It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran shot in the face by rubber bullet at Occupy Oakland protests

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
vimeo.com...reply to post by FugitiveSoul

It is notable that not one police officer (or police medic) came forward to assist Marine vet Scott Olsen.

The video below is of Navy veteran Joshua Shepherd, who was also present in Oakland.

edit on 27-10-2011 by earth2mayavision because: corected link

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2mayavision
vimeo.com...reply to post by FugitiveSoul

It is notable that not one police officer (or police medic) came forward to assist Marine vet Scott Olsen.

yes, that is certainly notable. I happened across this gem a while ago. In particular, take a look at paragraph "e":

Below is section two from the Oakland Police Training Bulletin.

b. The use of Direct Fired SIM must cease when the violent or destructive actions cease. These weapons must not be used for the purpose of apprehension or to otherwise prevent escape unless escape would present a substantial risk of continued imminent threat to loss of life or serious bodily injury.

c. Members shall only deploy Direct Fired SIM during a demonstration or crowd event under the direction of a supervisor. Oakland Police Department, 28 Oct 05 17

d. When circumstances permit, the supervisor on the scene shall make an attempt to accomplish the policing goal without the use of Direct Fired SIM as described above, and, if practical, an audible warning shall be given to the subject before deployment of the weapon.

e. Any person struck by a round shall be transported to a hospital for observation and any necessary treatment. Ambulance service, if required, shall be ordered per General Order I-4. First aid, when necessary, shall be administered per Training Bulletin III-K.

f. No member shall use Direct Fired SIM without formal training.

g. Direct Fired SIM shall not be used against a person who is under restraint.

h. Members shall not discharge a Direct Fired SIM at a person’s head, neck, throat, face,
left armpit, spine, kidneys, or groin unless deadly force would be justified

www.theblaze.com...
edi t on 27-10-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Thank you for posting that---it is a gem.

It is clear that the Oakland Police Department must be thoroughly investigated.

BTW, officers from several surrounding cities (as far away as Vacaville!) were called in as "back up." This needs to be investigated as well, IMHO.

We paid for the following agencies which attacked Occupy Oakland all of which claim to have a budget crisis: 1. Oakland PD, 2 Alameda Sheriff, 3. Berkeley PD 4. University of California PD 5. Hayward PD, 6. Fremont PD., 7. San Leandro PD., 8. Pleasanton PD, 9. Emeryville PD., 10. Newark PD., 11. Solano Cty-Vacaville police, 12. Alameda PD 13. Cal Highway Patrol 14. Santa Clara Sheriffs 15. San Francisco Sheriffs 16. San Jose Police

I was pleased to see that the media anchor highlighted agent provacateurs trying to cause trouble: "..but tell me, have you seen people in the crowd who are 'troublemakers'; for lack of a better term, 'professional rabble rousers'...?"

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
My god, it's all gone mad. I knew it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So truth and rationality win after all.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the answer, not bringing your guns and playing Rambo.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eye of Horus
Last month I gave folks 5 things which would help them if the cops got ugly. I got all kinds of nasty notes saying I was the enemy, etc, etc, etc. And now if you had taken my advice and used the 5 simple things, then you wouldn't be in this predicment. Cause american cops would never fire tear gas or rubber bullets at defensless protestors. oh the horror.

Well it happened just like I said it would happen. I hope some of you dig up the 5 things I listed.
all I can say is if your not prepared for something then when stuff does happen your sol.

::wanders off cause they should have listened::
::

You certainly did post a list of things that would have helped those people in Oakland quite a bit the night this happened. I had to look back in my U2U outbox to insure you were the same person, but indeed..I'd sent you a back message thanking you for the advice.

I took what you suggested in building a small pack along with my other gear before I went to St Louis. It gave me comfort, even if I never needed the gear there. Thanks for the prescient warning, and perhaps now people will go back and reread what you posted back there and re-consider your words into the future. I wasn't sure you weren't being a little paranoid...but again, I'm glad I didn't ignore the advice, either.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join