It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore Lies " I Am Not Part of the 1%"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Schlockumentary filmmaker Michael Moore is so hell-bent on being a leader of the Occupy Wall Street movement that he's willing to lie about his wealth on national television. Appearing for the second time this month on CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight Tuesday, Moore dishonestly pushed back on any suggestion that he's part of the top one percent in this nation who are millionaires (video follows with transcript and commentary):

MORGAN: You're not in if 1 percent?

MOORE: Of course I'm not. How can I be in the 1 percent?

MORGAN: Because you're worth millions.

MOORE: No, that's not true. Listen, I do really well. I do well. But what's the point, though? Isn't that

newsbusters.org...

Watch the embeded video and visit the website for transcript.

More:

Michael Moore is a controversial documentary filmmaker with a net worth of $50 million. Moore’s biggest three movies; Bowling For Columbine, Fahrenheit 911 and Capitalism A Love Story have earned over $300 million at the box office.

www.celebritynetworth.com...

Ain't this something No Moore isn't the 1% that have been vilified for over a month and longer he is just doing "well" so well that other's would give anything to be living in his shoes.

But wait for it All rich people are not evil making money isn't evil just some of them which leads me to my next source:

Via Newsbusters, I wonder if this is a simple case of him lying or if class demagoguery has now reached the point where the “heroes” honestly don’t know who the “villains” are. My sense is that the OWS crowd thinks the top one percent consists of the Forbes 400 plus anyone who works in finance in any capacity above the secretarial level. That is to say, “one percent” isn’t to be taken literally as a metric; it’s just a catch-all term for “rich people we don’t like.” By that standard, of course Moore’s not one of them. He’s the guy who goes around describing the Forbes 400 as “400 little Mubaraks,” remember?

hotair.com...

Quite the hypocrisy got going on and for those who have seem to forgotten the definition:

hy·poc·ri·sy  
noun, plural -sies.
a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.
an act or instance of hypocrisy.

dictionary.reference.com...

Yep meh

edit on 26-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+105 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
When refering to the 1%. Most of the 1% are not people, but corporations that control billions and trillions, and lets not forget the billionaires who have made record profits for themselves in the last 10 years.

He is not part of the 1%, he supports the 99%, which makes him the 99%. People, even wealthy people like Mr Moore, still have a heart, and know where it's at. He's been talking about wall streets crimes before ows even started, of course he'd be on board.

People take things way too literal, big problem today.

Also, how much has he donated to various causes?

Also, how many anti-ows posts and comments do you need to make before you'll stop? Its the same crap over and over again.

edit on 26/10/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/10/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So, no matter what your beliefs are, if you make really good money you are part of the 1%? I have to disagree with that completely. I would image there are a fair amount of wealthy people that actually back the OWS movement and what it stands for. But hey, if you want to lump people together and villify them all, have at it. I'm sure you feel better after doing so.

As for Mr. Moore, I am undecided as of yet, but I think he truly does believe what he says, and that he feels that he is not part of the 1% based on his beliefs, not his bank account.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
i believe him. after fahrenheit 9/11 they kicked him out.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I watched this interview, I didn't get the impression he was trying to be deceitful about his fortune.

When he was talking about the 1%, he described those that are very wealthy AND want to be more wealthy and ANY cost. And if you look at the past, the cost has been paid by many other Americans. For example: moving business overseas for higher profit. One of the subjects covered in the interview.

Besides, when I think of the 1%, I think of Billions and Trillions.
Michael Moore may be rich, but he is intent on giving back, so there is growth for all, that's the philosophy he is preaching, IMO.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I've changed my mind about Micheal Moore recently, I actually think he is a critical part of bringing this whole thing down. His success epitomizes the greed in our system. Basically the reason he still gets investors for his movies isn't because he only states watered down half truths, its because those investors know they can make a buck, and that is all, they don't care that they may be destroying the whole system that gets them wealthy in the first place. They are willing to shoot themselves in the foot for quick short term gain. The beast gets so damn greedy it starts gnawing on its own legs. Considering the size of the beast and its power, we need to turn it in upon itself. Making truthful docos profitable for investors is just this. I know paying for docus is frowned against by many here who believe truth should always be free, but I think Moore has shown us how we can use their greed against them. We have a big enemy, so we need to play smart.

edit on 26-10-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

+41 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Another sad attempt to knock down OWS.

What is your real beef with it?

The 1% Occupy is referring to are the small majority of super elite that control the banks and other major corporations.

With all the different threads you have popped in to, you probably already know this, but it sure is fun to keep throwing blows eh?

The day Michael Moore gets a government bailout, after almost going bankrupt due to illegal business practices, then gives himself a $500,000 bonus with the bailout money will be the day he is part of the 1%

Peace
DC

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx
Another sad attempt to knock down OWS.

What is your real beef with it?

The 1% Occupy is referring to are the small majority of super elite that control the banks and other major corporations.

With all the different threads you have popped in to, you probably already know this, but it sure is fun to keep throwing blows eh?

The day Michael Moore gets a government bailout, after almost going bankrupt due to illegal business practices, then gives himself a $500,000 bonus with the bailout money will be the day he is part of the 1%

Peace
DC

quote this for truth, Seriously, while i agree everyone has free speech, there is a such thing as 'trying too hard'.
No offence, sure you're a great guy and all. Grasping at straws.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If Moore wasn't a Democrat, this thread wouldn't have been started.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

If OWS wasn't ultra left wing this thread would have never been started.

Hey people they are hundred's of Happy Happy Feel Good OWS Thread's on this website.

This ain't one of them.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
People these days don't even know how much the 1% even have. They are the people that are worth at least 100 billion just to be in the 1%, but this does not give you ACCESS to the top 13 people who really rule the world and have access to over 86 trillion dollars and climbing. People have no idea how much these filthy rich have access too. Michael moore does not qualify in the 1%, unless he has a cool 100 billion stashed away somewhere.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Wasn't he the same film maker who blamed capitalism...

For the wreckage in Detroit caused by the labor Unions?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hi neo...I watched this last night and no, Moore was not clear at all on what "well" really means. He alluded to the fact that he's not as rich as the guy who made the movie Avatar so just by comparing himself to that level sure means he's well above me, a real working middle class citizen. I took that interview for what it was, Michael Moore-style almost like another one of his documentaries/movies.
edit on 26-10-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I've personally never liked Mr. Moore, but I will agree with the others that he is not the 1%.

Yes, He is in the business to earn money, gain popularity, and cause ripples. However, He is not affiliated with big banks, the fed, nor does he try to coddle up to big business. He states his opinion, and that makes him unpopular in many circles. He's controversy, and that's the way he likes it. It earns him money. Eh?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I like a lot of things Michael Moore has said. I also dislike many things. The swing between the two is so big that it makes me distrust him. He might say he was joking or didn't mean it "that way" but I know what I heard. There's something about him that seems disingenuous overall. I suspect he's just a clever guy who knows a good thing when he sees it. I've heard he's rude and obnoxious to his own fans and his bodyguards routinely handle people poorly. That should say a lot about him.

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by NightGypsy

If OWS wasn't ultra left wing this thread would have never been started.
Hey people they are hundred's of Happy Happy Feel Good OWS Thread's on this website.
This ain't one of them.

Is it 'ultra left wing' to take offence at the fact that the ultra-rich are screwing everybody else? Why is it that the right insists on enabling those who are taking their country down the toilet for their own gain? You have these teabaggers and such threatening violent action against the government...but when others find their cojones and protest against the institutional screwing being applied to them...well, that's 'ultra left'.

Schmucks.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Don't lets forget

Michael GIVE ME Moore who is screaming
about greedy capitalist, greedy wallstreet, greedy bankers,
and greedy rich people.

Was so greedy himself after making millions upon millions
to sue for a few more millions to go towards
his double chocolate dipped cheese hamburger fetish..

Michael Moore Sues Harvey Weinstein for millions
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The guy is a hypocritical twit who is using all this to bolster his pocket with MONEY!!

Laughing all the way to the bank
edit on 26-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yea Micheal Moore isn't part of the 1%.

Neither is Nancy Pelosi.
Neither is Al Gore.
Neither is Barack Obama.
Neither is George Soros.
Neither is GE.

I always thought the 1% are the people who own vast amounts of American assets and have the political sway to bail themselves out and influence the government to pass laws for their profit.

I was wrong all along.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Don't lets forget
Michael Moore Sues Harvey Weinstein for millions
www.huffingtonpost.com...
The guy is a hypocritical twit who is using all this to bolster his pocket with MONEY!!
Laughing all the way to the bank

Doesn't matter how much dough you have...if you're getting screwed, why not take action? Like you wouldn't?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

He was not *getting screwed* HE ENTERED AN AGREEMENT
on how much money he was to be paid.

The movie did way better then he thought (because people eat this crap up)
and HE WENT BACK AND SUED FOR MOOOOORE

The name fits.

If the movie would of bombed guess who would of been on the hook
for it? Harvey Weinstein!!!
NOT MOORE!
edit on 26-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join