It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check out this picture, want you opinion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hey everybody!

Now, let me quick tell you what this is about.

For some time ago, I was on work, and that is where I took the picture.
We had the chance to get 40 meters up in the air, 6 people at a time, and that is where I took the picture. Oh, and by the way I'm a little afraid of heights, hehe.

So yesterday I was searching through my phone pictures, and I took a good look on the picture, and found this 'dot' on the picture. And that is the reason I post this picture. I didn't want to make a thread in aliens and ufo's, because I'm kinda tired of hoping on a good picture, and then you realize its nothing.

But I still want your opinion, on what this is, first, let me show the original picture:

This is the picture, and what you see here is some of my former work space, and some plain simple landscape.

I made an GIF to show these pictures, instead of showing them all, but the GIF didn't work, so I just posted them all.

Orginal:

Object circled:

Zoomed:

Close up:

This was what I wanted to show you. I got some spree time and thought I would like to hear what you think it is.

What I see is an oval object, maybe with a white color on the top/reflection, and a little tail sticking out.
The object seem to be pretty far away from me (I was 40 meters up air at the moment) when I look at the scales of the trees, house and people.

This is what I personally think it could be;

Bird; and the reason I think it could be a bird, is because of that little tail. But, it has to be a giant bird, if you scale it with the trees and so on.

Hot air balloon, or just a balloon; The weather was pretty foggy (as you may can see on the picture), and for what I know, they don't fly in foggy weather. And secondly, I didn't see any hot air balloon or anything while standing up there, and I have only seen 2 hot air balloons in my life, hehe.

An insect; As it is hard to determine how far away the object is, I think it could be a bug flying around (looks like it is flying upwards).

Camera bug; It could also just be a bug in the picture itself. But I think the object seems too vivid to be a bug.

That was all, and the reason why I post this, is just because it is annoying me, and I don't know why.

I would love to hear what you think!

Oh and if you want, here is the original photo from my phone. The picture is taken with an iPhone 4;
Picture

edit on 10/26/2011 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/26/2011 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Can you point me the object pls?

I dont see anything... sorry. But maybe I'm just not finding it...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There, I fixed it

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Can you point me the object pls?

I dont see anything... sorry. But maybe I'm just not finding it...

Hehe, I understand you cant find it, I also found it randomly when I was looking at it. And that was on my phone

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Obviously, its just light reflecting off of the planet Venus or some luminescent swamp gas.

You can barely make out the dot, even when I blow up the pic. Its probably a helium ballon let loose by a little kid or something.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by ypperst

Obviously, its just light reflecting off of the planet Venus or some luminescent swamp gas.

You can barely make out the dot, even when I blow up the pic. Its probably a helium ballon let loose by a little kid or something.

Barely? I see the dot quite well.
And again, it has to be a really big balloon.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

reply to post by ypperst

no offense to you personally but every single ufo thread has this generic reply..

having said that i think your spot on imo..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Kind of looks like a plane far off in the distance to me and it looks to be pretty low in the atmosphere so I would put my money on it being a plane.
edit on 26-10-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I just blew it up 800% using photo zoom ( have not got time before leaving to post pic ) but despite it looking like an ordinary baloon there is some strange distortions all around the "object" ( refered to as trail in an earlier post - but it is in fact all around it ) - not something i would have thought a balloon was capable of.

Interesting.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
My opinion is that you've caught some kind of helicopter. That thing looks like it's a good clip off, so it's no wonder it's so blurry.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I wish your picture was a UFO but when i look at it i keep seeing a balloon. Did you hear anything unusual while taking these pics? Do you know if there were any sighting in that area?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Its a bird. You cant scale it properly with the trees or any other object because it's impossible to tell how far away it is in relation to the other objects.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

reply to post by ypperst

no offense to you personally but every single ufo thread has this generic reply..

Which is exactly the reason I posted it in this thread.

Maybe you need to look up the definition of the word HUMOR sometime. That's why I put the
guy after the remark.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Which is exactly the reason I posted it in this thread. Maybe you need to look up the definition of the word HUMOR sometime. That's why I put the guy after the remark.

im fully aware it was an attempt at humour, but to be honest, it kinda stops being funny after a thousand and one times...

maybe you should look up the definition of the word ORIGINAL sometime..

edit on 26/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Looks like a distant airplane to me, sorry.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
pro tip,if you've gotta put arrows to the object it's probably nothing.Sorry dude,I can't tell what it is.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
THanks for giving me a reason to clean my monitor. I had dust specks larger than your object. Sorry, it's to small to make heads or tails of.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
it looks like it could be a chinook helicopter, but it also looks like 3 grey pixels.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Its a cat tied to a kite

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
there is no way to tell how big that is. It could be something the size of a grain of rice 5 feet away or an aircraft carrier 5 miles away. The trees dont help at all because its not in front of the trees, how do you know if its in front or behind the. There is no way to tell how big or how far away it is.

new topics

top topics

join