It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Protest "Offensive" Costumes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
and they wonder why western civilisation is falling apart at the seams..
Waste time with pc bovine fecal matter when theres alot more serious problems in the world.
They should get up off their fat lazy arses and do something worthwile that would make an actual difference and improve the world..
Bah good little citizens brainwashed by the state ..

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Look for the Obamama Administration to appoint a Tsar of Costume Correctness to address the problem of PC incorrect costumes. I suspect they'll need a few billion dollars as start up for this new department to allow for the proper staffing and office space.

Next problem, please...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Just imagine the hell that would be raised by a tail coat, white gloves, woolly wig and blackface not to mention the possibility of getting shot. It might be the same for a mammy costume.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I'm offended that they're offended! When will the madness end?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I think that somebody should come out with a poster that has a white person in it, show a picture of somebody dressed as a farmer, and do this.

Either that, or sue the school for racism when they have a farmer day, and everybody's dressed in overalls and stuff.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Would it be okay for me to dress as a Jew and wear a big fake prosthetic nose?

I imagine it wouldn't.

If I was to dress as a Native American and paint my face red, would that be okay?

I imagine it wouldn't.

Yes, it's called "freedom". I wouldn't expect you to understand that though. Believe it or not, there is NOTHING in the Constitution that says you have a right to not be offended. I'm offended by people who don't understand the U.S. Constitution and think they can comment on it. But, freedom states I have to tolerate it. That's just life.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Western culture is somewhat irreverent.

That's a CULTURAL trait.

One I happen to like.

Those kids are NOT A CULTURE. They are INDIVIDUALS. Individuals living in a Western Culture.

In this case, they are young individuals who are being manipulated by older individuals to market their agenda in a most cynical and manipulative way.

I am NOT a culture. I am an Individual, and my views make up a component of a culture. One that enjoys not taking *(&^ too seriously. This is a good trait, and one that I'm glad that others around me also enjoy.

I suggest we keep it.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
These guys are right to be angry man!

POWER TO YOU!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Oh, I'm not good with Photoshopping things. I want one with a drag queen dressed like Queen Elizabeth with this caption on it.

"WE are a Culture"

I'd suggest

oh now I'm giggling.
edit on 2011/10/28 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join