It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOUD rumbling noises in night sky above Brisbane Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

well plenty of aircraft fly over our house, and i saw/heard the whole squadron of those army jets that flew over recently (did you know about that?). But this noise doesn't really sound anything like that.

don't think i live near any army bases. i'm on the southside in bushland.

Your previous description places you reasonably close to here...

RAAF Base

... or maybe, could it be this??

Many storm cells have been developing from the S/W in the evenings/early mornings recently.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Perhaps because: typo

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

Glasshouse Mountains, and yes I'm sure the OP knows what the trains sound like. It can carry quite a distance some nights but it comes and goes. Not like the sound described. I was just having a joke. Maybe the C17's have been doing circuits, especially while the Queen was here?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
OMG! I can hear it right now! There's even strange flashes in the sky and these clear wet drops falling down too! :O

Sorry for the sarcasm, but it's storm season, last night at 1-2am my fiancé, myself and my daughter were awoken by bucketing rain & thunder, same again tonight but earlier
I'd love to believe what you're talking about is 'the' noise everyone keeps mentioning, but since I'm IN Brisbane and KNOW its storming, I can't.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenius
reply to post by Anusuia

Glasshouse Mountains, and yes I'm sure the OP knows what the trains sound like. It can carry quite a distance some nights but it comes and goes. Not like the sound described. I was just having a joke. Maybe the C17's have been doing circuits, especially while the Queen was here?
they look like pyrimids . They have a very strange vibes coming from them whenever I have ventured that way . Kinda spooky . are there any tale attached to them and what is the aboriginal folklaw about them .

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Im up late at the hour in question . Went outside some 160 ks south of Brisbane area . I dont hear anything .

Only the occasional possum thumping over the roof . But ..if you are hearing a low humming sound then that would be HAARP raining down on us as lately the atmosphere has been thick with the particulate matter they put up there .

And a lot of the short trails are being laid in the sky by something . I actually briefly glimpsed one craft that had just laid one out . It was almost invisile except it caught the sun light reflecting of it and showed up , but not as a jet liner.
maybe a hologramme as some suggest . it vanished very quickly . Anyway point is that the air is laden with this junk lately and now you hear a noise . so there you have it . Expect devastating flood agains this year in our food basket areas

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Reply to post by rapunzel222

I was having my doubts regarding all the reports of "sounds" being heard, but I also have heard a "sound" that I was unable to identify. I live near railroad tracks and planes fly over my home frequently and there are 3 busy roads surrounding me, but this noise wasn't the usual ruckus, the sound i heard sounded mechanical and appeared to be all around me, and above me. I could not pinpoint the origin of the noise like I can with traffic and trains and planes. It lasted about 5 minutes and slowly faded away. I am in North Carolina btw. Anyone who could provide me some insight would be appreciated. I do not want to say this but I will, for a few seconds it sounded like it was all in my head, like I was in an oil drum, to the point I felt dizzy, but that is also when I was looking upwards.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I live in Ede, The Netherlands and for the past few days and nights I've, as usual, gone outside for a smoke and i kept hearing these rumbling noises 2 nights ago. But it was cloudy as hell so i went inside because i thought it was gonna rain and storm. But nothing, oddly .. so just now i went outside and it is really clear and the rumbling noise went on for about a minute .. I ruled out jets because the noise is too constant, it should fade away and it doesn't. It stops abruptly. So now I read it's happening everywhere? That's odd to me. What i hear is not, and i say this with full conviction:
- a storm
- a jet
- a train

P.s.i can hear it as i type this with my window open ..
edit on 27-10-2011 by mangojuice because: p.s.

edit on 27-10-2011 by mangojuice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

sorry, don't get your little joke there.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

yep the way you describe it sounds like what i heard. glad someone else has heard it too.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

do you really think i could be screwed making a forum topic about thunder?

i'm thirty one years old and have been through plenty of thunder storms.

don't care if you believe me or not. no need to insult my intelligence thanks.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

oh eff off.

this forum gives me the s...ts.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Yeah, how about no. What, did you expect? that maybe you'd be the only person on here posting from SEQ so people would believe you and give you plenty of stars and flags? I dont see how you can DARE tell me to f*** off when I said I'd like to believe you (I would like to hear it myself too) but like others also said it WAS storming at the EXACT time you said you heard it. You can't get your knickers in a twist when people talk in facts. Geez If the forum gives you the s***s because people don't believe everything you say, go post on GLP or somewhere else crap.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I heard it too..I was at the Marina at Jacobs Well, just south of Brisbane about 845pm local time on 18/1/12. I heard what sounded like faint thunder in the distance to the SSE of Brisbane. But it was unlike any thunder that I had heard before. It was deep and reverberating. With a volume and frequency that rose and fell. It kind of sounded like someone dragging something heavy like a fridge or table along concrete..It would move then stop, move then stop...Sound then stop, sound then stop. I thought nothing much of it until today. We have two German Shepherds. Both Males, the older one is getting a little frightened of storms as he gets older. Yesterday he came to the back door and went "Nuts" trying to get in... No storm..He did it again today... He is desperate to get in...There is no storm. at 245pm this afternoon I heard / felt it again. That same noise. When you hear it you know that you have heard it. But you need to be in a relatively quiet area. I started to search the internet today...I found a site called disclosure TV. They have a recording of it from all over the world. The first one they play is exactly what I heard... Sam, the older dog seems to know it is coming about 10 - 15 mins before I hear it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
West Yorkshire (N UK) here. I live in a rural location. There isn't even a road outside my house. A couple of mornings ago I was woken up at about 3am by what I thought at first was thunder but usually we just get bursts of thunder and this was continuous and slightly different. It went on for ages. I'm 61 and I've heard nothing like it before. I could kick myself now for not looking outside but at the time I was actually frightened. I don't have any recording devices but hopefully I'm going to get something next week. All recommendations for budget equipment gratefully received!
edit on 22-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

THESE SOUNDS ARE NOTHING NEW

When i was a kid over fifty years ago i used to stop at my grandparents been the first born id spoiled rotten anyway i used to sleep on a mattress next my nan who slept on the studio couch in them days the toilet would be outside it was early in the morning around three thirty and just getting light id pass the stairs the get to next room to get out to the toilet what was strange id hear this droaning or a humming noise accompained with an echo it was quite erry and scary this happened on several occassions and other times there was nothing different about the early moring it was not until i started viewing the utube videos that i remembered the event in my life what ever this is not of earthly origin one can speculate what it is. All i can say they have come back

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Hi i was wondering about that too been a possible cause electromagnetic effect to i was viewing the videos on utube and the sounds are close to the ones i remember as a kid i,ve nothing if there has been noise disturbances i've not thought about it as we get aircraft traveling across to the nearby airport on approach etc anyway happy hunting

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
On Monday night approximately 10:30 pm ,21, Jan, 2013. Myself and my partner heard a deep rumbling sound, seemed to be coming from the sky. I have lived near airports all my life, so I know what an aircraft sounds like, so don't even bother with that one. I asked her if she could hear that noise,she said yes, what is it ?. I went outside to have a look, I looked in the direction that the noise seemed to be coming from,NE, and nothing. The sky was clear, with many stars. NO aircraft lights were visible, and I looked for sometime for aircraft, but did not see any. All the time the rumbling continued, for I guess2-3 minutes, and then gradually faded. I asked a friend that lives in a nearby suburb if he had heard any noise on Monday night, not putting any idea's into his head, he said " I heard a rumbling sound during the night", he said he thought it was an earthquake.. so at least there was some one else that heard it. He described it to me and it was the same noise. So anybody else in South Australia hear this?.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Old thread I know.

I heard this noise about 30mins ago (2:30am) in Brisbane.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join