It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marine in critical condition after OccupyOakland

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Reply to post by Xcathdra

On the other hand, our own founding fathers had tactics of their own as well, and were successful.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
If there are any military in the audience, what is your view on it?

I am absolutely appalled and disgusted by the behavior of members of many of our police forces. I have always been a supporter of the rule of law, but this is not law, this is vigilantism performed by people in uniform who are supposed to serve and protect the very people they are harming.

U.S. Armed Forces Oath of Enlistment

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

When I, and every last one of the active duty military and surviving veterans, joined the service we swore this oath. I have been a veteran for 18 years and I still choose to live by this oath, as do many of my brothers and sisters no longer in uniform.

This oath begins with supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; and bearing true faith and allegiance to the same. Obey orders comes after.

The civilians and veterans joining together in the Occupy Movement are exercising their rights as granted by that document. The police should be protecting and supporting these citizens in the exercise of their rights instead of harming them. Public property belongs to the public, the people, not to the city, county, state, or federal governments. If people chose to congregate as these protesters have done, then it is the duty of the city to ensure that they are allowed to do so, that proper sanitation is provided, and that basic services are provided for whatever number of people choose to be there.

Instances of police behavior like this are growing, and I believe that this will draw not only more veterans to join the protest, but it will eventually draw active duty members, even knowing that they will face disciplinary action for it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Sorry to post this twice but the whole incident can be seen here -

www.ktvu.com...

He is wearing a white T-Shirt near the top of the police line. He stood his ground longer than most, he can be seen clearly standing alone for a moment. I'm guessing that he is giving the police his thoughts on the proceedings. He then runs and is hit and falls. i'm guessing in retaliation for whatever happened while he was standing alone. Most likely this is also the reason for the flashbang in the crowd of would be rescuers.
edit on 27-10-2011 by HorizonMan because: spelling

edit on 27-10-2011 by HorizonMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
You are now!
This is a pivotal point in history my friend and anyone who takes a stand against this oppressive regime is most certainly military. You are a member of the people's military.Everyone who had been a part of this movement is a member.

People are fighting.
Fighting against oppression.
Fighting for freedom.

Which do you think has done more for restoring our freedoms?
The war on terror or these protests?

Who do you think is a more dangerous enemy?
Who do you fear more when you lay your head down at night?

The Taliban or

OUR GOVERNMENT?!?!?!

Well said, Screwed. Those of us that have spent time fighting for our freedoms before are the ones that understand best how few of them that we have left.

I have never felt fear of the outsider, as far as I am concerned, the Taliban or Al Quada have never been the ones to fear. The ones to fear have always been the ones who manipulate the people's fears in order to steal their freedoms. Our government has been doing it for decades, just never so blatantly as they do now.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
3rd or 4th image down, is that a dude praying?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I want to see these bastards hang more and more every day now.

I feel no pity for jackboot Nazi thug police. All those cops in riot gear participating in this are enemy of the people. This is about to become a war. Not because I want it to, but because they are pushing us to it.

Things are heating up, the cops have made their choice and picked their side. They can hang too.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Under international law you are not allowed to use chemical weapons and you see the police are using them al the time because those that write the laws are protecting themselves so unless people break the law then they can never win.

Doing nothing and playing by the rules will only allows the fascist state to gain more power and you can look back to recent history in Germany to learn that lesson.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Watch this one. People want to help the Guy lying injured on the Ground. What does the Police do? Throwing a Flashbank into the Crowd who are TRYING TO HELP THE GUY. WTF? (30 Second Mark)

This is coming from a very firmly set opponent of OWS. I don't support the methodology of the movement, however that video showed an absolutely disgraceful inhumane act. Get em while they're down? Very low.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Yeah, just like a bunch of strung out hippies with their peace necklaces did in the 60s (they were vicious animals, lemme tell ya) or the Civil Rights movement people did? Right?

Police using extreme force in the United States is a badge of honor that the protest is legitimate and has a chance of success at changing something. It has been that way for the past 100 years at least.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Do you want a real change, Americans?
Do you think a real change can be done WITHOUT violence and death?

Let me remind you some real changes, starting with YOUR OWN Revolutionary War and the Civil War.Did your fathers gain independence NON VIOLENTLY? Did they ABOLISH SLAVERY NON VIOLENTLY?
I guess your graveyards are full of non violent heroes that made you the great nation you WERE ONCE.
Did the France Revolution was NON VIOLENT?They installed the Republic with sit-ins and doing nothing?

And coming closer to our days, i guess with sit-ins those countries changed : Romania, Egypt, Tunisia and Lybia.

Take your head off your asses : if you want a change, get ready to die.If you dont want a change, keep the ''sit-ins'' and run like chickens when a tear gas explode near you.

As someone said : buy gas masks and bike helmets.

When the government is violent against their people, the people CAN and SHOULD use VIOLENCE to get rid of that government.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Recollector because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I've said it many times now and will again

america is one goose step away from nazi totalitarianism
in disguise !

just watch the police ( gestapo) get violent and beat you then send you of as enemies of the states
to some internment camp for work allocation !

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by outsidethesquare

So go out and protest with them, not what they are protesting, but protest for their right to protest and against how the cops act.

It's getting to be more than just about wall street it seems ( I support OWS in hopes the people will give equal attention to wall street and the government as they are partners in crime)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ill say this in Some Words of what this Reminds me of ! 3 things

KENT STATE University ! OHIO

Kent State shootings
en.wikipedia.org...

OHIO CSNY ( got audio back) - Kent State Massacre Montage

a Repeat !

Sunday Bloody Sunday !

Trailer for Bloody Sunday

Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2 (with lyrics)

if this get way out of Hand They will retaliate
This Time People Will Retaliate!

I would Feel The Militia will be Ready

another Protest that happened in my Area and they were forced and Pushed to the Limits
Then Their Militia Came The Mohawk Warriors !

Oka Crisis
en.wikipedia.org...

As a protest against a court decision to allow the golf course construction to proceed, some members of the Mohawk community erected a barricade blocking access to the area. Mayor Ouellette demanded compliance with the court order, but the protesters refused. Quebec's Minister for Native Affairs John Ciaccia wrote a letter of support for the natives, stating that "these people have seen their lands disappear without having been consulted or compensated, and that, in my opinion, is unfair and unjust, especially over a golf course

Before you ask if i was There I wasn't I was in the Service the Marines at the Time
I wasnt Told by my Own Family as they Knew it would Upset me .. Believe it or Not I found Out from a Buddy Marine that had a Soldier Of Fortune Magazine in the Barracks He had it Open up with a Warrior Flag and Warriors with AK47s and HKs and M16s in Front of it !

Oka Crisis 1990 part 3

edit on 27-10-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

All 3 Shows Government Military getting into Protesting

but with the Black Uniformed Police Looking like their Militant !
The ONLY Difference is ... One is State The Other is Federal ..

So what is Going to Happen Another Revolution like what Happened in the 60s
the Great Buildup to an Explosion !

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Expect anonymous to DOX this cop, if they haven't done so already. his name, address everything about him will be on the net. what a worthless human being, both the cop who shot him with the rubber bullet, and the coward who tossed a flash-bang into a crowd of people trying to help a fallen marine.

I think it's time for all of us to take the gloves off.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

Veterans fought a war, and now they're fighting one at home against people sworn to protect the people

Actually, I think you read this statement wrong. The way I read it, the "people sworn to protect the people" would be the police officers, and yes They are.

Thanks for the info!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If Cops want to Shoot Rubber Bullets and Tear Gas etc.. at Protesters

Let it be these People !

Westboro Baptist Church
en.wikipedia.org...

Inside the Westboro Baptist Church
www.life.com.../0

Sorry ATS I have Just watched a Move that is a Scary resemblance to the WBC

Red State

Kevin Smith Invites Westboro Baptist Church to Red State Screening
www.movieweb.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It looked like a dry run to me, they were practicing immediate action drills next time now that they have a mind for what to expect out of these protestors it should be rather easy to turn order to chaos, at that point in time to make a mass panic cameras will have even shadier footage with all the moving people and bright lights at night, and what better way to turn the other populace not protesting but live in surrounding areas another reason to allow the cops to do what is necassary in their opinion. Next time it will not be tear gas and rubber bullets I'm certain as a deterrant if they set up an ID check point instead it would make a a similar result, their are really dumb games they could play that would require less violence.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

That clip is insane. Surely that has to be a criminal offense right there. I can't understand how anyone can even remotely justify anything like that. Throwing a stun grenade or whatever they are, at people trying to help someone bleeding on the ground. What the hell is going on?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is sad. The US have been an example on civil rights for many countries and an inspiration for people everywhere. When I see Police and Government attacking its own citizens it's shameful. I hate the American Government, as I hate mine. This is proof that the country that most openly defends Liberty and Freedom is a Police State. What should people in other countries expect? We are being forced to fight.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
There is an entire division of Marines (around 100,000) about eight hours' drive from Oakland. The police may soon find out why the Nazis gave the US Marines the pseudonym "devil dogs."

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join