It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most OBVIOUS police brutality I have ever witnessed. This is shamefully MALICIOUS!!!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Your response and the information it contains is EXACTLY why an investigation must be done before anonymous and everyone else jumps on the band wagon. The cop at the barricades tossed 2 flashbangs. There was nothing fired from the officer.

Protestors have stated the marine was hit with a rubber bullet, and one of the protestors actually produced it and showed it to media. Now you and others are saying he was hit with a tear gas canister.

Since not even the protestors can get the sequence of events, let alone what the item was that hit the marine, correct, maybe you should let the investigation run its course.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

An investigation would be absolutely hunkey dorey for everyone. provided there is one. But there isn't always.

As far as the rubber bullet vs canister thing, I am going on what I am reading from various news sources. The ones I've seen all said canister. An investigation would certainly clear that part up, if there is one.

Anyways, incidents of police excess or brutality aren't limited to the Oakland protests.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well this is another perfectly cropped and edited peice of crap.

Why the obvious bias, only showing the police as the bad guys, all the while ignoring the rioters throwing rocks and bottles at the police?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

John paul you waste your breath! It's obvious to me there are some people that are blindly being led by the corporate media and have been for years! If people would only open there eyes to what is really happening in the world, they would see that there are three classes of us. Those that are oppressed, those that oppress and those that try to stay on the sidelines and criticise one side or the other! Someday these people on the sidelines may end up on one side or another but until then they will wish it all away, as if their Cognitive dissonance would allow them to believe a truthful conclusion! If they could only have a peek into what our future is becoming. This is what i see most people doing when we turn into the fascist state that we are becoming!

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I believe that most of the 99% do not possess Critical consciousness. here are some ideals and behaviors I have come to realize which have caused us to be so blind!

Fear inhibits reality in the world we live in cause truth tends to be opposite of what we allow ourselves to percieve
and this can also be known as cognitive dissonance!
As we perceive truth we must come to a crossroad of choice!
The transient reality is opposite of what our oppressors would have us percieve!
We want to blame all our problems on everything and everyone else!
We all want to live today like theres no tomorrow!
We deny anything that could lead us to change our idiosyncrasies!
We are selfish till we realize we are and intent on not changing but instead pointing out others who we think are worse!
When we decide what we want but know we can't afford it we will do anything to hold on to the delusion of ownership!
We convince ourselves we are not kind empathetic or trustworthy so we can justify our actions without remorse!We constantly convince ourselves that we are powerless to change this evil world but we are willing to empower ourselves over others so we can have a leg up on them!
We convince ourselves we are superior and dominant over others to justify wronging them!
We convince ourselves there is no higher power to judge us, no heaven or hell and no right or wrong. That perspective is judge to all around us, deception is key to being king and material wealth is that crown and the power!
Americans are possibly the most ignorant of the world with their belief that we are being protected by the most powerful nation on earth but in reality america is a tool for those that are power hungry and they use it with the excuse of freedom for all to keep the slaves in line!
The American dream is the biggest lie of all, making the masses believe that you too can be on the top of the great pyramid if you are to just work, save and enslave enough of the other slaves!

These are all true of most if not all people and myself included! Though i see myself as one with an open mind, honest, truthful and though this has taken me all of 43 years and many mistakes to find this out! The person I am today has not existed before this time because my reality of perception is always changing! I make no claim of knowing it all just the reality of accepting the truth! If we can't be truthful with ourselves we will never be truthful
with anyone else! We need to stop blaming others for our own insecurities! blaming other people for our own shortcomings is one of the biggest problems facing our unification! The biggest truth I have come to realize is we are all brothers, though whether we choose to be humane or just labeled as a human is a choice we all must make or we will forever be miserable and only satisfied when we see others more miserable then ourselves!
I send these to you John Paul because you are intelligent, honest and analitical and i have read many of your posts and do agree with much of what you say. I would also like to say though I did write many of these and have hundreds more, I am sure that some of them were copied or remembered! If only more people were honest with themselves, what a world we would be! Thankyou for all your insightful posts. Please excuse any grammer or spelling errors as i'm sure there are many.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
reply to post by Xcathdra

An investigation would be absolutely hunkey dorey for everyone. provided there is one. But there isn't always.

As far as the rubber bullet vs canister thing, I am going on what I am reading from various news sources. The ones I've seen all said canister. An investigation would certainly clear that part up, if there is one.

Anyways, incidents of police excess or brutality aren't limited to the Oakland protests.

Their is an investigation into the incident. The police removed themselves from it and turned it over to the Prosecuting attorneys office to avoid any conflict of interest or accusations of a coverup that would come from groups who hate the the police .

As far as the canister verse rubber bullets, all you are seeing is just one side of the story. Ive seen comments that its possible it was in fact a rock thrown by a protestor that hit the marine. However since it has not been confirmed, I have pushed that possibility other than to say we dont have the entire story.

As far as police excess / brutality, and I mean this with the utmost respect, but you guys have absolutely no idea what use of force is and how it works with law enforcement, aside from the assinine assumptions based on ignorance and personal opinions, instead of fact.

I have no issues with people challenging and holding police accountible for their actions. However that is a 2 way road, so my question to you is where is your outrage and the behavior of some of the protestors who are doing anything but protesting?

Why condone the destruction of public and private property?
Why condone the OWS seizing the Israeli consulate while taking hostages for 18 hours?
Why condone the OWS actions when they occupy vacant buildings?
Why condone the OWS when they block / prevent people from entering or exiting businesses in the area?

The police would never have been deployed if it werent for the OWS movement and several of those people in the movement advocating violence.

If your going to hold police accountible while leveling accusations, is it to much to ask that you or others do research on BOTH sides of the story before gathering up the torches and pitchforks?

Knowledge is important if for no other reason than people being able to properly understand the difference between a protest, which is a guaranteed right, and rioting, which is what the bulk of these OWS people are doing.

Before you and others scream about my blanket comment about OWS people, im just using the blanket accusations that yyou and others do when referring to police action. You guys make no distinction between the actions of one officer, instead stereotyping and lumping all law enforcement together.

whats even more hilarious is how people in this thread, as well as others now, have been offended by the lack of distinction between OWs protestors and the protestors who are doing anything but protesting.

Its ok to blanket view cops, yet those same people are offended when its applied to them.

Hypocrisy and ignorance for the win.
edit on 9-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

It seems the police are getting more out of control as the days go by. I hope they stand up for the people they are suppost to protect instead of their employers when the time comes.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSandman
reply to post by Aggie Man

It seems the police are getting more out of control as the days go by. I hope they stand up for the people they are suppost to protect instead of their employers when the time comes.

How is it standing up for the people if the officers blatently allow large groups of people to disregard the law allowing them to destroy public and private property? How is it defending the people if the police allow protestors to storm the Israeli embassy and take hostages for 18 hours?

How is it standing up for the people in the police allow groups to advocate violence?

Who are you wanting the police to stand up for? The rioters? Protestors? Business owners?

When people lump all law enforcement into the same category, who is the good cops and how are the bad cops?

You do understand the function of law enforcement is not to protect the individual right? You do understand the primary function of law enforcement is to protect society.

What exactly are you wanting for Law enforcement?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
More police assaults; this time it's in my own city, Dallas. Watch this video, as this cop casually pushes a protester to the ground (0:04 into the clip). This was unprovoked.

edit on 10-11-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join