It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marine in critical condition after OccupyOakland

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Is there any updates on the condition of this marine? Has the Officer in question been suspended, or put on administrative leave. Is there an investigation been launched?

No one will be suspended. The crowd was warned and they refused to disperse. It really is that simple, whether you like it or not.

Actually, the Oakland PD has launched an investigation. It may not actually be this way, but they say that they are going to treat this as if it was an officer murder.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

Just because you oppose to every war there is, doesn't give you the right to discredit all personnel serving and having served war in one way or another. Armed Forces do what they are told, they don't follow orders they get discharged and they are out of a job. When was the last time you served your country?

Oh, please....stop with that nonsense!

If "serve my country" means to go to another country and kill people so that the war profiteers make bank, then NO THANKS. I never said all wars were unnecessary, but the ones in the past decade sure have been. Trying to make me feel guilty for not offering myself up to war-mongers in the name of the U.S. is an EXERCISE in FUTILITY on your part.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

that they are going to treat this as if it was an officer murder.

What? "Treat is as if it was an officer murder?" What the hell is that supposed to mean?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Did you not see the other vids that were posted several times in here of a group of protestors running up to get the man help and remove him and being fired upon again? Thats low, the cops were in no danger. The people were just trying to remove a severely injured man no need to fire upon them. They were unarmed!! If I misunderstood you then my apology.

No, I did not see those vids, ker. I saw the vids leading up to the man getting hit.

If the police saw the crowd moving to help an injured man, then I agree that they should not have fired on the crowd at that point. But who knows what vantage point the officer had who fired on them. I wouldn't want to simply assume that he purposely fired into a crowd tending to an injured man unless there is evidence to support this. Then again, that is a whole different topic. My posts have been strictly about the marine getting hit.

Do not apologize for anything, it is a very controversial subject. I respect your views.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Does anyone know how he is?

I, for one, really, really don't want to see him die. He's just starting out in life.
It's a crock that he was even injured.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I wish that I could give you 100 stars for that, my brother. It just seems that some people can not comprehend just how far the police have gone outside of their original charters. they are supposed to be here to protect and serve the people, not the governments.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

reply to post by gamesmaster63

that they are going to treat this as if it was an officer murder.

What? "Treat is as if it was an officer murder?" What the hell is that supposed to mean?

As if an officer had been murdered, but they have since backpedaled and said it will be a Level 1 investigation (i.e., unnecessary use of deadly force).

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

One of the vids clearly show the officer stepping up from the back of the police line, tossing in the flash-bang, and then stepping back.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Just because you oppose to every war there is, doesn't give you the right to discredit all personnel serving and having served war in one way or another. Armed Forces do what they are told, they don't follow orders they get discharged and they are out of a job. When was the last time you served your country?

Oh, please....stop with that nonsense!

If "serve my country" means to go to another country and kill people so that the war profiteers make bank, then NO THANKS. I never said all wars were unnecessary, but the ones in the past decade sure have been. Trying to make me feel guilty for not offering myself up to war-mongers in the name of the U.S. is an EXERCISE in FUTILITY on your part.

I have great respect for all the military guys. My father served, my son wants to as well. But I agree with this a 100% The last few wars we have gotten into was not about freedom.
edit on 27-10-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

I have great respect for all the military guys. My father served, my son wants to as well. But I agree with this a 100% The last few wars we have gotten into was not about freedom.

I know, it's not a pleasant fact to have to accept,.

I love your avatar.....lol

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
If this Marine dies, I'm fairly certain that WILL be the straw that breaks the camels back.

On a side note, can you imagine what things would be like if the OWS protesters brought their guns to the protests like the tea baggers did? Would we have seen this same kind of response from the police? Or would we have seen the same "tolerance" given to the tea baggers packing heat?
edit on 26-10-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

I seriously doubt it. No doubt these cops deserve some of thier own medicine but Americans have become soft and just keep on tolerating this sort of thing and will continue for a long time to come. The OWS movement has already been classified as an exclusively leftist movement therefore the the divide and conquer tactic is alive and working well as thier fellow Americans write them off as misguided youth mostly

Americans will never rise up until the pain becomes great enough and to be honest I am not sure they will do it even then. Well I am sure a few will but most will most likely bow down and lick the boots of thier masters and turn their neighbors in and the few that do stand up will be crushed as an example because their countrymen would not stand with them.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Part of my military service was in the National Guard, so I have riot control training. I have fird tear gas canisters in training situations and we were taught to lob it in, not use it as a direct fire weapon.

The only way he could have sustained those injuries is if it was fired from close range at a very low angle.

TPTB have no idea how to contain this, they are in panic mode behind closed doors.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
This video sent shivers down my spine....

That clip there is absolutely horrible, it makes me angry, sad, horrified.....I'm at a loss for words... Why are the police doing this to its own people, they are here to protect us, not hurt us....

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by Itop1
This video sent shivers down my spine....

That clip there is absolutely horrible, it makes me angry, sad, horrified.....I'm at a loss for words... Why are the police doing this to its own people, they are here to protect us, not hurt us....

As a medic that video gave me chills, and turned my stomach.

Unfortunately this is the kind of thing that needs to happen to get people out of their fogs of apathy.

Put down the remote, put away the toys, and get to work.

I know I am.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
Part of my military service was in the National Guard, so I have riot control training. I have fird tear gas canisters in training situations and we were taught to lob it in, not use it as a direct fire weapon.

The only way he could have sustained those injuries is if it was fired from close range at a very low angle.

TPTB have no idea how to contain this, they are in panic mode behind closed doors.

They seem to be doing just fine as far as I can tell. When a small number of cops handle large crowds like this and pretty much do what ever they want with no consequences or reprisals I'd say they are pretty confident and not panicked at all.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
"Tell all fellow brave soldiers whom had fought for the nation, how we are treated now for voicing out in peace within our own land....."

edit on 27-10-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

They seem to be doing just fine as far as I can tell. When a small number of cops handle large crowds like this and pretty much do what ever they want with no consequences or reprisals I'd say they are pretty confident and not panicked at all.

I have to agree with you . Things will not change because the people will not stand united. Until you start seeing millions and millions shouting and cooperating in a organized manner nothing will happen. Look on the internet and see some of the comments condoning what this policeman done. Even on Facebook and Yahoo look at some of the comments its amazing the amount of people who think its all just fine and dandy. I don't know if it is msm brainwashing Americans or just a complete lack of apathy. It seems like some were raised to never question authority and anyone who does so is automatically at fault and deserves what they get.

The bankers/elites who own congress and have all our politicians on puppet strings are not worried. They know its way to easy to divide and conquer people due to their race, political affiliation, religion, income etc etc.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I feel bad for the U.S Marine who sustained injuries at the hands of police officers in Oakland. Maybe not FOR him, but mostly I feel bad because of what happened to him. I saw some short clips of these videos from Occupy Oakland on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Police officers are blindly firing canisters into already fogged and gassed locations.. how utterly irresponsible.. no one reasoned for one moment that one of these things can really kill somebody? And now a U.S Marine (no such thing as a former Marine) is in critical condition because some reckless officer blasted a canister at protestors. Granted he probably couldn't see where he was firing this thing.. but that's even more reason NOT to fire it! That would imply the area was already gassed, limiting vision severely of where he was firing this canister. Or he is completely reckless and didn't look or even care where he was firing this thing. Or he simply didn't care he was firing a large, deadly projectile at protestors and namely Marines, in such a fashion that would cause serious injury or death. I sincerely hope that if for absolutely nothing else, these protests teach our police departments and Men in Blue about responsibility, respect, restraint and proper methodologies in maintaining peace.. not beating innocent people, or in this case, nearly killing a U.S Marine.

My prayers go out this man and his family.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoSphere
I feel bad for the U.S Marine who sustained injuries at the hands of police officers in Oakland. Maybe not FOR him, but mostly I feel bad because of what happened to him. I saw some short clips of these videos from Occupy Oakland on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Police officers are blindly firing canisters into already fogged and gassed locations.. how utterly irresponsible.. no one reasoned for one moment that one of these things can really kill somebody? And now a U.S Marine (no such thing as a former Marine) is in critical condition because some reckless officer blasted a canister at protestors. Granted he probably couldn't see where he was firing this thing.. but that's even more reason NOT to fire it! That would imply the area was already gassed, limiting vision severely of where he was firing this canister. Or he is completely reckless and didn't look or even care where he was firing this thing. Or he simply didn't care he was firing a large, deadly projectile at protestors and namely Marines, in such a fashion that would cause serious injury or death. I sincerely hope that if for absolutely nothing else, these protests teach our police departments and Men in Blue about responsibility, respect, restraint and proper methodologies in maintaining peace.. not beating innocent people, or in this case, nearly killing a U.S Marine.

My prayers go out this man and his family.

Not likely the officers will probably get paid leave and after the investigation their actions will be deemed warranted.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Here's a pic taken before he got shot, Olsen and the sailor are standing directly in front of the police line. Olsen and the sailor are sandwiched between the main body of protesters and the police.
Given his position it looks to me like the police intentionally fired the gas canister directly at his face.
Here's a link with video that shows it all a little better, Olsen is at at 3:30 in the video.
Link:www.businessinsider.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join