It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Church Of Scientology Investigated 'South Park' Creators Matt Stone, Trey Parker"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
*I did a search for this...apologies if I missed a duplicate post*

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Marty Rathbun, a former Church of Scientology executive-turned-critic and independent worshipper, revealed to the Village Voice a number of documents that detailed the religious sect's detailed surveillance of the Emmy-winning TV moguls. Through the help of informants, public records and various other means, they searched for "vulnerabilities" in the pair's personal lives, and after exploring their personal and business connections, widened their focus to investigating actors such as John Stamos, as well.

"Phone records. Bank records. Personal letters that expose some kind of vulnerability," Rathbun told the Voice. "They'll read stuff into the kind of alcohol you're drinking and how much. Prescriptions. They'll figure out your diet. They can find out a lot about you through your trash." Rathbun's personal site leads with a post that includes more information, including this summary: "In ’06 the creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, became targets of Corporate Scientology’s OSA. Operations were run in an attempt to silence Parker and Stone. While Corporate Scientology was ultimately unsuccessful, left behind an instructive data trail during their efforts."

More links:
www.infowars.com...
www.radaronline.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Such actions seem embarrassingly immature, IMO, and it wasn't as though Scientology had a solid standing with the general public before South Park made fun of the religion. Some people just can't take a little satire.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

They've wasted all their time and effort investigating them If you asked me.

They should have investigated this guy...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/399a592f1ec0.png[/atsimg]
But that may have revealed something a bit too shocking for their obviously fragile and paranoid ego.
edit on 26-10-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

LOL, what are they going to dig up on Matt and Tray that they are going to even care about. Those dudes are having too much fun to worry about being blackmailed. They have pretty much admitted their drug use and seem proud of it, so that will not work. Dadddddd, Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well, they have the freedom to "investigate" all they want if that's what rocks their boat. They are however, powerless to force their change on others from their findings. Do they think they control our freedoms? Just wondering why they would waste their time.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I agree with all of you
I've seen many interviews of Matt and Trey and they don't seem to hold much back (like they had apparently dropped acid before the Oscars, haha), but I'm guessing the church investigators were hoping to find a gay sex ring or child molestation charges...or something that would make the South Park creators 'sorry' for ever messing with the good and noble Scientology!

(crap--now they're going to investigate me *shifty eyes*)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I think you are much more likely to find a gay sex ring or a coven of child molestors in the Church of Scientolgy then you are at South Park Studios.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Because Scientology has a policy of "Fair Game"
Where they try to dig up everything on their critics and destroy them

edit on 26-10-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I can't wait for the next episode of South Park now..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
time for a classic video clip
wish there was a better quality one

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

after watching this it seems to me these people are completely brainwashed

what kind of sane person goes to an airport and then follows some one round haha set of cranks

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is brilliant news, all this will do is fuel the South Park guys to write new episodes taking the p*ss out of the cult of Scientology! The existing episodes on Scientology and the Mormons are my favourite episodes by miles.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Whoever they label as a Suppressive Person is gong to get their "wrath".

This cult is a scary one.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Found a new article, which doesn't reveal anything too different, but wanted to add this bit:

"To find a direct line into Stone and Parker, some of their friends have been identified," reads the email. They included Matthew Prager, a Hollywood screenwriter, actors John Stamos and Rebecca Romjin, and Dave Goodman, a writer who was at college with the pair.

The memo says each of these individuals is being "PRC'd" – a term used by private detectives which refers to the practice of checking every public record available about a particular target, in search of a potential vulnerability. "There are some strings that will be pulled on the PRC on Stone. Otherwise the special collections [a term apparently referring to data gathered using covert surveillance techniques] will be debugged in order to get some viable strings that can be pulled."

The memo, written on 16 April 2006, was published at the weekend by Marty Rathbun, a former high-ranking Scientology executive who defected five years ago and has since been running a blog critical of the Church. He claims it is part of a large "trove" of hitherto-secret documents detailing the Church's efforts to discredit the South Park creators, which recently found its way into his possession. He has promised to release others.

....Stone and Parker have for years used South Park to satirise almost every organised religion, sometimes with awkward consequences. The "Trapped in the Closet" episode, which featured an unflattering portrayal of Tom Cruise, was a case in point: it wasn't broadcast in the UK for several years, because of the strict libel laws. Controversy about the plot – in which Church elders decide South Park character Stan is the re-incarnation of L Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology – resulted in it becoming one of the most-watched episodes in the show's history.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
oh just in case A member of Scientology ends up reading this

Disclaimer:

I ELahrairah do not endorse Matt Stone and Trey Parkers portrayal of the Church of Scientology
and think it is a blatant attack against the church of Scientology.
I use the above posts to educate readers of the unfair attacks on the Church Of Scientology which have
proven to be slanderous towards the church.
The Church of Scientology has helped many people especially drug addicts recover 100% with their remarkable methods.
I feel the Church of Scientology is a blessing to both the community and the world.

: End Disclaimer

Hopefully that will keep me safe

edit on 26-10-2011 by ELahrairah because: don't want the church to get me

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is pretty old news.

2nd.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
oh just in case A member of Scientology ends up reading this

Disclaimer:

I ELahrairah do not endorse Matt Stone and Trey Parkers portrayal of the Church of Scientology
and think it is a blatant attack against the church of Scientology.
I use the above posts to educate readers of the unfair attacks on the Church Of Scientology which have
proven to be slanderous towards the church.
The Church of Scientology has helped many people especially drug addicts recover 100% with their remarkable methods.
I feel the Church of Scientology is a blessing to both the community and the world.

: End Disclaimer

Hopefully that will keep me safe

edit on 26-10-2011 by ELahrairah because: don't want the church to get me

Too late-- they are already digging through your trash

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora

Too late-- they are already digging through your trash

*shivers and turns to look over shoulder*

thankfully it's a dumpster in an apartment they would have to dig through a lot of other peoples trash too.
edit on 26-10-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
This is pretty old news.

2nd.

Yes, an entire two days old. The horror! The horror! Well, every article I found was from yesterday and Monday. Maybe your sources revealed this news to you SO much earlier than that? Yes?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

hate to break it to you but on the internet anything older then two minutes is already old news.

.........oh oh I gotta go check the latest tweets by Snoki and P Diddy
what where we just talking about I forgot already.
Oh well it doesn't matter anyway it's old news

top topics

<<   2 >>

join