It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecticut Officials Push Washington to Offer Free Diapers to Poor Mothers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Free Diapers

So now our tax money is to pay for diapers? Really? Here's a novel idea, if you can't afford children, DON'T HAVE THEM! Besides, what's wrong with them using cloth diapers? Buy once, and use forever. Simply amazing how our leaders feel we need to supply everything for people.

Even without federal funds, low-income parents can access free diapers in multiple ways. Early Head Start, a federally funded program that helps children in low-income families, already offers free diapers and formula. Companies like Huggies and Pampers also offer rewards programs that allow consumers to accumulate points for coupons for free diapers. Parents can also register with diaper companies on their websites to receive free diapers, get free ones from the local hospital or rely on free sample packages of diapers that are given away on a regular basis.

So there are ways already for them to get free diapers, but some idiot Democrat has decided it should our responsibility to provide them. Good lord, when will this stupidity end?
edit on 10/26/2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
If our govt has any chance whatsoever of not going broke the benefits need to start declining instead of increasing. Although at this point it really looks like they are intentionally trying to bankrupt the remaining 40-some percent of us that still pay taxes.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Cloth diapers are just too much work. Sure, they're cheaper but can we really expect people to wash them? Folks have a hard enough time washing their own clothes.

Not only are they cheaper but they're more "green." Why is CT demanding the federal government fund pollution? Doesnt CT like clean air and water? Damn you CT!

I say free range the babies. It's not like anybody picks up after their dog anyway. Just let the kid crap in the lawn, park, on the sidewalk, wherever.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Are you Fing kidding me? Let them go back to washable cloth diapers, my mother used them as did her mother, and all mothers before her. Cloth diapers worked for thousands of years, and they don't clog landfills so even the liberals should be able to get behind this idea.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
this is effing ridiculous!

if you can't afford to have a kid...don't have one! having kids is not some God given right that all should exercise as soon as they decide to have sex.

people should have their finances examined: if they've been broke since before they got pregnant, they shouldn't get free anything for their kids. wait until you are in a stable point in your life before you bring another life into the picture people. i'm going to quit working and start making money under the table...just so that my tax dollars don't get wasted on someone else's life.

this kinda # infuriates me! I SPECIFICALLY DO NOT HAVE A KID...BECAUSE I CAN'T PROVIDE FOR ONE. end of story. i mean...if you and your husband have had a steady, reliable income for a couple years and he up and lost his job while you were pregnant...i can MAYBE see this. but like...you're just some stupid 20something who got knocked up...no...your kid doesn't deserve a effing penny of mine.

i hate this free handout mentality the government has. i mean...i'm a felon. i am automatically excluded from certain government handouts...and others are difficult to get. why? i made a mistake when i was 19. but someone can go make a mistake one night when they're 20 and get free # for 18 years?
edit on 10/26/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I hate Diapers

How many Diapers get used and tossed daily? How many can be recycled? Yet, its a free for all.

The only time I see Diapers now is when someone throws it out a window

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'm so sick and tired of people who can't control their libidos reaching into my wallet. I'm not poor, but I'm not in a financial position to consider having children with my significant other. Do I get a check rewarding me for my fiscal responsibility? No! Would I even consider bringing a child into the world with at least the minimal resources required? No! Do I pity the parents with six kids who can't afford food? No - I pity their kids.

We must stop rewarding the weak and penalizing the strong or we'll never evolve much beyond the animals we behave like.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Nothing's ever free.

Any bets the government or whatever agency is planning this will be paying inflated prices for these turd catchers all because some lobbyist poked this little notion into somebody's ear and it grew from there into what it is today. Thegovernment is all quick and fast to spend when it isn't their money.

It's yours and mine, for cripe-sakes.

One need look no further than what military spending gets for the dollar to see that this is just another way for the corporate muckity mucks to hawk their wares knowing full well if the people can't afford them, the government will step in and whore themselves out in the name of some touchy-feely handout.

Sheesh.

top topics

join