It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hertfordshire police in the uk, release 999 (911) call reporting ufo..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Hertfordshire police in the uk have released a recording of a conversation when someone phones up and calls reporting a UFO sighting.

i dont really want to say anymore and spoil it but it gave me a bit of a chuckle at the end.. please listen to it yourself before reading any comments..

i will post my opinion once some others comment on it..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I posted a separate thread on this story a few second after Misterlondon started this one, so I've deleted that one and will post my comments in this thread instead.

The websites of a couple of national newspapers in England have reported on a call made by a man to the police emergency telephone line ("999" over here), prompted by him being unable to identify to moon.

He called back a couple of minutes later sounding more than a bit embarrassed and admitted his mistake.

A recording of his call his embedded below (edit - it's embedded in the OP):

Daily Mail story:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

An emergency 999 caller summoned police after spotting a mysterious object hovering above his house only to find out it was the moon.

The man made the call, not thought to be a prank, in a state of panic saying the object's 'lights were blazing'.

However, just moments later the caller phoned back the operator to say he had mistaken the UFO for the moon.

The caller, who rang police just after 8pm, is heard telling police he can see a mysterious flying object coming towards his house with lights blazing.

He said he was in the Canterbury and Stevenage area of Hertfordshire.

The call handler asked him if he could hear engine noises but he said he couldn't.

The call handler spends several minutes writing up his description of the sighting and then says she will contact the local police team to see if they know anything about it.

Daily mirror story:

www.mirror.co.uk...

Sure it was “not an aeroplane” but that the UFO was “hovering”, the bamboozled observer’s claims were treated seriously with call handler asking whether any recognisable engine noises could be made out.

The caller replied – accurately, as it turns out – that the object was too far away.

During the course of the call, the mistaken witness insisted the object was heading his way… before noting “it’s stopped now”.

And ringing back a few moments later having realised his identification error, the caller enlightened the police as to what his extraterrestrial sighting really was.

“You won’t believe this… You won’t believe this – it’s the moon,” he stutters

This sort of story does explain why some people have the (incorrect) view that all those that report UFOs are idiots...

edit on 26-10-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Oh, the beauty of the Human mind! "It's the Moon"...!

It would be too easy to suggest he sounded a little tipsy, wouldn't it?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

yeah i noticed you did that, your very honorable isaac.. i starred your post on your original thread..

thanks for adding the additional information, i though it was quite funny, although doesnt help our cause in this field of research.. but guess thats why they do it..

i actually thought the fella sounded a little drunk..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Hahahahhahaha.

OMG, I was sucked in. Either that or the MIB were rather quick to respond to that call.

Imagine, he hangs up, a knock on the door, he opens it, FLASH, a voice says "You have just reported the moon to the Police, be sure to call the police back and inform them it was the moon that you saw. Have a good night"

He picks up the phone. He dials 999............

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Hahahahhahaha.

OMG, I was sucked in. Either that or the MIB were rather quick to respond to that call.

Imagine, he hangs up, a knock on the door, he opens it, FLASH, a voice says "You have just reported the moon to the Police, be sure to call the police back and inform them it was the moon that you saw. Have a good night"

He picks up the phone. He dials 999............

dont know how many people are in that call centre but what are the chances of getting the same operator again?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hhehehehe, good one

Won't spoil it either, poor fella really had to feel bit stupid
BTW sounds like he had a few already ;]
edit on 26-10-2011 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
A Scot on Scotch = The Moon is a UFO...

Facepalm

Either that, or he was very tired and stressed. Bless, he had the b@lls to call back and admit his error.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
you wont believe this " it's the moon" ....

That was so funny....rolls about laughing

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
dont know how many people are in that call centre but what are the chances of getting the same operator again?

Pretty big actually, because if you ringing for emergency again, system by default is trying to connect you to operator you spoke before.
Once I rang 999, because I encountered really old and completely drunk woman laying on a curb, I said I will stay with her until ambulance arrive, after some 10 mins, car drove by, stopped and a driver lady came out, said "She's mine" with wide grin, put her into a car and drove away. When I rang emergency, I was immediatily connected to same operator, and she exactly knew that I called before.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat

Pretty big actually, because if you ringing for emergency again, system by default is trying to connect you to operator you spoke before.
Once I rang 999, because I encountered really old and completely drunk woman laying on a curb, I said I will stay with her until ambulance arrive, after some 10 mins, car drove by, stopped and a driver lady came out, said "She's mine" with wide grin, put her into a car and drove away. When I rang emergency, I was immediatily connected to same operator, and she exactly knew that I called before.

ah... ok.. that does make sense.. guess you learn something new everyday..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

And ringing back a few moments later having realised his identification error, the caller enlightened the police as to what his extraterrestrial sighting really was.

This sort of story does explain why some people have the (incorrect) view that all those that report UFOs are idiots....
I'm not partial to a tipple but I can't say I've ever made the same mistake.

Perhaps not an idiot, but a bit of a tit nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

This sort of story does explain why some people have the (incorrect) view that all those that report UFOs are idiots....
I'm not partial to a tipple but I can't say I've ever made the same mistake.

Perhaps not an idiot, but a bit of a tit nonetheless.

im sure he will be embarassed if this story goes around where he lives and people recognize his voice..

oh the shame.. i think its time to knock the moonshine on the head

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

im sure he will be embarassed if this story goes around where he lives and people recognize his voice..

I'm sure he will be embarassed - in fact, he sounded quite embarassed in his second call...

I wonder how often there is an equall embarassing explanation of a UFO report, but the witness does NOT call again to give that explanation???

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'm sure he will be embarassed - in fact, he sounded quite embarassed in his second call...

I wonder how often there is an equall embarassing explanation of a UFO report, but the witness does NOT call again to give that explanation???

to be honest i probably wouldnt...

top topics

join