It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i need help with something

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Illimatic, you took deuteronomy 13:6-9 out of context.

It says if that worshiper of other gods, be it your brother or whoever, should try to wrest you from the belief in the one G-d, then you should kill him.

So it's not saying go out and kill say ... muslims.

It's saying, if those muslims force their religion on you, kill them.

Kind of a "religious self-defense" thing.

If someone tries to kill you what do you do?

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
that God accepted Abel's sacrifice of a bloody lamb, yet rejected Cain's kinder, gentler sacrifice of fruits and nuts...thus infuriating Cain, and driving him to slay his brother....
Kind and gentle god? Maybe the sanitized version of today....but if you are going by the bible, you'll find little evidence of THAT God, hehe....

Able gave his BEST animals. Cain wasn't willing to give his best to God, and only gave him some crap he found for free. Its the attitude of the heart, not the sacrifice offered that made the difference.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   
*Shouldn't have outbursted*...But Net Chicken, man...

Cain and Abel BOTH gave up their best, Abel herded sheep, and Cain tilled the soil.

It's not like one or the other didn't do their best, or sacrificing their best.

That story simply explains why the Hebrews sacrificed Lambs and not bressel sprouts.

And it teaches to whomever wishes to learn it, that even if you aren't favored, you should not do harm to another, for vengence is not worth your soul.

[Edited on 2-5-2003 by HKoT]

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Nope, you are wrong. Marijuana, extacy, coc aine/crack, and '___' are not God.

Ok... let me make my self more clear.

There are crazy people out there that hear voices and those people that hear voices claim that it is God talking to them. Sure those drugs can cause voices in your head and some may think its really God, who knows.

According to the bible dreams, voices, whaterver is how people got their messages from God. So how can one be so sure its actually from God? They must have faith. If they have strong faith that it is from God then they will deny any other possibilty and that can be dangerous.

[Edited on 2-5-2003 by Thatoneguy]

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If you want to know something that is written I recommend you read the subject at hand. Are you really one of those people who simply take what others have to say without any conviction on your part? If so, I pray you do not get entangled by those who would mislead your ignorent mind. Take notice I do not intend to offend you, but simply to exspose non-independent patterns. Simply put , if you really want to know the truth, find it for yourself. This site is a good start.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy

Nope, you are wrong. Marijuana, extacy, coc aine/crack, and '___' are not God.

Ok... let me make my self more clear.

There are crazy people out there that hear voices and those people that hear voices claim that it is God talking to them. Sure those drugs can cause voices in your head and some may think its really God, who knows.

According to the bible dreams, voices, whaterver is how people got their messages from God. So how can one be so sure its actually from God? They must have faith. If they have strong faith that it is from God then they will deny any other possibilty and that can be dangerous.

Yes, but again, I don't believe in the Bible and God ordering men in our present time to murder others.

I just tried to make kind of an anology lol.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 06:58 AM
link   
i know god doesnt order men to do those things. My point is people out there do think god is giving them orders to do horrible things because they are mentally ill.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by another_one

Yes, but again, I don't believe in the Bible and God ordering men in our present time to murder others.

I just tried to make kind of an anology lol.

But has He in the past??
It makes no sense that - in the past it was ok, but now if God tells you to kill, you're crazy.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by quango
But has He in the past??
It makes no sense that - in the past it was ok, but now if God tells you to kill, you're crazy.

Sigh..

We're in a completely different time, or world so to speak.

<< 1   >>

join