It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan filmmaker offers photo as proof of aliens, says Hawking agrees

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is a post continuing the news about a new Mecixan documentary talking about the Mayan calendar and it's relationship to 2012. According to the article, they offer photographic proof of an alien visitation (although it actually shows a large human bust, it really does not show anything groundbreaking). They date the bust to about 3000 - 5000 BC and claim that it does not have any features normally found on any of the native inhabitants of the region. The mention of Hawking is (to me) laughable because it appears that they really do not have anything but a rephrase of something he stated previously. What do you guys think?

Mayan filmakers offers photo as proof of aliens, says Hawking agrees

-saige-

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I definitely do not agree with that

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by saige45

I'm looking forward to seeing what they will be presenting as proof. I've seen that image of the head a while back and included it in a video I made about "Ancient Man" for one of my threads.

I wish they'd release their presentation sooner rather than 2012. I guess all the hype and potential profits are just too much for some to ignore.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Can I see that pic? Link?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by saige45
This is a post continuing the news about a new Mecixan documentary talking about the Mayan calendar and it's relationship to 2012. According to the article, they offer photographic proof of an alien visitation (although it actually shows a large human bust, it really does not show anything groundbreaking). They date the bust to about 3000 - 5000 BC and claim that it does not have any features normally found on any of the native inhabitants of the region. The mention of Hawking is (to me) laughable because it appears that they really do not have anything but a rephrase of something he stated previously. What do you guys think?

Mayan filmakers offers photo as proof of aliens, says Hawking agrees

-saige-

Hmmm yes ok. But the problem is that burried under all this 2012 crap is the reality that the people who translated the calender do not state at any time that anything will happen other than the ending of the calender yet there has been a million dollar industry built up around the the calender and the end of the world and blah blah blah by the enemies of reason.
edit on 26-10-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

It looks like a trashy fibber glass Sculpture in Some rednecks back yard.
I'm sorry it was the car in the weeds that made me see it that way.

Anyway even if it is a legitimate artifact it still does not look extraterrestrial

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
why do people always point to piles of rock as evidence of aliens?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I wish they'd release their presentation sooner rather than 2012. I guess all the hype and potential profits are just too much for some to ignore.

His movie, by the way, has yet to begin shooting. Principal photography is scheduled to begin in Mexico and Guatemala in mid-November.

Maybe why they can't release it sooner?
edit on 26-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Because they aren't just 'piles of rocks'.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I really don't get how the picture of a bust/statue is photographic proof of aliens?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah

It looks like a trashy fibber glass Sculpture in Some rednecks back yard.
I'm sorry it was the car in the weeds that made me see it that way.

Anyway even if it is a legitimate artifact it still does not look extraterrestrial

Because you know what "extraterrestrial" looks like right?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Well if the statue was the criteria
Then I would say they look like humans looking up at the sky.
I never discounted the validity of the statue I was just making a joke to lighten the mood.
If it is Mayan then it looks like a Mayan carving of a person looking up at the stars.
perhaps if it looked less human I might feel that it is a depiction of an ET but then again
it just might be a depiction of Mythological being.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Of an ET???

It does say in the bible, Genesis 1:26:

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

You see the plural?

You see the mentions of image and likeness?

It has to be considered that they look like us.

Mythological being = Extraterrestrial.
edit on 26-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Separating ET from a real historically known and now confirmed destroyed artifact is hard considering this source. I was more interested in what "Evidence" they are going to release. Chances are it could be some previously unknown discoveries.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

That is what I am hoping for too. Something new.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
reply to post by Ahmose

Well if the statue was the criteria
Then I would say they look like humans looking up at the sky.
I never discounted the validity of the statue I was just making a joke to lighten the mood.
If it is Mayan then it looks like a Mayan carving of a person looking up at the stars.
perhaps if it looked less human I might feel that it is a depiction of an ET but then again
it just might be a depiction of Mythological being.

Well if we go by many peoples accounts/experiences..
it is said that many "aliens" look just like us humans. With only minor differences in features.
and if I were going to carve a statue of my people looking at the stars... I would probably make it look like my people! Not make it look like people who are nowhere to be found amongst us.

and yes, it might be a "mythological being". I don't disagree.

But going on everything Ive read and learned over the years..
I would not doubt, or be surprised if it actually was their depiction of a "star being". lol

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Let's dig a little deeper into the story,shall we?

He said the country was working with filmmakers "for the good of mankind." Raul-Julia claims that the order to cooperate came directly from the country's president, Alvaro Colom Caballero. Guatemala is the site of a large number of pre-Columbian Mayan settlements in the Mirador Basin, including the extensive and highly organized city of El Mirador (detail, left; exterior on previous page). In a curious aspect of the new announcement: Guatemalan minister Quezada is quoted as referring to “'Mirador,' the largest pyramid in the world."

But Mirador is not the name of a pyramid. It's the name of the entire settlement, which includes several pyramids, the largest of which is La Danta -- a fact one would expect the Guatemalan minister to know. "Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond" begins shooting on Nov. 15 and is due for a theatrical release in late 2012, before the end of the Mayan calendar. While doomsday scenarios focus on the calendar ending on Dec. 21, 2012, many scholars point out that it simply resets for another 5,126-year cycle on that date.

www.thewrap.com...,1

Dr. Richard D. Hansen, an archaeologist from Idaho State University, is the current director of the Mirador Basin Project, and according to his discoveries here, he thinks that the more than 45 mapped sites in the Mirador Basin may have formed the earliest well-defined political state in Mesoamerica. Although containing striking examples of Preclassic Maya civilization, the remote location of El Mirador has prevented it from becoming a popular tourist site. Major plans by the current government of Guatemala are including El Mirador as an important center of the Cuatro Balam Conservation and Development project.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds to me like the government is cashing in on this 2012 hype to me.

edit on 26-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There was just something about this story that rang true to me. Last year when Stephen Hawking just busted out with his thoughts and fears about extra-terrestrial contact I felt that some people really high up spoke to him and told him what was up in order to get his opinion. Well I'm definitely this story's Huckleberry and I'll be following this thread despite having been so excited I started one myself.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join