It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help out the companies that send you the bills you pay by mail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I have a whole bunch of 1 cent stamps I don't use anymore, so I'm gonna try to fit 44 of them on one of my bill return envelopes. Screw the biller.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

haha take pics please. and good luck, hopefully its a nice size envelope.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Thats good, I like that.

I also like taking those pre-paid envelopes and stuffing them with as much garbage as I can possibly stuff in them and send them back to the company. That will eat up their postage budget.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

me too!

I watched this doc about the post office and the guy said that the machine runs the mail so fast that 9/10 times you can get away with using used stamps. You may also put address and return address the same and skip postage all together.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

You may also put address and return address the same and skip postage all together.

Haha! Brilliant!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

thanks for the idea, I am going to do that now.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Some time back, I heard this also works if you attach the envelope to a package. A package that happens to contain a brick, for example.

Just a thought.
edit on 10/26/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don't think the return address thing works guys. The USPS would've figured that out long ago.

Y'all are a bunch of mail trolls.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

It's an interesting thought though... I want to try it just to see...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

It really does not hurt the USPS, it is them that actually benefits from it. If you stuff those envelopes full, and drop it in the mailbox, they are required by law to deliver it. But, when the USPS processes it and scans the envelope the barcode charges the company and they are billed for the postage. The company then must pay the USPS.

Edit: I misread your statement, I thought you were talking about my suggestion.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I will definitely let you know. I just sent a letter today that way.....we'll see if I get what I want. It may not work 100% of time but there is no way the post can catch every little mistake....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I have a whole bunch of 1 cent stamps I don't use anymore, so I'm gonna try to fit 44 of them on one of my bill return envelopes. Screw the biller.

how's that 'screwing' the biller?

they'll still get your payment, it still satisfies the postal service fee for handling and delivering the same.

however,
i have on occasion been known to employ the prepaid postage envelope dealio mentioned above, but with a twist of sorts.

send back the contents of the pre-approved credit card offers to the debt consolidation companies.

send back the reduce your rate - free quote insurance deals to the turn the book over, have you been injured in an accident offers

with the sweepstakes and lottery offerings typically getting the stuff from local and online 'colleges' offering near free and easy to obtain degrees and the like.

ya gotta be creative.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Peace

Shame on you. Is that the best you can do? Or are you trolling for acts of terrorism. Maybe someone has been messing with the mail (a federal offense) and you hope they come here and confess.

Well I got an even better way to raise your rates.
Put a sprinkle of beach sand in the envelope. Plays havoc with the letter opening machines.

This is one of many tricks laid out in an old antiestablisment hippy book from the 60's written by Abby Hoffman. The title of the book was printed in bold print across the cover...

Steal
This
Book

Owning a copy will prolly get you arrested nowadays.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Like putting dirty underwear in them?

top topics

join