posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:14 AM
Let's see, why am I not a proponent of OWS?
1. They are taking up resources (police) that could be used somewhere else and it's costing money. Our cities are already broke. Not to mention
the clean up after they leave, again costs money and uses city resources. I mean come on....pooping on peoples doorsteps, peeing on cop cars???
2. I have yet to hear or see one protester on TV, here, FB, etc that can string together a congrument, well thought out statement explaining why they
are protesting and everytime you see one interviewed they each give a different reason for protesting. One wants social justice, one wants an end to
corrupt bankers, one wants an end to corrupt politicians, one wants do be forgiven of debts he/she accumilated, one wants free money, one wants an end
3. I am all for free speech and their right to protest and exercise civil disobedience no matter what their stated cause, but at least have ONE main
idea behind it. And for heavens sake, please don't shove the shirtless, g-string, tattooed and bald, 85 year old homeless man in front of the camera
or reporter to speak on your "revolution's" behalf. I am from Georgia and it irks me that the media always finds the most redneck, uneducated,
hillbilly guy with a mullet to speak on national tv when something happens in our state.
4. They are making a huge mess. I have seen video and pictures of the different places they are protesting. KEEP IT CLEAN!! Our streets are not
your garbage cans!!!
5. Oh and the mental break down from some of these guys on camera are ridiculous. Nobody listens when you are yelling and screaming and frantically
crying like the world is coming to an end. It amazes me that we (the United States of America) puffs out it's chest and claims to be the best and
yet we have goobers like this on our nightly news. Other countries must think we are all a bunch of toothless, mental, nasty, homeless idiots. Can
we please get someone with some sanity, who looks like they bathe more than once a week and has a clean pressed shirt and pants to express with
cohearent thoughts just exactly what they are protesting against?
6. You know, the members of the Boston Tea Party were protestors also. They were protesting high taxes. But I don't remember reading that they
trashed the city. In fact, when they dumped the tea, it was into the harbor NOT the streets where they lived.
7. Obey the law! The pooping and peeing in the streets, not having your permits to hold a protest in order, and the rampant drug use is not obeying
the law. These laws are in place for a reason. Laws were not made for those people who had no intention of committing a crime, but for those that
they knew would.
Protest all you want, but don't get all shaken and stirred up when someone doesn't support your "cause" and demand they tell you why they don't.
I don't have to explain myself anymore than you do. But since you asked and I have a few minutes before I have to go to my college class (which I
paid for all by myself) so I can help my hubby support this family financially, I felt like responding to your demand. God Bless.