It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Support A Violent Revolution

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
There are other options. Just because you aren't being presented with them, doesn't mean they don't exist.

However, many of the politicians in our nations are beholden to the very small group of people causing many of the problems.

Violent revolution tends to wreck things. I don't like the solutions many people are presenting. For example, I don't believe in a lack of a social contract like the Tea Party. I also have no interest in the remarketed communist state being floated by those marketing the Occupy movement. As for the religious nuts slathering on the sidelines, I trust them even less.

I'm not for full out smash and burn. I'd like to see a more surgical approach to a cancerous problem.

Now failing to address what even "They" know is a problem isn't acceptable. I'm not opposed to the French Revolution. Either we correct these people now, or the wider World is going to "correct" us at some point. Because while everyone is talking the One Percent, on a global level you and I ....we are the top Five Percent. More likely the top 3%.

If you were to project the problems and the demographics of the Bourgeois and the Royal-Right-To-Rule classes of Europe from the Enlightenment through to the Bolshevik Revolution onto the global stage today, what you would find is that you and I, we are the merchant class, the Earls, the Barons, the Counts, the Chevaliers.

Not getting the top 0.01% and the political laps dogs under control is going to eventually have the effect of the World wanting to put you and I to the guillotine.

They are clearly not acting in anyone's best interests but their own. From the Corporate Oligarchs, to the infamous "Military-Industrial-Complex." I say that as someone who isn't opposed military in any way. Nor am I opposed to capitalism.

There are WAY fewer of "them." And I'm not talking the 1%. I'm talking the 0.01%.

Many of the institutions your being told to hate over and over - those institutions are often working to fix these problems. The message to hate these agencies and economic actors is likely being funded by the 0.01% to favour their interests.

edit on 2011/10/26 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

I second this. There are an endless supply of people willing to do just about anything for a paycheck including becoming Police and Politician's. Any response to violence should be surgical against 0.1% tptb and not "eye for an eye". I think anything else would end like another Ruby Ridge. One bigwig in France just got exterminated, no info on who or why yet but the media said it was a professional hit. Heres hoping they're turning on each other.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The irony is that your explanation, is how you keep someone psychologically enslaved (and therefore mentally and physically as well). The so-called PTB know this and are hoping you fear this and fall in line.
The only problem is that the so-called PTB do not play fair regardless if people do, and by now it should be clear that even if people try to do as they are told, obey the rules/laws, remain peaceful - the so-called PTB can still make up/fabricate excuses at will for why they have to oppress and/or so-called 'just doing their jobs'.
They are playing (cheating at) Chess, not Checkers!
Wake Up!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I disagree.

You say a couple posts ago that Wall St., etc. isn't the problem but government is. (This I do agree with)
Yet, the title of this thread is "Why I support a violent revolution"...?!?

Government is - political action and control over the members, citizens or inhabitants of communities, societies and states.

Control is basically code for violence or the threat of violence...Basic ex. Forcefully sent to jail when breaking a law, whether the law is just or not.

The main thing that defines the state is it's ability and free pass (that we collectively give it) to use violence and the threat of violence. This goes on militarily, to enforce laws, collect taxes, etc....

So basically, 'We need to now use violence because there are problems with the entity that we collectively allow to use violence." ???

First and foremost:
Playing devil's advocate and some sort of relatively size-able militia starting forming.. What would be the end game? Firing on the Pentagon? Actually taking up arms against the world's biggest and strongest military in the world?? I don't even need to explain how that would end up.
(I understand that yes, if enough people withdrew from the military and didn't provide the numbers needed it would be a different story but I don't think that's a likely scenario and the strength of it's weapons wouldn't even necessitate large numbers of soldiers, etc.)

I don't know the solution to the incredible corruption, etc. that we face today but I just don't think violence would amount to anything good to say the least. There are other methods. As I've outlined in a thread of mine, I really like what philosopher Stefan Molyneux has to say about these things. People need to really be smacked across the face with truth and knowledge about the actual workings of government, banks, military, etc and thankfully this is starting to happen thanks to the internet. Even the many amateur youtube videos about conspiracy and such have exposed countless people to a different perspective than the CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc. which never so much as bring up The Federal Reserve, profit incentive of the military industrial complex, conspiracy, basic flaws in the structure of the system itself, etc..

I think we are at one of many turning points in history, pivot point, what have you...I guess violence will be attempted as a way to liberation by many but I'm not sure it will be the best approach. I think if enough people simply withdraw from the state and collectively deny them the free pass to use violence and the threat of violence under the cloak of nationalism, freedom, protecting us, etc., then great things will happen.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

Amen!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedimind

Naked Force.

Government have a bunker and nukes.

These guys got banners.

Some other guys have some really nifty weapons.

Government still has everyone seriously outgunned.

Talking about how to overthrow them on a conspiracy board open to the public isn't exactly the smartest strategy to sneak up on them.
I think they aren't too worried.

Somewhere in between these two places rests quite a lot of room to negotiate.

Though I would say that governments don't look like they plan on doing ANYTHING different regardless.

Some think this is a good thing. Can't give in to protesters.

I'd suggest that several government might want to consider that if they continue to do nothing, or just mouth words that mean nothing, that that too has consequences.

That organized civil disobedience isn't really a tool you want to make clear doesn't work. Is it REALLY a good idea to remove the idea that organized peaceful protest works? Because, the alternatives steadily get less attractive.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
A very thought-provoking quote:

"Because revolution in our culture has always represented an attack on hierarchy, it has always meant upheaval--literally a heaving up from below. But upheaval has no role to play in moving beyond civilization. If the plane is in trouble, you don't shoot the pilot, you grab a parachute and jump. To overthrow the hierarchy is pointless; we just want to leave it behind."
- Daniel Quinn, Beyond Civilization

Provided, that is, they (or the system) "let" us walk away if we so choose...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master_007

Originally posted by rwfresh
So what are you waiting for? You seemed convinced violence will stop sick, ruthless, violent people...
And that it will lead to change. Or have you just given up and suicidal?

Don't know mate is the USA suicidal for all the wars it's starts but is unable to finish

Yes it's a fact of life that talk is cheap and if you want to stand up to thugs you need to meet force with force so i'm wating for nothing and will be available just as soon as i'm needed so no i've got the balls to stand up and fight for what's right so what about you or do you need another ten years of talking.

The USA isn't a person. You know that. But definitely those willing to commit violence on that kind of scale are either ignorant beyond understanding, suicidal or both.

It's not about balls. The one's already in the fight are already killing each other.. and have been for 1000's of years. Why do you think what you're suggesting is anything different?

Stop supporting violence. That is hard when under threat of violence and brainwashing.. I understand that. You are needed now. And all you need to do, is look to those who are supporting violence and DEMAND PEACE from them with moral authority and without judgement.

Are you going to stop WWIII by killing people? Come on mate, that's the kind of bull they use to pull people into war in the first place.

When was the last large scale peace movement? Where people around the world stand together in solidarity and literally demand peace from our violent oppressors? Too hard i guess. everyone's convinced it's not possible. The evil violent ones are just too strong. The only thing we can do is line up and die with our pea shooters. Then we can die with an honor badge. That is what i call suicidal.

Think it through.. if your presumed action inevitable results in your death through violence.. i call that suicide. Especially when there is a completely obvious and available solution.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

"Because revolution in our culture has always represented an attack on hierarchy, it has always meant upheaval--literally a heaving up from below. But upheaval has no role to play in moving beyond civilization. If the plane is in trouble, you don't shoot the pilot, you grab a parachute and jump. To overthrow the hierarchy is pointless; we just want to leave it behind."

Let us? They don't have a choice. WE are part of the hierarchy. And the trick is, 99% of the hierarchy is WAITING for the freedom to walk away from it and into freedom.

This is how it happens. It is happening now. You don't have to do anything. Just stop supporting violence. And you are free NOW. Don't make excuses for them. Be brave. Without judgement. Be done with it. Demand Peace whenever the choice arrives.

Like on these message boards. When people declare violence is the answer, stand up and speak the truth. Violence is the current system, enforced by threat and supported out of fear. Be a brave one and it will fall apart. That is the change. That is evolution.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
As much as I do not want anything violent to happen I have this uneasy feeling that it could turn violent and we could end up having our own little French revolution style uprising.

Yes, I know we are uprising right now, but I'm talking about violent and ending in death uprising. No, I do NOT want it to end that way but I believe it will.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
There would only be one time I would "revolt" against a democratically elected government, or the Queen herself. That is if we were conquered by another power and they were puppets.

However, if you want to change the country, you need to get people to vote. You need to campaign and campaign to allow them to see the truth.

The way its going the UK, once a powerful and respected power will be swallowed up into the United States of Europe. The moment they say "You have no choice but remain part of it forever" is the day I consider being part of a resistance movement.

The day the government fully enforce censorship and imprison those who speak out will also be a day. Nevertheless, no matter how bad it gets, innocent people including familys of the guilty will not be harmed. There is adifference between Freedom Fighters and terrorists such as the IRA, Taliban etc.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
In re: support for violent revolution

Luckily, most of those who talk violence rarely have the backbone to carry through. Unless you've ever been in a situation where killing a fellow human being was your task, you really can't grasp the scars it leaves on the human soul. And unless you've had someone doing their utmost to kill you, there is simply no alternative way to know what that feels like either.

No ideology, no system of governance, no political slant, no cause is perfect. You have to be able to get a grip on that truth because you either weigh the cost of human life by that standard or you are going to take a human life without respecting its true value. Nationalist pride is a good thing. Defending one's country is honorable. But taking up arms against your neighbors carries neither honor or decency because you are destroying that which you claim to cherish, killing those you would claim to defend.

War is the sum of all human failure. Civil war is that sum, magnified a hundred times over.

For humanity to evolve, we must rise above our ignorance and animalistic tendencies to a state where we are capable of achieving through other means, that would once gained through violence. Recognizing this, we may then ask ourselves whether our goals, no matter how seemingly good and pure, are not misdirected when they call us to do harm to others.

The response to all of this is, of course, to say that we are being forced into it by TPTB and a government that no longer respects the constitution that enables its very existence. We remind ourselves that our nation was founded on the blood of revolutionaries and so that we ourselves become the contemporary embodiment of those souls who braved battlefields to raise a new flag.

In essence, we talk ourselves into this place where violence is not only rationalized, but then soon even hoped for.

In the end, it will be you who have to make your own call.

It will be you who decide whether the shedding of human blood is painless enough upon your soul that you may inflict it upon another. It will be you who may someday draw a bead on a complete stranger and find the peace within to pull the trigger. And it will be you who, finally, lies upon the same ground, with the life exiting your flesh because another human being found the peace within to take your life.

All hail the great and noble cause.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

Let us? They don't have a choice. WE are part of the hierarchy. And the trick is, 99% of the hierarchy is WAITING for the freedom to walk away from it and into freedom.

This is how it happens. It is happening now. You don't have to do anything. Just stop supporting violence. And you are free NOW. Don't make excuses for them. Be brave. Without judgement. Be done with it. Demand Peace whenever the choice arrives.

Like on these message boards. When people declare violence is the answer, stand up and speak the truth. Violence is the current system, enforced by threat and supported out of fear. Be a brave one and it will fall apart. That is the change. That is evolution.

But what of self-defense? What of the VERY REAL and effective coercion/violence used against us (and others) by the system? Simply being peaceful does not change this or even address it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Many people claim to support a violent revolution, but then fall well short of the goal when they realize that there will be equally violent opposition. Are you going to support violence when it is visited back upon you and your family? Probably with overwhelming and unequal force? Can you afford to support this violent revolution? By afford, I mean one cost is family members, wives, sons, daughters.

I don't know if that is a cost I'm willing to pay. My wife and son are everything to me. Until that time comes, if it even does, I can't sit here and talk big and honestly say I'd support any violent revolution of any kind. I can be honest about it. Can any of you?

/TOA
edit on 30-10-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
But how does one spark such an event? What needs to happen, in order to start a violent revolution?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
No one supports a violent revolution eh?

Why not???

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join