It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible help to immigrant problem in USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Just a thought....since we have such a huge issue here with anchor babies...couldn't the problem be fixed that to be a citizen of the US one has to be born TO a civilian of the USA? In other words, to be a citizen, a child's mother or (and?) father must be 100% undeniably a citizen of the USA for the child to be a citizen of the USA? That could possibly help some of the nonsense going on with anchor babies and illegals being here because of those anchor babies....

Feel free to discuss! I look forward to your thoughts ATS

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
No the 14th Amendment is quite clear on this can't be done the only solution is border enforcement a complete closure and use the mechanism's in place.

As crappy as that whole deal is that is a line that should not be crossed.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonholland
Hey guys,

Just a thought....since we have such a huge issue here with anchor babies...couldn't the problem be fixed that to be a citizen of the US one has to be born TO a civilian of the USA? In other words, to be a citizen, a child's mother or (and?) father must be 100% undeniably a citizen of the USA for the child to be a citizen of the USA?

You talk like that's a new idea. It's called blood citizenship (in contrast to our birthright citizenship) and it's what all first world countries have except america and, i believe, canada. If you're born here, you become a citizen only if your mother is a citizen. That's what many americans are fighting for.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
No the 14th Amendment is quite clear on this can't be done the only solution is border enforcement a complete closure and use the mechanism's in place.

As crappy as that whole deal is that is a line that should not be crossed.

NONONONO. The 14th amendment is NOT clear on that. It says anyone born in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof is a citizen. No one knows what the phrase "subject to the jurdisdiction thereof" means. It certainly does not simply mean bound by our laws since that goes without saying.

Like many of the amendments, the 14th is ambiguous.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I think that before we try to use of the "rights" that we (Americans) think we have, we should make sure that these things are in place for us, before we try to use them for or against anyone else.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This really isnt a hard issue to correct and we dont need to change the constitution to do it. All we need to do is pull our troops out of the 900+ bases and 3+ illegal/undeclared wars and put them on our border. Its a shame when Afghanastan's border is more secure than our own isnt it?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

i agree. but in order to maintain the empire and get those done, we could use my rule, no?

top topics

join