It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm afraid to go back to sleep. Someone please help me understand what the hell just happened!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm in near tears right now. I'm beyond confused, a little angry, and oh so very tired but I'm afraid to go back to sleep. I don't know what to think. I woke up a short while ago with a bout of sleep paralysis. It's not a new phenomenon for me and I've written a little about it in another thread, here. This time left me particularly shook. So I was laying there paralyzed, staring at the wall, and suddenly I feel this energy behind me. I couldn't see what it was but it grabbed me from behind and dragged me across the room. I don't mean my physical body because moments later I was back in my bed still paralyzed, but my spirit body. It felt very very real and I was screaming in my head "NO! NO! NO!" the whole time.

Now here is the thing that gets me. I'm back in my bed after being dragged, scared sh**less. I can still feel this being behind me. I get the idea that maybe, just maybe, if I don't act fearful I won't experience fearful things. Well, I try to express love instead of fear. Not the easiest thing to do given the situation but I try anyway. When I do I experience a VERY, VERY pronounced shift in energy unlike anything I've ever experienced before. It was an intense physical sensation. My entire body felt like pins and needles, like being in an encasing static cloud. It was nearly painful and not pleasant at all. Still now I can feel this feeling slightly, most significantly in my hands and legs. When I stopped expressing love the sensation stopped. I briefly experimented with other emotions to see what effects they produced, but there really was none.

I don't know what to think. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Can anyone fill me in on what might have just happened? I thought love was a good thing...I know it is, so why such an unsettling energetic reaction? I just don't understand and that's the most frustrating thing about this whole situation.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erowynn
My entire body felt like pins and needles, like being in an encasing static cloud. It was nearly painful and not pleasant at all.

I've had that many times.

My best advice to you friend, is to understand that the concept of good and evil is the epitome of evil.

Allow this negative energy to do what it will, and you will realize that it is powerless. The worlds in chaos, the negative energy is booming across the planet, negative entities are in a heightened period of time. Weird to, because I've seen a few people explain situations like these the past few days here on ATS.

Just accept what ever it is, and don't deny it and try not to be fearful. Approach it with a neutral basis, and with harmony in your heart and you will block out this energy naturally.

Take a warm shower, be comfy, light a candle.

Heck, throw this on...

www.rainymood.com... + endlessvideo.com... @ the same time.

Relax.

All is well, you are safe. Love and light.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Be cool and chillax. Don't worry about it too much. I know it's scary, but I have the same problem from time to time. It's just sleep paralysis; that's all. (link to sleep paralysis article)Nothing supernatural is after you or anything like that.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
nvm..
edit on 10/26/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Erowynn

Hi, Ero,

That is Jesus saving you.

Thank you Jesus.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Sleep paralysis or 'night terrors'. You are lucky in that you awakened from it to recognize the condition. I sleep through most of mine, and wake up afterwards completely soaked in sweat.

I saw my physician, and he prescribed a mild sedative taken just before bedtime. That solved the problem for me.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I've had sleep paralysis happen to me twice and it scared the $hit out of me. My advice is think and say positive things and your fear will melt away. Fear is the mind killer, Example: After watching a scary movie at 3 am with the lights off, going from my room to the kitchen for a drink a lot of scary things are now racing thru my thoughts. I personally chant peace and love and my fear simply goes away. Positive words and thoughts are extremely powerful and will always help. I've been doing this for a while now and it definitely works.
edit on 26-10-2011 by abilitiy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
If this sort of thing happened to me I'd make sure I'm always getting enough daily exercise so by the end of the day when it's bed time I have no energy, my bodies completely tired and relaxed and I have great full-night sleep.

How is it avoided? Sleep paralysis can be obviated by regular exercise and a life style devoid of stress and strain. Adopting proper sleeping postures and avoiding sleeping in the supine position improves not only the quality of sleep but recovers the body the moment the brain awakes. The dream images are switched off by the brain along with instructions to the body muscles to arise because sleep is over. There is now no paralysis because there is perfect co-ordination between the neurons in the brain and the muscles of the individual.This underlines the importance of regular exercise in our lives. It also confirms the fact that those of us who play games and exercise sleep better and enjoy a better quality of life.

www.soundsleeping.org...

edit on 26-10-2011 by Realm52 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I used to get the feeling of an entity dragging me, too. They would try to push me through the wall and ceiling, while all the while implying the walls and ceiling were not real.
I used to just call them "The Invisibles", way before the comic came out.
I finally got rid of them by saying "I'll do it myself!" and astrally walked through the wall.
Never bothered me after that.

I'm aware it's sleep paralysis, I'm aware that I was having a very vivid dream, but that's what worked at the time.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Erowynn

I've never experienced sleep paralysis before, but a few nights ago I was laying in bed awake and experienced something like sleep paralysis. All of a sudden I had this really terrible feeling and this sinister force came over me. It felt as if it was engulfing me and literally trying to tear my soul from my body. I had the distinct feeling I was being "taken away". I had a strong burst of fear as I realized what was happening and started to open my eyes. Then I just stopped fighting it. I tried to remain perfectly calm and the force quickly went away. It's impossible to describe what it really felt like. It was a horrible feeling, nothing like I've ever felt before.
edit on 26-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
You have nothing to fear my friend, It sounds like you were having an obe. since you were talking about it was your spirit and not physically body you were in, you must know about astral projecting then. I've experienced the sensation (sleep paralysis) your talking about and it is extremely scary I must say but you must remember what ever grabbed you it cannot hurt you under any circumstance. All people go through SP before there body goes to sleep but when your awake through it, it can be frightening. Just be happy and positive whatever you saw or felt cannot hurt you but only scare you. Remember that you are stronger and try researching on the SP and OBE Incase it happens again, after all knowledge is power. Try and get some sleep and just know nothing when your in an AP/OBE can hurt you. Much love blazer =D

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The only wat to be released from terrors is to pray. Jesus will release you from this satanic attack.
You know in your heart its satanic. Turn to Jesus.
It has worked for me

www.demonbuster.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Just to clarify, you think the the experience the op was having was Jesus saving them??

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Please.....dragged? Im calling bullsnip....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I've had plenty of things much weirder than her story occur to me. Do I expect you to believe it? Nope.

Doesn't mean you have to be a narcissist.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
theres LOTS of dark energy / evil surfacing and manifesting in this world.

alot of this is being projected by others. and/or, they are draining our positive energy.

when this happens, and the dark entity is threatening literally to take my soul during a sleep paralysis episode,

PRAYING is the only thing that stops the episode as soon as possible. i used to talk/reason with the entity but that just feeds it energy, you have to cast it away and regain your conscious spirit by calling upon our higher power, our Creator.

the entity like all entities, must answer to our Creator and doesnt like being reminded of that

by the way, it lives, tbrives, breeds upon FEAR. so, fear not my child!

sweet dreams dear.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Greply to post by Erowynn

Had similar experience last year, made a thread about it. there are some worthy threads on the the subject here that at least break down what it is and how natural it is and how it happens to everyone literaly every night they sleep, except their mind and body are on the same page - asleep.

Dont know how consistent it occurs or how for some but causes include a change in sleep behavior or routine, or change in lifestyle (dramatic changes). My advice for dealing with it and for the few and only times it happened to me last year, is to know its an illusion, albeit a strong one, and to know there isnt anything there, no matter how convincing your spacial awareness is. As for the out of body feeling you had of getting dragged, im not sure how to approach that. I would recommend you not anticipate a happening just based off of your fear though. -

people actually take advantage of this so that they can awaken out of body (essentially be dreaming) but with better recall and vividness than lucid dreams.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
reply to post by amongus

I've had plenty of things much weirder than her story occur to me. Do I expect you to believe it? Nope.

Doesn't mean you have to be a narcissist.

If you're gonna call the guy something, you should at least use the correct word...I guess you don't know what a 'narcissist' is

Narcissist
noun
1.a person who is overly self-involved, and often vain and selfish.
2.Psychoanalysis. a person who suffers from narcissism, deriving erotic gratification from admiration of his or her own physical or mental attributes.
SOURCE

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your scary experience. I've been experienced sleep paralysis for over 10 years now, less frequently in the last years but still happen. I've never experienced anything scary like you did thought, never felt a presence near me while in this state.

But I also have this frequent sleep problem where when I'm just about to lose consciousness to sleep I fell a very strong electric current in my brain, not letting me go to sleep. Just like if "something" doesnt wants me to go to sleep. when this happen, no matter how long I try to fall asleep, the electric current is coming back, sometime up to 10-15 times until I finally give up and try doing something else for some time and I can generally fall asleep after a few hours. I wouldn't call this experience scary, this is really annoying and frustrating because it hurts and won't let me sleep...

All this to say sleep is a really complex phenomenon, where all kind of experience can happen (real and unreal). when this happen to you maybe try to relax in a hot bath, removing the stress from you body, and maybe you'll sleep better? Good luck.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Erowynn

I'm just going to take a stab in the dark and tell you what my intuition tells me about this situation. Perhaps when you started to change your own polarity (shifting from fear/anger to love/understanding), it would obviously create resistance to the opposite force. Pins and needles, though uncomfortable, is hardly unbearably painful. With some practice and sustained effort, you should become more adept and perhaps shift your whole energetic vibration to a higher state, thereby warding off or entirely preventing this sort of attack in the future. At the very least, it's a good exercise to strengthen your willpower.

I have to say that although I've had visitations from all sorts of beings over the years, I've never felt fear so I can't say what this would be like. Perhaps because I don't experience fear in these matters is why I don't have night terrors or even nightmares. I haven't had since I was a kid. That was quite a while ago.

When Love doesn't produce the result you expect, that doesn't mean it's powerless or wrong. It's just that you have predetermined expectations and when things don't match that expectation, you assume it's not working. Do you know what was happening to the entity behind you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join