It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AzureSky's Experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hello folks, I guess this could be an Intro Post, as well as just some of my paranormal experiences while I lived at home with my parents (before I moved out, went to college, got a job, etc) Which was only a few years ago.

When I was in middleschool, I was bullied severely. And eventually it got so bad, and the school board did nothing to stop this, and me being a non-violent person, never defended myself from these attackers, while I wish I had my time back (I would destroy them now, as I no longer care for being non-violent, when some people deserve it), I would not be who I am today because of those situations. My parents decided to move the family out into the country, this was in 2002 I do believe. I was only 14 or 15.

Our house was really old, it has been in that location for over 110 years no I do believe, it is a beautiful property, with decent acreage, and a river that runs along the property (floods freq too). And some woods and a camping area down on the very end of the property.

This house, its odd. Its not a threatening kind of odd. Just odd. Sometimes in the home I would feel as if I am being followed, or I am being watched. I could not go into the basement alone, my overactive imagination caused me some grief when it came to the basement. Ironically, I never saw anything in the basement, so I assume it was just some uncovered electrical equipment that was soaking the basement in EMF. Anyways.

Our first experience (family), was within the first couple weeks of living at the home, I have never done any research into the property (fear of what I might find, haha), and so we just catagorized what we saw, and it always seemed to change over time. During the first few weeks, our oldest cat would sit and stare at this particular corner of the living room. Just stare up and down at it, go no further. We would watch him watching the corner, it seemed that when we were in the room at those times, the energy of the room was.. energetic, you could feel it on your skin almost. Also within the first few weeks, we would wake up in the morning, and we would smell fresh baked goods. Bread was the most prominent, but we eventually stopped being able to smell it, and we went on with daily life.

Now myself, I do not know if I have seen more than the rest of the family, I know some of their stories, but not all I do not think. While home from school one day, I was walking through the kitchen and I hear my name being called. “Matt”, I found it weird, because my mother never refers me to Matt (she calls me Matthew, or my fathers/brothers names.. usually my name is the last to be called, haha). So I walk into the next room where she is, and ask “Did you just call my name?” “No..” “Oh, well, okay” and I kinda left it at that. This is not the first time I’ve heard my name being called, the other time I was just waking up, and I hear someone say “MATT!!” and it felt like it was right in my ear, eyes snapping open and jumping a little bit, something grey and brick like seemed to materialize in my vision, between me and the wall. In fear, I shut my eyes and pulled the covers up, and then a few minutes later I sat up and everything felt normal. Perhaps still in the half asleep state for that one. I do not think I heard my name being called since, but I cannot recall. I was fearful of it, because my mother has Schizo-Affective disorder, and I have a higher chance of getting this mental illness because its genetic to some degree.

While walking up the two flights of steps we had that led to the upstairs floor, I remember turning on the landing to go up the second set of stairs to my bedroom, something was looking at me from the bottom of the stairs, I cannot be sure what it was. But I BOLTED to my room, locked the door. It certainly scared me. I think I saw this one a few times, eventually I just stopped looking down the stairs as I was going up them, so I didn’t have a chance of seeing it.
After coming out of the bathroom one night, my parents door was closed and the computer was set up in the hallway style thing (one area, all room doors came off that one area), as I am going to sit at the computer, I see what appears to be a woman in a white dress, twirling in my brothers dark, empty room. I was not scared of this one, and just sat down and continued my evening on the computer. I believe the same night I was up until very late in the night, I was a big gamer at the time, so I was used to not sleeping. I hear this loud SNAP over my shoulder, and the only way I can describe this is to say it was like a grasshopper, sounded like the wings of one flying along, but it was made completely of rainbow light, and it flew in behind my computer monitor, I checked and there was nothing of the sort there.

While speaking to my mother in the living room, I stood in the doorway, behind me were the steps upstairs, and the steps downstairs were beside these on a separate door. Leaning in the doorway talking to my mother, I see someone walk by me out of my peripheral vision. Male, about 5’10” or so, maybe a little taller. And it seemed he was dressed in the attire of a WW1 Soldier, I noticed because of the helmet he wore, I could be wrong. But I turned to face my mother fully. And told her what I just saw.

I think there are more, but I cannot remember them right now. My father told me one day he was out in the yard, it was dusk or possible night. Im not sure what he was doing (I think he was tending to the greenhouse), and he NEVER said anything about this until I was older. But he came out and looked at the balcony, and there was an orb floating on the balcony, and it floated in the front door and into the house. Dad never saw it again, but he never told us (didn’t wanna scare us, I was the oldest of 3 =P).

I think that maybe the area around my home is perhaps some sort of vortex, or perhaps some sort of spiritual ‘highway’ where spirits travel by, because these experiences (aside from one or two), never really repeated for longer than a month. And it was gone. By all rights, it should have been seething with activity, being as old as it is. I think the entire area kind of gave me the creeps most of my life, got used to it though.

Oh. I remember being outside with a friend (don’t recall who), and I saw a car on the road, out of the corner of my eye, as I turned to look, it vanished. It was a blue car I do believe, and seeing it through my peripherals. When I asked my friend if he had just seen a car go by, he said no. (Yard/house is extremely close to the road as well)

Those are my experiences, take em or leave em. It could have all been tricks by my mind, but I do not think so. I would not say the house is haunted, just a curiousity. It is the oldest house in the area I do believe (that is still taken care of anyways). Feel free to add some of your experiences here too!! I am interested to hear some of everyones theories and stories.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I was living in a house in college with a bunch of friends. The friend whose family owned the house had just got done remodeling the upstairs. It had been sealed off and walled up for decades. All the bedrooms but the master were upstairs. The house was full of activity. Every person living there saw/ heard something on more than one occasion and usually with more than one person around.

I remember watching a movie in my roommate's room one night. All of a sudden, the screen froze. I tried to turn the power to the DVD player off, but it wouldn't turn off. Next I tried to turn off the T.V. It wouldn't turn off either. Then I caught movement out of the corner of my eye. I looked and a little girl in a white dress sauntered down the hall and walked into the wall at the end. My first thought was, "I just saw the ghost. I'm going to tell my friends." Immediately after that thought, I was hit with a sickening fear. My next thought was, "HOLY CRAP! You just saw the ghost! Get the hell outta here!" I rushed out of the room and ran into my roommate in the hallway. His face was as white as the ghost's dress.

"I just saw the ghost," he stammered. "She walked right through me!"

Needless to say, we didn't stay in the house. We split to the first 24 hour diner we could find and stayed there drinking coffee till the sun came up.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Good to see you join the folks here at ATS, Azure. Hope to see you around.

I wonder if you have had a tendency to see ghosts more due to the bullying factor (Apologies for that, I understand how kids can be). If I recall correctly, poltergeists, etc. tend to manifest near teenagers due to increased emotional activity.

Were you and your family doing any remodeling on the house? I'm pretty confident that can "kick up" paranormal activity. It happens at my home every time we work on it - new flooring, painting....

For example, we remodeled one of our upstairs bathroom. We were stripping the wallpaper (it was black floral and looked like a hooker's bedroom
) During that time, we would hear footsteps in the upstairs landing. One of our dogs also refused to go in the bathroom. He would just stand at the doorway and bark.

My wife has been touched a few different times while lying in bed. She thought it was me one time until she rolled over and saw I wasn't there. We've also heard talking. I've thought about EVP sessions, but my wife is afraid of what we'd hear.

I have plenty more stories to tell, but will save for other posts. We've actually experienced things in both of the houses that we have lived in, so I'm not sure if it's us or if we just happened to catch two houses with activity....

new topics

join