It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China seeks military bases in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Earlier this year, Pakistan asked China " to build a naval base at a deep-sea port in southwestern Baluchistan province. "

Since then many events have been transforming between Pakistan and Chinese Al-Qaeda cells.

There have been three high-profile visits from Pakistan to China in recent months; the first by Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar; the second by President Asif Ali Zardari and the third by the director general of the Inter-Services Intelligence, Lieutenant General Ahmed Shuja Pasha.

On July 30 and 31 in Kashgar City of Xinjiang province two deadly bomb blasts killed 18 people.

Source

The explosions provoked senior government officials in Xinjiang to publicly claim for the first time in recent years that the attackers had been trained in explosives in ETIM/TIP camps run by Chinese separatists in the Waziristan tribal regions of Pakistan.

The Chinese allegation was described by many in the diplomatic circles of Islamabad as a clear sign of the growing impatience of Beijing with Islamabad's failure to control radical groups operating within its borders.

Here is another source to verify China's admission that the attackers had been trained by Chinese separatists in the Waziristan tribal regions of Pakistan.

Source

As China accuses separatists trained in Pakistani terror camps of being behind the recent bomb blasts in Xinjiang province, Islamabad comes under mounting pressure, throwing serious question marks over its relationship with China, reports Amir Mir from Islamabad.

Also a map of the area can be seen at the source right below:
Source

(Alternative source)
Source

Definitions

Eest Turkestan Islamic Movement

Chinese Separatists

Federally administered tribal areas

Federally administered Northern areas

edit on 26-10-2011 by Daedal because: Added source

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I don't think it's that big of a deal.
The US has military bases ALL over the world.
More power to China! Just stay away from the US.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
They probably just want to keep a close eye on their investment. You'll probably start seeing China pop up bases near US all over the world, over the next 38 years or so.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MentalGiant

Why 38 years?
2050?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Just messin' with ya!?

I just made the whole thing up. Or did I?

LOL...Weird how it added up to 2050. I just randomly choose 38...Coincidence? or not?
edit on 26-10-2011 by MentalGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentalGiant
reply to post by GmoS719

Just messin' with ya!?

I just made the whole thing up. Or did I?

I know where you live.
Orange Beach.
Watch it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Go here now!
www.maplandia.com...

There may/may not be a base there one day/soon.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentalGiant
reply to post by GmoS719

Go here now!
www.maplandia.com...

There may/may not be a base there one day/soon.

Possibly, I hope not.
That's too close for comfort.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I believe that the terror cells which are described in the above OP are the Haqqani network, which are made-up of Chinese militants and other nations operating in Pakistan across boarder operations.

Source

The United States is close to deciding on whether to label the Pakistan-based Haqqani network as a foreign terrorist group, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Wednesday amid calls for a tougher stance on militants accused of series of high-profile attacks.

“We are in the final, formal review that has to be undertaken to make a government-wide decision to designate the network as a foreign terrorist organisation,” Clinton told reporters in an appearance with Egypt’s visiting foreign minister.

(Alternative source)
Source

So the question remains that if the U.S. designates the Haqqani network as a terrorist network will this drive a coming war with China.

This is pretty interesting too considering the claim of Hillary Clinton " those that do not wish to cooperate to make Afghanistan a peaceful and secured land will suffer consequences as tough measures would be taken against them. "

Source

United States State Secretary Hillary Clinton on Friday announced that her country has already had a first round of negotiations with the Haqqani network, the group of militants Washington blames for the attack on the US embassy in Kabul in September. The announcement comes a day after the US State Secretary warned that the Afghan and Pakistani insurgents that do not wish to cooperate to make Afghanistan a peaceful and secured land will suffer consequences as tough measures would be taken against them.

Kinda looks like the roads leading into China...

edit on 26-10-2011 by Daedal because: Spelling

edit on 26-10-2011 by Daedal because: Spelling

top topics

join