It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran shot in the face by rubber bullet at Occupy Oakland protests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

So when are those protesters are gonna go where they are really needed? In Washington DC? OCCUPY THE WHITE HOUSE. OCCUPY CONGRESS.

Without congress and the White House to protect and be the banksters puppets, none of this would have happened in the first place.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
sure goes beyond a slap in the face

for 'serving' our country.

be, all you can be..

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They'll brush it off as an accident but you gotta ask,

WTF are they doing with these weapons at a peaceful protest??

I know here in Melbourne there are calls for an investigation into the use of horses during the protests..
It's pretty clear that using horses to push through crowds is an accident waiting to happen..

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I'm absolutely shocked at the polices response. Tear Gas and rubber bullets against a majority of peaceful protesters. It is completely unacceptable, yet I fear some on ATS will defend or justify the polices actions

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
i really didnt think this movement would escalate the way it has,...these kinds of incidents are really going to turn those sparks into some serious flames....scary..........as much as i hate corporate greed i fear we are playing into their hands....money is what drives greed ...if only there was a way on mass for the people to starve them at their own game.....i realise its not practical but if only we could just get togethor,stop paying taxes..period,grow our own foods ,become a self sufficeint society...i know im a dreamer

peace

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
If this quy is a veteran, veterans should be outraged over this incident. I'm not saying however, that people shouldn't be outraged even if he wasn't a veteran.

Is anybody else thinking what I'm thinking that these videos of police cracking down on peaceful protestors in the U.S. will be shown in countries like Iran, China, Syria and other brutal regimes to justify their crack downs on their protestors?

It will show how hypocritical the U.S. is, and add more fuel to the argument that the U.S. is no different when it comes to human rights violations. The U.S. with all its foreign occupations, wars and constitutional violations has lost its "self-righteous" standing in the world.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well, you know what happens next:

The police force have "lost" the moral highground. If protestors continue in peace, then they will have better footing for when the next push comes.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Im sorry, but its time to start fighting back. The constitution demands people take up arms and I thinks thats what they should now do. Its obvious that TPTB dont care at all about constitutional rights, and that the only thing we have to look forward to is more violence from the criminal ruling classes. Its time to remove them from power IMHO.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I'm worried that when police start seriously abusing people, (like now), that some people nursing their rubber bullet injuries will be looking upon the police from a 3rd story window somewhere using a sniper rifle..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
If this all does take a violent turn, ending in civil war or such, then it won't certainly be because the protesters escalated it.

I seriously worry how much longer we can keep the movement peaceful.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
need a modern Robert E. Lee

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
To begin to understand what a government under duress is capable of, look no further than Bloody Sunday in Northern Ireland.
This is no different, rubber bullet is a soft name for a dense solid piece of high density plastic 3inches long an inch and a half wide.
It takes effort to make a scratch in one of these things, these are not "Non Lethal" weapons, they are, in unfortunate circumstances, capable of being as lethal as any kind of "Bullet"

These are Riot control munitions, i fail to see where the riot is.
People seem to be doing their very best to maintain order amongst themselves and are not attacking the police.
It is the other way round and the police are out of control with the backing of the "law".

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
need a modern Robert E. Lee

no, we don't. Remember the South lost the war...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I was hoping nothing of this sorts would happen, this is not a good thing....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

rubber bullet is a soft name for a dense solid piece of high density plastic 3inches long an inch and a half wide.
It takes effort to make a scratch in one of these things, these are not "Non Lethal" weapons, they are, in unfortunate circumstances, capable of being as lethal as any kind of "Bullet"

Yes and we now know who fired the first shot..

I'd hate to see it happen but who could now honestly blame the protesters if they armed themselves for defensive purposes??

IMO the Government has now set the tone..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Did you really think a government that routinely violates human rights and international law around the world on a daily basis would allow protest no matter how peaceful it is ?
Looks like the kid gloves are coming off and the clampdown tightening there in amerika..
Also - it was a human being shot in the face why should it matter his past occupation ? Or have things suddenly changed and veterans get a golden pass in amerika now ? Time people realise all are human and need to stand together against the corrupt old bastards who are destroying the world to satisfy there own greed.. Not keep dividing and weakening themselves..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I think its high time for the State Militias to get involved.

Our military is obviously spread throughout the world fighting Obamas wars, so they wont be much good
with these protests since they have spread all over.

Call me crazy.
But this Police Abuse sickens me, and it needs to end.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Yep state militias and armed veterans should go in front of protests with guns and see if the cops keep acting like tough guys.

I bet they wouldn't.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The more peaceful resistance, the more violent the response will continue to get. They're evil, and it's in their nature. It's just finally so obvious that many "average joes" are finally going...

Umm... wait a minute...

+27 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

A civil war in US is currently brewing silently in the shadows. When the first victim in #Occupywallstreet dies under the brutality of the NYPD and it is a matine vet be assured that blood will flow on the streets. Bankers will be dragged out into the streets and hanged by the lampposts. Police will be facing a warrior class of eager and humiliated vets from IRAQ covering for their friends with real weapons against these white shirted thugs of the TPTB.
Members from the congress will be tracked down and shot. Other ex-politicians and CEO:s of ultra large corporations will hide and desperatly try to set american against american.

The super rich and the upper elite of the ultra-rich (Rothchilds, vanderbilds, Bauer, Rockefellers, Bushs) will flee the country in their private jets and land on the bahamas, the caymans and other paradise resorts where they have sufficient funds to ride out the storm with a gin tonic and a grin while the middle class is slaughtering eachother in a diversed cloud of political insanity and financial turmoil .

Unless ppl do not gather around a few good points with the military behind them to protect the ppl against their own corrupt government chaos will ensue. Very soon on a street near your own place.

Just look at Greece that is currently imploding with its first victim on the syntagma sqr. Do you really believe this cannot happen in NYC and washington?

As I said...there is a smell of civil war. The pieces are set on the chess board. he game is on. All are about to feel the pain from this modern age Rome that is about to fall, not from an enemy outside but from decades of corruption within.
edit on 26-10-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join