It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shiner Bock Black Lager Garlic Cheese Bread Recipe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
3 cups all-purpose flour
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 12oz bottle of Shiner Bock Black Lager (or your favorite dark, stout beer)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 heaping cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon Italian herbs
15 cloves of garlic, diced
garlic butter - 1/4 cup butter melted with 4 cloves of garlic

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2.) In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Pour in beer; stir until a stiff batter is formed. Add cheese, olive oil, herbs, and diced garlic. Scrape dough into buttered and floured loaf pan.
3.) Pour garlic butter on top of unbaked dough
4.) Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.

Sam's Club sells a jug of already peeled garlic cloves, so I usually just grab a big handful and throw them in the food processor. But, I would say the number above is about how many it ends up being. We love garlic (it keeps the vampires away...especially this close to Halloween and it's a natural antibiotic)! You can use less.

P.S. Smoked Gouda makes a awesome grilled cheese with this!

edit on 26-10-2011 by LeatherNLace because: spelling

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
May I request the caloric intake per serving please?!?

Just kidding- the recipe sounds delicious and the results look even better!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by robinthehood

Calorie intake...yes....I don't want to know. This is for special occasions lol. But, I made this for Christmas Eve last year wth my heart healthy Seafood & Sausage Gumbo. I'll get to those low-fat recipes in time lol.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Boss.
For any one not in an area that sells shiner - www.argonautliquor.com...
Stoopid expensive, but I didn't search to hard. Prove your of age and ill send you a 6pack at cost.
Sorry if i broke t & c with this.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
*wipes drool from keyboard*

My god!

If they packaged this and sold it in stores I would probably live on nothing else.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hey i work at a brewery in Lancaster Pennsylvania, we have a Milk Stout.. I tried it with your general recipe it came out pretty good, i didn't try it personally but i made it for our kitchen and brewery staff they loved it, i also incorporated spent grains (oats) from the brewery process and also dry oats, then i also made a few with hot peppers from my garden, jalapenos, habaneros (regular and chocolate peppers), Bhut Jolokia chili pepper ( Ghost Pepper ) and sold them to friends, they loved it gives a little heat to the bread ( one pepper per loaf is sufficient ) unless you like it extra hot. anyway i been chef mostly my whole life, never really dug baking, (did cakes, strudels, and bread here and there..but this got me back in to it. thanks-Juicy J.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bluntsessions

Sounds awesome! I am glad that my recipe inspired you to bake. It sounds like you have taken it to the next level!!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
OMG

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
sounds yummy. Might be time to do some baking and try this; I think it would go great with my veggie beef soup.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by robinthehood

Without the beer, which wasn't an ingredient in my software, and assuming 12 slices, about 265 calories per slice...so, maybe 300 calories with the beer, give or take.....

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

What if you choose to not use beer, don't use the stuff at all.....what could you substitute

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

What if you choose to not use beer, don't use the stuff at all.....what could you substitute

You can use non-alcoholic beer if you don't want the alcohol, but most of the alcohol in regular beer burns off in the baking process anyway. So, other options would be to use plain carbonated water, Sprite (or diet), 7-UP, Root Beer, etc. Just use any carbonated beverage of your choice as a substitute for the beer.

The beer adds a bit of rise to the loaf due to the yeast. But, the baking powder provides rise too. So, it should turn out great with the substitutes.

If you try it with one of those, let me know how it goes!

edit on 12-11-2011 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
OMG

top topics

join