It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't any occupy movement mentioning the patriot act.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I was just wondering, why none of the movements have asked for a removal of the patriot act.

I understand the message is already convoluted.

The patriot act is a very big deal, and I would think that it would be almost as important as some of their other issues, and more important than others.

Do alot of people support the patriot act?
I could not understand how, personally, but that is just my opinion.

As for facts of what the patriot act is...

Patriot act

debates on the subject

Do we still need the patriot act

Patriot act still in effect

Maybe everyone just forgot about it....?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Because the medias are making sure we only get made up stories of the evil ways of the OWS movement

2nd line

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

It's an issue that could scrub support from certain people. They're going after things that everyone can support.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The only problem I have with that, is alot of there demands aren't exactly what the masses want.

The main points are mostly right though, and the passion.

I do understand what you are saying, it could be viewed as a negative upon them.
Although if keeping support is more important that bringing up real issues, then all is lost already.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It's a good question that may elude simple answers. Or maybe it really is--as noted above--because it would cloud the issue.

But I'll tell you this: As soon as OWS and the Tea Party kiss and make-up, make a few simple but direct demands: THAT'S when I'm jumpin' on board and getting my chant on.

Party lines are screwing everything up. We can ALL agree on a few things and together we could make 'em stick.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
My thinking is that it's because The Patriot Act is a symptom of the true disease; Corruption.

new topics

top topics

join