It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United 1 Manchester City 6. Was this the game which permanently changed the Premier Leagu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
While the scoreline may have been a little bit flattering towards City, their domination of the game, and the quality and depth of their squad, was not only highlighted on Sunday, but fully substantiated tonight in the League Cup game against Wolves.

Over the years, people have suggested that there will be a ''changing of the guard''.

Arsenal's wins in 1998, 2001 and 2004, were readily heralded as the start of a dynasty; a dynasty which never materialised.

Chelsea's brief glory - under Mourinho - was also not enough to knock United off their perch.

Now, though, Manchester City have a squad full of world-class players. Man for man, City players would fill 9 out of the 11 places in a hypothetical ''Manchester XI''.

The landscape of English football is changing rapidly, and people will now just have to get used to Man City dominating the domestic game for the foreseeable future.

edit on 26-10-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

No, it's what happens when Jonny Evans decides to be a twat and drag down Balotelli and get a red card. Also not having Vidic hurts too.

But, Man City have a very strong team and have the potential, definitely, to win the EPL.
edit on 26-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
No offense, but if you seriously think there's been a "Power shift" in Manchester/The EPL, then you don't know much about football. You've already stated the fact that United have seen challengers to their domination of the modern game in the past, and what has happened there? This is nothing like Liverpool of the 70's and 80's being "Knocked off their perch". Football is on an entire different level than that of the past. i.e since the end of the 80's and the start of the Premier League, in English Football. The amount of quality players, the amount of foreign talent, the size of the squads(And with that, rotation), the Finances, the amount of games etc, all add up to make a game, which imo, is 4 or 5 times harder to win.
This is why banging on about "History", is just a way for all the pathetic, mind controlled, tribal natured "Fans" to save face, when their "Team"(Tribe. Which they watch in a Colosseum style, arena. It's Bread and Circus' for "The Mob") can't win trophies in the modern era.

The game on Sunday was one, yes, ONE game. There is 29 more games to play.
Man City have had the easiest run of games out of the "Top Four"/Better teams in the country.
They've also got a particularly difficult period coming up, with games away to Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal at home.

I'm not trying to take anything away from their win, that was deserved and by a greater margin than ever expected by anybody who predicted an away win. The thing that you, and everyone else has seemed to forget, is that for half an hour, they were dominated, as per usual. They get one goal against the run of play, then it evened out a bit. The game was more than winnable, especially by United's standards.
Then came the second half. The red card decision was merited, and obviously changed the game, but to loose by that scoreline, was only because United completely switched off at the back lol. It was some of the craziest play I have ever seen. Manchester United know no other way but to play attacking football, even when they should know they're beaten and just shut up shop, so to speak, and call it a day.

At 3 - 1, after that beautiful goal, by Fletcher of all people, they were always gunna go for it. You have to admire that about them. The thing is, and this is the point that everyone is missing, ESPECIALLY the most delusional person I have heard speak, Mike Summerbee, it was a freak result. 3 - 1 would have been about right, even tho United's play in the first half, deserved to make up that score line.

City don't have the experience that United have. They would no way near have 9 0ut of 11 players in a Manchester XI lol, that alone makes my point. Kompany, Silva, Toure YaYa, Aguero and Nasri, yes, but not the others lol. What everyone doesn't seem to understand, is that if City don't win at least "The Double" this year, then they're gunna have hardly any money to spend. The fair play rules are coming in . United have over 330 mill, going on 400 mill, with only 450 mill debts(Which weren't the clubs, but were put on it's shoulder by the acquisition of the club by the Glazer family), which will be gone by the time the Glazers have sold off 25& of the club. City have oly got 150 mill, ish, in revenues, with a wage bill to match lol.
This means no players, unless they can bring in some big revenue, through trophy wins/endorsements. Without cleaning house in this years football season, City won't attract the world wide fan base/commercial sponsorship that comes with it.
Think about it....no one knows who they are...pretty much lol...who would sponsor that?

Also, let's not forget the fact that, as soon as Real/Barca want a new Striker/Playmaker, do any of you MS Sport media-Band wagon riders think the likes of Silva/Nasri/Aguero will stay?
Yeah, they can bring in new players with that, adjust their budget, but United have been an established club for a long, long time and have stability, something Manchester City will never have under owners like theirs. Does anyone out there believe their manager will be around very long, as soon as he comes under a bit of heat, with a bad run of games?
This, is also something that's inevitable. Unless they have a one off season, like Arsenal's "Invincibles". But, how many times have they won since? I think that speaks for itself lol.

Amazing win by Manchester City tho. Even against ten men!

Tbh, I'm thinking hard about getting out of the game....I can't stand all the mind control aspect to it...the tribal nature. If anyone wants to know what I'm talking about, then just listen to Alan Watt talk about sports.
edit on 26-10-2011 by TheUnusualSuspect because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Just finished watching the Carling Cup highlights, where Man City went on another goal rout..smashing 5 past Wolves..This was with 7-8 changes to the starting XI.

Seems as though Man City have a killer overall squad, with a lot of quality on the bench & even international players in their reserves!

Even for all the billions & billions they have in cash, they also have a good developing youth academy, & are apparently investing in brand new training grounds.

But as strong as Man City have become, I think I'm not the only one who was surprised to seem them thrash Utd by putting 6 past them (regardless of the sending off).

Man Utd's initial strong start to the season was down to the attack & creativity that Tom Cleverely (before he got injured) brought to a very weak midfield..it looks even weaker when you compare them to the Utd midfields of past.
Harsh truth is that players like Carrick, Fletcher and ANDERSON (one of the #tist players I have ever seen in my life), aren't good enough for a team like Utd..& would be boot-cleaners for Man City's super squad.

Before the season started, I thought Utd would do what they do best; turn race into the lead & leave every other team trailing. Now, I'm not so confident they'll retain the title..especially if they don't address the weak midfield they have.

One things for sure, the "noisy neighbours", with their big-bucks are here to stay.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
By the way, I still think Utd will win the league, as they normally step up a gear in the second half of the season..but things have changed, coz for the first time ever, it'll be City pushing the all the way to the end.

Once Utd get their act together (and get rid of a few of the weak links frm the starting line-up), they should take back top spot.

It's gonna be an interesting season, & I wonder what'll happen cone January transfer window opens & what the league table looks like.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Man City need to keep them all happy, and if Platini bring in the wage and budget cap like he says he will then their money will not count for anything.

Apperently PSG are doing the same with an Oil baron owning them and splashing the cash.

UEFA dont like to think that clubs have more power than them so it will not last long, look at Chelsea now.

Plus, Man Utd have history, you cant buy that!! In ten years time if Man City half have the trophies of Man Utd i'll eat my football shirt

Yours,

A LEEDS UTD fan....MOT

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Man City dominating the domestic game for the foreseeable future.

That's what Chelsea thought when they spent millions in one summer and bought 2 teams of world class players.
Take a look a Real Madrid then take a look at Barcelona.

Football is football and every game is different. After the season if City win it, then they can say they got a big title after so many years. Then think about trying to win 20 premierships whilst bringing players from the academy to the first team.

Once that happens, then you can say it's changing.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join