It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
By Truth I mean, what happens when we die, and what is the purpose of life.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Soul lives on? Happiness is only real when shared?
Let me know WHEN you find out!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

Death is an illusion but you will have to clarify Life. This thing you call Life or real Life, in Soulform?

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
First of all you authored another thread on truth entitled www.abovetopsecret.com...
So you have already made a thread on your take on truth. Are you really looking for "truth"?

No one has ever came back from the dead to testify in court about such a thing so the question is at best leaving out religion...unanswerable. If you want to know what truth is. You must understand life has no meaning at all unless we are able to find our purpose.
Look at the opposite of your question...
What is a Lie? once you define what is "not true" you will have your answer. Because only truth will remain.

I know your answer because I can tell you what a lie is.
You know the answer to.....don't you?
DH
edit on 26-10-2011 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
First of all you authored another thread on truth entitled www.abovetopsecret.com...
So you have already made a thread on your take on truth. Are you really looking for "truth"?

No one has ever came back from the dead to testify in court about such a thing so the question is at best leaving out religion...unanswerable. If you want to know what truth is. You must understand life has no meaning at all unless we are able to find our purpose.
Look at the opposite of your question...
What is a Lie? once you define what is "not true" you will have your answer. Because only truth will remain.

I know your answer because I can tell you what a lie is.
You know the answer to.....don't you?
DH
edit on 26-10-2011 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

Yes i am looking for the truth,
I do not know the answer, please explain if you will

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Its not that life is so short, but that death is so long.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

A lie is something that isn't true. This world is very real, we are very real, men look everywhere for answers to questions like you ask. The meaning of life? In and of ourselves there is no meaning if indeed this existence is all there is. The lie is telling ourselves that existing in this life is....all there is.
But We are more than that.
A man has a soul, and a spirit. There is more than just the here and now.
I have stood next to the bedside of many dying people, and every single one of them knew their death was not the end of their existence. the Lie is for those that believe there is nothing more.
the truth is the knowledge that life truly dues not stop. Only then will it have meaning.
If you believe nothing beyond this body dying what do you have to look forward to? Nothing. so there is no meaning to your existence. However if you are convinced life will not stop when the body stops you will have meaning in everything you do, it will even govern your daily interactions, and change the way you act around everyone you know. Only when you truly believe you are here for a greater purpose will you have any meaning to your life.
If you do not believe in anything beyond this life you will have no meaning to your life at all. Just a short stint on a wicked world and then you are gone and forgotten..
If you do believe in God, that there is a greater purpose and have that to look forward to, then your life will have a direction, giving it a meaning..Therein lies the truth. please forgive my typos i am getting a little tired
DH

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
..said Pilate, almost rhetorically, as he washed his hands nervously in a bowl of water.

edit on 26-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: spelled Pilate, Pilot. Doh!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
it can't be spoken of, but we all know what it is, in our heart of hearts, it's something we can't explain. It just IS the truth!

It's the smile on your face and mine, we all KNOW.

But please, for God's sake don't mention it, and don't dare us someone ELSE what it is either, because only you know what it is.

So I guess it's YOU then. You are the truth and the life and the reality.

God Bless! Or do I need your blessing?

NAM

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

"I am the resurrection and the life." (he said, and he actually meant it!)

But if "you are the truth and the life" what then does this say about YOU?

Who do you think you are, an "it"? The only "it" is everything there always was, is and will be, God has more in store, but what it is we cannot possibly know, only that it makes sense that if we're already included and meant to be in sympathetic communion with a universal spirit of love, life, and truth, that there is more to share, both in this life and in eternity, from life to life. It's certain not to be boring and certain to be fun, and more fun even than now, but we're already creating that future FOR ourselves, this is in part the purpose of life, to evolve, and to allow ourselves to evolve, in this case not "morphogenically", but spiritually, and that spiritual reality, however firghtening, is always and instantaneously available, and we are not alone, we're in it together, and so as corny as this sounds, I love ya bro. We are that love which never dies didn't you know? That's who we really are, at core, while each having a unique personal spiritual experience and meaning, and improving upon our character, through our love of God and neighbor as self. It's hard work! Many of us come out of rather disfunctional family histories, and yes some of the stories are absolutely heartbreaking, but in the end - hey here we are, still alive, and it didn't kill us. Therefore how much more of our prior self, held in the self imprisonment of isolation via subjective reality filters, would we be willing to offer up, in the face of an actual opportunity to live into heaven now, based on nothing more than our present moment and moment to moment felt experience and self remembrance, and forgetfullness in service to others, for the sake of love.

So the only thing I can say is this, then.

Fake it until you make it. It's there, waiting for you.

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

You, at core, never die, when you innermost hearts desire is to serve the very best of the best, the best in yourself, and in others, and to serve the divine will to love, by loving and somehow forgiving all, (beginning with those in our own dysfuntional families of origin) which the whole universe already is, as a type of cosmic background intelligence (one song, unity in diversity) simply waiting for us, to finally catch up to. This promise is your inheritance and birthright, from the time before time. So however crippled you may be, stand up, and walk right into the kingdom of heaven and help bring it to earth, how's that for "getting up to something big"?

It's kinda scary I guess (said like a little kid) but not really when you come to think of it, since the other dying involves dying away from life, already into death, and that, as we've finally come to realize, just simply isn't fun any more. Thus one among us, went before us, and became that for us, in whatever form it matters not, there was a victory there, because the truth and justice was upheld, and so that we can laugh and love again, and at long last play as children under the stars.

I'll be that (with tears), but I need you to join me. That's it, that's all we need to DO THIS! Bring it into being, thy will be DONE on earth as it is in heaven. It's just a state of being, and a natural one and one which cannot be an imposition upon the mind of man and so there's peace there, fun, creativity, joy, happiness, helpfulness, EVERYTHING that is worthwhile in this life.

I hold the door, look!

Hello my name's Rob and I'm your doorman in the name and spirit of the person of Jesus Christ, here I am saying, it's all clear - you can go in now!

God loves us, me, us, we, already, and already everything that always was, is and ever will be, is ours, not for the taking, but only in receiving, because there was only one among us with the power and the authority to give the gift, it's been DONE. The Great Work of All Ages has already been completed. Take this out of the stained glass church, and open the bottle, it cannot be contained! The very hills are alive with this thing, just like when we were kids.

You know it already, it's already there, the whole thing my young brother. So as he said, be of good cheer, and do not let your heart be troubled, for it pleased the father (spirit and truth and love) to share his eternal kingdom with ALL his children, maybe even especially here of all places, here on earth.

So in sympathetic harmonious understanding, we then are also baptised (for those who will) into the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the free gift of eternal life willingly recieved, but in this case also "grokked" most fully, as a type of food, the word that can satisfy, and the spirit which resurrects! Truth and life.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

The truth as I see/feel it is we are all in actuality Nothing choosing to imagine being Something. Thus the meaning of life is to create the meaning for yourself... and when we die we have the option to explore a different meaning, or go deeper, or be Nothing for an infinite timeless Moment before off exploring the infinite possibility that Nothingness contains.

Namaste!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

What you really are was never born and will never die. It is eternal.
There is no purpose to 'life'.
It just is.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
truth and lies are relative to perspective.maybe you just are in the present for ever.thought preceeds action

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

...that we know nothing.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The truth is what it is. Truth is what you observe and experience without preconceptions and expectancies.

The greater truth is known when you see that there is unity. In that unity, there is no right or wrong, everything just is.

top topics

join