in resources Equatorial Guinea
One of their main sources of income....you guessed it...OIL. The main buyers? The USA followed by China...how ironic. If that ain't the "Pot Calling The Kettle Black"

This just seems like another pointless tit for tat jab by the US, IMO.

ETA:
BTW, I was wondering who paid $350,000.00 dollars for MJ's glove

edit on 10/26/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

S+F for you OP

Shaade

If only laws like this were used against the real criminals...

Things maybe wouldn't be so bad.

That would be an absolute dream come true...to see real criminals brought to justice. However, it may be a long time before we have that dream.

edit on 10/26/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join