It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The disinfo crew make me more intrested any one else

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Is it just me or do the shills or whatever you want to call them you know them the pics or it diddnt hapen crew when they pop up with there generic cow poop makes me think y are thease people taking time to disproov what everyone says gets me thinking why?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Often the "pics or it didn't happen" types are often just you and me being humorous. The real shills and dis-info agents usually just swear blindly that something isn't true even when much evidence flies in the face of such statements. Sometimes a small step back from the discussion reveals much...
I can be sarcastic, humorous, caustic or raging, I will never knowingly tell a lie though.

"Every time you tell a lie, a little piece of the world dies." I am not sure where it comes from, but it is etched into my soul.

To be fair though I am also reminded of this rather crude saying or proverb."Opinions are like arseholes. We all have one." That is also very true.

PS Note to mods, arseholes could mean the body part or the person but is the British version of asshole. Perhaps an update to the profanity filter is needed? Or is that word even in US parlance not forbidden here? Test test...
edit on 26/10/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a PS

PPS *Test completed, scratches head.* Time for sleep I guess
edit on 26/10/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a PPS

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Yeah...makes me wonder.
I figure either they have a deepseated urge to disprove everyone or they are one of those people that Glenn Beck says gets paid by the Obama Administration. Hmmm.....wonder how much that pays and if it's enough that I could quit my job.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I don't think the majority of people are shills or agents
they are just extremely skeptical and get a neural chemical rush from proving some one wrong.

Disinformation in it's truest form is mixing real information with false information then releasing the story
to deceive, mislead, or confuse.
In those regards I feel the mainstream media are the masters of disinformation.

Just because some one disagrees or is skeptical does not make them a shill or dis-info agent.
A healthy balance of skepticism is necessary while discussing a majority of the topics here on ATS.
Without the skeptics ATS would become a place where TROLLS, egomaniacs, and charlatans could dupe the gullible.

Though I admit taking skepticism to the extreme is also undesirable
I feel a healthy balance must be found and ATS does a pretty good job at that.

edit on 26-10-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

good shout the pics didnt hapen was a bad exaple,i realy mean people like phage and his extreme debunking of any thing space or sky related

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

btw,im not just singling out phage

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Phage does know one helluva lot about many space type things though and despite how he gets bashed here, he does not lie as far as I can see and backs his points up quite well. He adds much to the discussion. Regardless of all all else, he does seem to put a lot of time into this site and that does have to be respected I think.

Disclaimer: I am not a NASA fan either but that is just my personal opinion.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hold on now. Anybody can come onto this website and make any claims they want without a shred of proof or evidence. In fact, they do it all the time.

But some of us do not simply believe a complete stranger on blind faith. Some of us require a little proof to make the story at least plausible.

I could start a thread right now labelled "I JUST SAW A UFO!!! OMG WTF!!!! LOLZ!!!!!"

with a text that reads "It was big and triangular and freaking a amazing. I creamed in my pants! You should have been there! There were flashing lights! My butt kind of hurts. I was probably abducted! Wow!!!"

But there isn't any proof. It's just a baseless claim.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123

btw,im not just singling out phage

Sure, some people are just more prominent that others in certain threads and space and related subjects are his forte. He brings a lot to the table though and there are many of such calibre here. This is a good site to debate things. It can get heated but then thats "politics" Have fun.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My biggest pet peeve is when some one has posted an outrageous
claim and one or several posters have called them out on it and proved that the poster is lying or a fraud.
Yet other posters will ignore this and continue to indulge the ego of the poster of outrageous material.
I have seen this happen numerous times.
It makes me feel that these people lack the critical thinking part of their brain because their desire to believe the unbelievable is so strong that they will ignore the evidence presented by other posters that have completely dismantled the original claim.

It's seems unfortunate because it shows me that some people will cling to beliefs despite evidence to the contrary and that they could be very susceptible to con artists and frauds who want to take them for a ride.

edit on 26-10-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

they are just extremely skeptical and get a neural chemical rush from proving some one wrong.

I admit, I get a rush
no sense in lying - definitely one reason to be here - Star for you!

Originally posted by ELahrairah
It makes me feel that these people lack the critical thinking part of their brain because their desire to believe the unbelievable is so strong that they will ignore the evidence presented by other posters that have completely dismantled the original claim.

Sadly.... its because they only read the OP and no other posts at all....
My biggest pet peeve is when they don't bother to even read the OP - they come in and quick respond just to the title. Definitely one reason to leave here.

top topics

join