It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran shot in the face by rubber bullet at Occupy Oakland protests

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapaEmeritus
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Civil war my ass!, gutless cowards dont own guns it will be a civil slaughter.

I've got guns, brother. I'm just not ready to use them on my fellow countrymen.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Please re-read my first and second post in this thread.

I said we've come to the point where talking has done as much as it can. Now is the time to organize effective and REAL protests by refusing to take part in the corrupt system. Now we withhold our taxes, we strike, we find effective ways to show that we're still here and still able to incite change without calling for violent revolution. We exhaust all these means before we even begin talking about bringing our guns.

Please read my posts also..
I stated that would take too long and probably wouldn't work..

The Government would work around the tax problem easy enough and strike you say??
You would starve to death before the Government does...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

well actually yeah..to me it is who started it..the protestors did not start firing tear gas and flash bangs into the police ranks....and if they did imagine the response from the authorities.......

this is well past a simple tit for tat squabble with siblings that can be sorted out witha harsh word of two...to even compare the two is lame

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Originally posted by PapaEmeritus

Civil war my ass!, gutless cowards dont own guns it will be a civil slaughter.

I've got guns, brother. I'm just not ready to use them on my fellow countrymen.

You don't have to "use" guns but a show of force certainly would change their tactics...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I'm already ahead of the masters and invested into emp devices, capable of powering down anything the police have.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

You need to accept that this is inevitable, and that the change we are calling for cannot be obtained through violence.

You are contradicting yourself.

These changes cannot be brought about by peaceful means either. So neither peace nor violence will work ... so all that you are in effect suggesting is accept the status quo, because it is so. Go home and accept what the police tell you to do.

That is your message. I object.

Throwing a flashbang intentionally at people assisting a wounded person is the lowest form of despicable ... those cops need to be hunted down and taken out one a time, maybe start with their families.

Sorry, but this IS personal, those cops MADE it personal. Now either they stand by their paymasters, or their communities, the choice is theirs.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Soo, some states are going into plan B, inciting violence to take away our constitutional rights to peaceful protest, still people doesn't get it, we are reaching a time in this nation that we are not longer demonstrating our disappointment against political corruption we are now fighting for our fundamental rights.

If we stop now, all we are going get is more laws eroding the same rights that we were given to fight back bad government, our nation will become a full blown corporate dictatorship, because they are the ones behind political whores in every state in this nation, their money goes from the highest to the lowest.

People should stand back and take a good look to what America the Free has become what we have allow our nation to become.

The same power that is pushing US into other nations and take away leaders and killing citizens in their way to power and control will have not problem or regrets turning against us in our own nation.

Plain and simple.
edit on 26-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

Reminds me of Umbrella Corp soldier's

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

You need to accept that this is inevitable, and that the change we are calling for cannot be obtained through violence.

You are contradicting yourself.

These changes cannot be brought about by peaceful means either. So neither peace nor violence will work ... so all that you are in effect suggesting is accept the status quo, because it is so. Go home and accept what the police tell you to do.

That is your message. I object.

Throwing a flashbang intentionally at people assisting a wounded person is the lowest form of despicable ... those cops need to be hunted down and taken out one a time, maybe start with their families.

Sorry, but this IS personal, those cops MADE it personal. Now either they stand by their paymasters, or their communities, the choice is theirs.

This isn't what I'm saying at all and your inability to understand what I'm calling for is the very reason I think we're all screwed.

Have you been to a protest? How many of you calling for violent retaliation are the same people actually out there trying to make a difference?

I DO NOT accept the status quo. I just don't think we're anywhere close to a point where violence is our only remaining option.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I could give a crap less about any of my countrymen who would stand against liberty.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I think that the protest will be also entering another stage in which we will be protecting to save exactly the same thing that gave us the right to protest, our constitutional rights are now in danger, our freedoms are now in jeopardy.

Liberties and freedoms in the US for Americas is starting to look very ugly. Veterans has been deceived soldiers are been deceived they are not fighting for our freedoms they are fighting for corporate dictatorship.

I wonder when the protest will be tagged illegal and the protesters insurgents after all that is the power that the patriot act gives to the political whores in Washington and in the states.

A while back when we were dissecting the patriot act in ATS and all the new laws that were passed under the Bush administration after 9/11 it was a group here that predicted the outcome of all those new laws, they were all for one purpose and it was not to fight terrorism but to open the door for more infringement on constitutional rights, I guess the prediction may become true, but at the time we were called anti Bush and anti war and most people were all for the new anti terrorism laws our own government is going to start fighting its own citizens and now they have all the ammunition to do it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Cops, by firing rubber bullets and tear gas into a peaceful gathering, committed hundreds of cases of felonious assault upon peaceful individuals.

But of course, no cops will go to jail for their felonies.

They also used flash bangs into crowds. Explosives. Anyone doing that would be charged with terrorism. But not cops. They are above the law. Flash bangs, per the ATF, are considered a ``destructive device``... using them especially in a crowd, can and (sometimes) causes injuries.

If an ordinary person would have done that, he would have been charged with terrorism, bet on it.

Those cops are FELONS. Plain and simple. When cops are felons, the country has no longer a rule of law (which it has lost for a while now) and that means tyranny. And under tyranny, why should people follow the laws?

Nice cops...
Eight New York policemen charged in gun smuggling ring

Eight New York City policemen were charged on Tuesday with helping run a gun-smuggling ring in a city whose mayor, Michael Bloomberg, is leading a national campaign against illegal guns.

edit on 26-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Cops, by firing rubber bullets and tear gas into a peaceful gathering, committed hundreds of cases of felonious assault upon peaceful individuals.

But of course, no cops will go to jail for their felonies.

They also used flash bangs into crowds. Explosives. Anyone doing that would be charged with terrorism. But not cops. They are above the law. Flash bangs, per the ATF, are considered a ``destructive device``... or a bomb.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

By the DHS definition surely they would be classed as WMD's actually.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

No, they would be classified as small arms.

A weapon of mass destruction (WMD) is a weapon that can kill and bring significant harm to a large number of humans (and other life forms) and/or cause great damage to man-made structures (e.g. buildings), natural structures (e.g. mountains), or the biosphere in general. The scope and application of the term has evolved and been disputed, often signifying more politically than technically. Coined in reference to aerial bombing with chemical explosives, it has come to distinguish large-scale weaponry of other technologies, such as chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear. This differentiates the term from more technical ones such as chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear weapons (CBRN).

edit on 26-10-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I was being sarcastic..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I am absolutely HORRIFIED by the actions of the police forces! What the Rambo hell do they think they were doing?

It is one thing to arrest unarmed citizens in a peaceful protest, if the police can spare that many hours of paperwork in handling such cases, the labor, the handcuffs, the logistics, etc. As long as no brutality is involved, it is fully acceptable to all, whom will file out from the police station and retake their positions again till they are heard by the gov leaders.

BUT QUITE ANOTHER to use lethal weapons, bombs and grenades upon unarmed civilians, let alone their own fellow countryman, worse if some get hurt or paralyzed by it!

It is with immense grief as I watched the videos of brutality upon peaceful protesters who are merely voicing out their concerns as a right granted by the Constitution, for both the masses and the police forces. Retribution is real, and may those cops involved whom justified their brutality through pure sadism, find peace one day for what they had done.

They only need to ask the soldiers who followed orders during the MyLai massacre in Vietnam what happened to them in the following years It may not be as merciful as what happened to Gaddafi, for his end was quick under mortal hands. Retribution when come from above is prolong and painful...

Perhaps the order came from their corporate masters who wants to lay out the cards now to call the OWS protestors bluff, that the OWS folks will disband obediently like sheeps, just like everywhere else when police brutality is forced upon the masses?

I personally would recommend all stay home then, than to see another fellow human being hurt or harmed. Chaos is but only one way to be heard, and the police's actions are a direct challenge for society to return in similar form as they were treated.

But there are many other ways to be heard, intelligently, than to visit violence upon violence. Defiance can hit the elites where it will hurt them the most - socially, politically and economically, without any loss of precious human lives.

If the gov leaders prefers to force tyranny upon the masses, then it will be game set and matched, and as history of our civilisation had proven, tyranny will always lose out in the end, no matter how long it takes, and tyrants bodies will never be allowed to be rest in peace even after generations had passed.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Man, that camera was shaking so much you can't tell what happened and what didn't. Someone needs to tell this protesters if you want good footage take a damn tripod and use it.

On the other hand getting shot anywhere in the head with a rubber bullet is very very dangerous. I worked as a correctional officer for a prison in kentucky when i was in my 20's and we were told specifically not to aim at their heads, only center mass because a headshot can be fatal because it can cause injury to the brain and make it hemorragh and swell.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

It is one thing to arrest unarmed citizens in a peaceful protest, if the police can spare that many hours of paperwork in handling such cases, the labor, the handcuffs, the logistics, etc. As long as no brutality is involved, it is fully acceptable to all, whom will file out from the police station and retake their positions again till they are heard by the gov leaders.

IMO it's not acceptable at all..
Of all the people that have been arrested do you realize how so few have actually been charged??

The majority,as you state,are released without charge and go back to the protests..

But isn't everyone of them a "false arrest" case waiting to happen?
The police must therefore be aware that they are arresting people without cause and that is scary..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc
The more peaceful resistance, the more violent the response will continue to get. They're evil, and it's in their nature. It's just finally so obvious that many "average joes" are finally going...

Umm... wait a minute...
Im going to comment on this statement of yours.
I haven't made any comments regarding these protests as far as i can remember ...but they are not going away soon .

Its true that being peacefull people actually provokes violence in the brute , Thats how their minds work. They see it as easy kill.
They are like dogs in a pack , hunting . It all very primal stuff.

So realistically dont protest at all . You will get hurt badly if you are peacefull.

If you are going to a fight then you need to fight in the way they understand , otherwise dont bother .
Just let the whole damn thing go to hell .

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
New Occupy Anthem. Ron Paul remix

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join