It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid Lemmings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Anyone who takes 5 seconds to peruse though this forum will notice a trend. They will notice how EXCITED people get when a doomsday prophecy is upon them, and how disappointed and cynical they become when it has passed. The only species that rivals us in self destructive tendencies are lemmings, and at least when they form a mob and march to their deaths, they don't take the rest of the planet with them. When people get excited about the prospect of annihilation, you know there's something very wrong. You know what I think it is? It's a cop out. You have a bunch of people (I'm just as guilty of this), hoping the end will come, so they don't have to take responsibility for our future, and our children's future.

I AM SICK OF IT! I don't want to read another doomsday prophecy. I'm sick of being so caught up with the destination, that I don't pay attention to the Journey. The fact is, we have no definitive proof. We have speculation, about things that may or may not happen. We have a 2000 year old book that tells us the world will end, but we don't, and we won't know when. Why don't we just stop freaking out about it? The Bible said, it will come like a "Thief in the night". If you believe what the bible says, then you can throw out all of the crazed doomsday predictions from people like camping and the like. Then there's 2012, as exciting as it may be, there's no need to waste what little life we might have left sitting here and bickering about how it's all going to end/change, blah, blah, blah.

MAYBE, just MAYBE, we can be an honorable species, and treat people, creatures and the world the right way, without doing it out of fear that we'll be exterminated if we don't.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Lemmings committing suicide is a myth it was Disney that herd some together and threw them off a cliff for a documentary, it is this documentary from which this myth comes from.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekisu
Anyone who takes 5 seconds to peruse though this forum will notice a trend. They will notice how EXCITED people get when a doomsday prophecy is upon them, and how disappointed and cynical they become when it has passed. The only species that rivals us in self destructive tendencies are lemmings, and at least when they form a mob and march to their deaths, they don't take the rest of the planet with them.

When people get excited about the prospect of annihilation, you know there's something very wrong. You know what I think it is? It's a cop out. You have a bunch of people (I'm just as guilty of this), hoping the end will come, so they don't have to take responsibility for our future, and our children's future.

www.encyclopedia.com...
Poor little lemmings. They're sooooo cute.

Self destructive people, not so much.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Fear sells.

ETA: I do agree with you though.
edit on 10/26/2011 by Juston because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Lemmings committing suicide is a myth it was Disney that herd some together and threw them off a cliff for a documentary, it is this documentary from which this myth comes from.

www.snopes.com...

In light of recent evidence, I have to say that our stupid, arrogant, self-destructive nature is unrivaled.

But there's hope...

Let's evolve! You can't evolve without love, and you can't love if you are in a constant state of fear. It's good to be aware of danger, yes. However, if you let that fear of vaguely possible danger rule every moment of your existence, at that point the end has already come and you might as well be dead.
edit on 26-10-2011 by bekisu because: more

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Someone had to!

Something about the hair always cracks me up

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

That is awesome.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
People get so excited about doomsday scenarios and whatnot because they all think they will be the ones who survive. It's what makes the zombie genre so popular.

Many of them simply refuse to think they would be the ones who die first.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

I agree with you there. That's why I've decided to just enjoy my life, you never know when it will be cut short.

top topics

join