It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise in UK government requests for Google content removal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Rise in UK government requests for Google content removal

www.bbc.co.uk

Google said it experienced a 71% jump in UK government and court requests to remove content from its web search, YouTube and other services.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well we certainly hear a lot about china trying to block internet content from its public. Now the news is actually telling us it happens here too.
We don’t get absolute removal as much in western nation, but they certainly make some things very hard to find. That’s all they really need to do because unless the majority is aware of something it won’t matter if a few know. Im sure they have many other techniques used on web content that goes against what propoganda tells us.
Anyway thought this article was interesting.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Does not surprise me what so ever. They have been doing this for years. Anything to cover their own backsides so we the public do not find out the truth, That is why they set a new website, so citizens can only read their propaganda rather than looking for the information themselves, and come to a commonsense conclusion.

Basically it is the UK Government trying to control what content we see on the internet. Google are also idiots for allowing the UK Government to do this,

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

Basically it is the UK Government trying to control what content we see on the internet. Google are also idiots for allowing the UK Government to do this,

Google is not a company, google is a government, its an internet government that has all aspects of social and email data stored and access ready to those who request it. How can one defend himself ?

Answer
Cryptology

"Cryptography (or cryptology; from Greek κρυπτός, "hidden, secret"

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

its the NWO in action here. its the kindling for the the library of alexandria all over again

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
And since Google's contract with the US's NSA (National Security Agency), I've used giberu.com for searches which employs google's search engine, but breaks my IP address before returning my results. So basically Google = Doodle.

One day, I'll decide to live a blissfully ignorant life and not come here. Until then, welcome to the sh*tstorm I suppose...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
"Germany made 118 requests, a 6% rise over the previous period; France made nine demands, a 61% fall; and the US made 92 requests, a 70% rise."

Wonder what those 92 requests were for...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lostmymarbles
"Germany made 118 requests, a 6% rise over the previous period; France made nine demands, a 61% fall; and the US made 92 requests, a 70% rise."

Simply ask ....

press click for answer

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I posted this video in another thread, but I will post it here also. It will give you an clear idea of how the UK Government go about, censoring footage they do not want the Public to see, Wither it is National Security or it is to cover their own backsides.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yes, the BBC News article doesn't mention how law enforcement agencies made many requests for videos to be taken down because they showed police brutality.

One video was asked to be removed as it "criticised the government."

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Agrees, and they do not want the public to see footage where, 13 year old's are being removed from their homes violently by the Police, because it paints the police in a bad light. There is censorship for you.

Another video I found today posted on you tube. Maybe gives some more insight into what both the UK and the US Governments are trying to do.

edit on 26-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

British police authorities ordered the removal of 135 videos from YouTube in the first half of this year because of a perceived threat to national security, according to figures published by the video sharing website's owner Google.

Source

Im dying to know exactly what it is on youtube they dont want us to see..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Youtube has become about as good as CNN and the BBC and is blocking news that goes against the state and the plan is to hide the removal of web content by allowing anyone and everyone to request content is removed so few notice that the state if behind the removals.

We need to take search engines, Youtube and anything else underground like OpenDNS and then tell those that try to gag the internet to go stuff themselves.

P2P works if lots of people join in and do remember Google is CIA and is on 90% of web sites yet no one says anything about this un healthy monopoly, lambs to the slaughter

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

I don't have that high of a security clearance, it's classified

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lostmymarbles

Police kicking the $hit out of protestors and execution killings mainly.

Time we built our own p2p none centralized search engine and did the same for hosting Youtube vids and whilst we are about it we need to look at Twitter aswell.

Google=CIA and even the EU dare not touch the CIA's bastard child.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This is why the OWS protests will fail. Yes the bankers and corporations are a problem, but the government are the enablers and they protect them from us. We need to overthrow the governments, that is the only way, but nobody gets it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

That is a good idea, but the one thing to fear in that situation is that whoever builds the search engine won't be tempted by the 9 figure offer of buy-out which is what usually happens

top topics

join