It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 passenger planes report seeing ufo over town named after Yuri Gagarin in Russia..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ok.. i will start by a diclaimer, this story is from the sun.. I know many like myself dislike this publication, but it seemed an interesting story so im going to post it anyway.

most other sources i found link back to the sun anyway, so i will use it as my source..

SIX passenger planes reported seeing a UFO near a town named after Yuri Gagarin, the first man in space.

The pilot of a London to Moscow flight reported spotting a "burning object" followed by a smoke trail travelling at high speed over Gagarin, in western Russia.

An hour later six mysterious red dots were seen in the sky, hundreds of miles away in Siberia.

Anti sun comments are unnecessary.. im sure most are aware of this Murdoch publications credibility? i will search further for alternative sources and more information on the story, which i will add after..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

damn.. forgot to add a link to the story..

here it is..

link to the sun story..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Sadly the Sun article doesn't have that more information. But the fact that they are reporting that multiple people saw this may (considering source) lend some credibility here.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ark005
Sadly the Sun article doesn't have that more information. But the fact that they are reporting that multiple people saw this may (considering source) lend some credibility here.

thats what i thought, im still searching but cannot seem to find anymore information that doesnt lead back to the sun..

as you say the original article contains little information, especially as it claims six passenger planes saw this thing/things.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hmmm, I know The Sun is a tat paper they do seem to be the only red top that publishes UFO sightings, there would be no need to make it up.

The only other news story so far is from

www.daijiworld.com...

It looks like a copy and paste job from The Sun's article tbh.

Thanks for the heads up though, i'll keep my eyes peeled on other news relating to this.

October

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I used the www.yandex.ru search engine on the phrase
нло Гагарин

which is UFO Gagarin,

and got a link to the original Smolensk newspaper story, here
www.gorodnews.ru...

which has a photo -- not sure it's really of THIS event -- and
the coomment that the witnesses said it looked like an artillary shell in flight,
like a fireball meteor.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

If you want to follow this up you need to contact some researchers in Russia. I think Jim Oberg has contacts there. Why not U2U him?

ETA: He also reads Russian I believe so he's your man. I'll alert him to your thread.
edit on 26/10/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Oh, no need. You posted before I got round to replying.

Thanks Jim.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm more interested in sharing research techniques so anyone else can go and dig out the material...

I'm the go-to 'answer man' only for the astronaut stories! [grin]

You'll need to use a babelfish translator or similar tool....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

thanks for the input Pimander and also to you jim..

im not sure what to make of this story as i cannot find any more information other than what is in this thread..

guess will will have to wait and see if anything else arises..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
reply to post by Pimander

thanks for the input Pimander and also to you jim..

im not sure what to make of this story as i cannot find any more information other than what is in this thread..

guess will will have to wait and see if anything else arises..

Don't be so fatalistic. Go to the Russian media original sources, you will be rewarded.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

No need to thank me, I'm just trying to encourage. It's great that folks want to share leads as that is part of the purpose of ATS. On the other hand we need more members doing the more time consuming work of following them up. Hint, hint...

I am snowed under with research leads that I don't have the time to follow up. I can only discriminate and start focusing on what I see as the big ones.

Time is such a precious resource and the more of it that members can donate to the cause the better.

If you use firefox then install the "Quick Translate" add-on if you want to get a rough translation of Foreign news sources. If you get stuck you can always ask a Russian speaker to assist...
edit on 26/10/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Just my 2 cent but look like a meteor from picture

could be wong thou

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Hi all.

Funnily enough, that, if you use Google Translate on jim0berg's above link, is just what the Russia article concludes.

However there are also some comments on the article and one says

"Yeah, of course, a natural phenomenon, at the same time between Dorogobuzh and Vasya's 4 in the morning were recorded simultaneously and slowly falling spherical objects"

Is this all a lot of old spherical objects or are the Russians just as keen to cover these things up as the US and UK? :-)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
Just my 2 cent but look like a meteor from picture

could be wong thou

You can't assume the photo has anything to do with the story, unless the caption explicitly claims so.

Frequently on-line editors in Russia just grab handy images of dubious relevance and stick them above text.

new topics

top topics

join