It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARTIAL LAW Happening Now! Introduced throughout USA Cities thru 'Occupy' Protests - As Planned.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
can you believe DIRECTED ENERGY WEAPONS are now being used on the public by local police?

what's next, machine guns & grenades?

the video coverage speaks for itself.

"Police used tear gas, concussion bombs, direct sound weapons, and rubber bullets to break up peaceful protestors who are participating in a classic "sit in" protest.

Message to mayors, city councils, police chiefs and street cops of America: it is NOT UP TO YOU whether or not Americans get to peacably gather, protest, discuss, play music, use megaphones, or wear masks. It's up to a document, ratified 224 years ago, called the US CONSTITUTION."

edit on 26-10-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Hi ig,

This is frightening.

Whatever happened to peaceful protests?

It seems the powers want us all dead.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hi IG

Why dont we just protest the real issues?
Not worry about violence?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by ignant

Hi ig,

This is frightening.

Whatever happened to peaceful protests?

It seems the powers want us all dead.

some people misunderstand me, cuz i said protesters they don't want to work, they want to bring the world down

i'm not blaming the people for what's happening, although they are responsible for their actions yes each individually, whether protester, police/swat/military officer, or ruling elite including Bush, Obama, Rothschilds.

i do blame our Police State government for orchestrating all this, and its a bloody shame 99% society is dumbed down, the PLAN WILL WORK because they take the bait and feed into the chaos and pandemonium thats developing - yesterday NYC, today Oakland/SF, tomorrow another couple cities and so this will go down until all over America looks like the above videos, add bodies & FEMA on the scene to due with mass disposal.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
What did you expect?
How did you really think this was going to end? That the banks and government would just capitulate to the multitude of often contradictory demands? Or just send in the riot piloice and clear the streets? I'd be surprised if they even know what the demands are. I'm still trying to work out what the point of OWS is.

The US isn't used to protesting. Look what happens in Europe every time there is a strike.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindweaver
Why dont we just protest the real issues?
Not worry about violence?

I've been wondering this for a while now.
Everyone wants to talk about the police violence, but every minute that you do, is a minute that you are NOT discussing how to make the protests more effective.
All this police violence, arrests etc... are in no way helpful to achieving any kind of goal. So why expend any energy on it?

How about this for an idea...
- obey the law
- come up with a plan
- follow that plan while obeying the law
- dont get sidetracked.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Regardless of anyone's opinion of the un-organized demands coming from this protest so far.....

I don't like hearing things like I did just now at around 2 min 38 seconds in the second video:

" Occupy demonstrators were told the plaza would be a "free speech" space until 10:00pm"

"Free speech space"?? Now, I've heard of these so-called "free speech zones" in passing before, (haven't taken it too seriously as of yet) but oh, I sure hope that is something the reporters just made up and not an "official statement" by the police. If we keep hearing terms like this getting thrown around then we may have ourselves a little more than kids banging on bongos in the park on our hands....
edit on 26-10-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Well police brutality is an issue in itself, that is a formidable problem, and important thing to talk about.
The thing is, if they hadn't been following the law, what you said would be 100% correct, but they have. No peaceful protest that respects property laws (no vandalizing etc.) should be broken up thru police force

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
tear gas use has also been reported

in Albuquerque NM protests

edit on 26-10-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It was inevitable that these protesters sitting around doing nothing and getting nothing done, in their own filth, would get fed up at this directionless movement and get violent in the end. It's what their handlers have been grooming them for all along.

Besides, Obama just announced he's giving relief for student loan debt so they will be sent packing to go home, erect a shrine to him and bow down like good little voters.

Now Obama can call up G.W. to borrow his Mission Accomplished banner.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
In all fairness I need to add something here. I wasn't in Oakland, but I was watching it all night on Livestream and the various media helicopters running over it for most of the event. Granted, the media helicopters had a rather odd habit of going to refuel right before something happened...or maybe visa versa for cause and effect, but it showed the build up.

What I saw down there was two things. First, a line of cops against a few hundred people pressing in and slowly creeping right up to the barricades. I.E....very nervous if not scared (at a couple points) police. That is never a good thing.

I also noticed on a radio scanner site that carries Department alerts and warnings like road closures or major activity alerts, that Oakland PD had put out a 'Multi-County Tactical Alert' for a Riot In Progress involving 500+ people. That went out early in the evening...which tells me they really thought they were outnumbered at several to 1. The Alert just put every department within several cities in all directions on alert to send more on a moments notice, and it shows their thinking.

I'm just wondering, what would have been so wrong about breaking off and dispersing for the evening without pushing the cops into gassing everyone a half dozen times or more? Many decry the police, and that side has fair points too...but it takes 2 sides for this kind of fight, and the protesters could have de-escalated just as easily since they were trying to get back into the park, not stay where they already were like happens in a raid.

If this is to have any chance at all...peace has got to be the first and last plan for how OWS acts. The more force used, the more peaceful we all have to stay. If force continues without it being returned, it makes those using it look like true brutal animals and not simply responding to what some would debate is a legitimate threat from where they're standing.

For goodness sakes....don't directly menace a line of cops when you outnumber them GREATLY.....the response will never be pretty.

Just my thoughts as one of the 99% who deeply believes non-violence and non-destruction is the only way to bring change and not simply anarchy.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Historically, this is how things go.

This is a good thing; it's only after the government has to start taking these things seriously that they start doing this crap.

It happened with the Civil Rights movement, it happened with the Vietnam protesters, and it happened with the Union movements back in the day.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'm just wondering, what would have been so wrong about breaking off and dispersing for the evening without pushing the cops into gassing everyone a half dozen times or more? Many decry the police, and that side has fair points too...but it takes 2 sides for this kind of fight, and the protesters could have de-escalated just as easily since they were trying to get back into the park, not stay where they already were like happens in a raid.

Yeah, just forgo your rights to assembly, and your right to speech. it's just this once. We'll let you back in once the sun is up. Honestly and fer true. No, I won't set any precedents. We promise

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

As I've noted before, if civil disobedience by breaking ordinances is the extent of what happens from our side, then public support that MUST HAPPEN will be possible. If it's blood on the streets and tear gas rolling through people's windows.....this has 0% of getting anywhere without going all the way on that violence approach and even thinking THAT direction will make the '99%' the '1%' with 0 support over night. Mission failed before it starts.

I'm involved with OWS for change, not civil war. The sooner we get the violent hot heads OUT of this, the better chance we'll have to actually move toward getting something constructive accomplished. Just my 2 cents...and someone who'll absolutely have nothing to do with OWS if it starts turning to a violent approach. Not like this, and not at this point in time.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
People need to get strength from their beliefs.

People need to believe in a higher power, whatever that may be.

This is just people putting other people down.

People, get a backbone! Be strong! And believe in your higher power!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Soon enough, like it or not, we're all gonna have to deal with this in person in the USA, and abroad. I have met many people ready for this period, but the masses will not be, and it will be hard times. Especially when the government is out to get you as well. Hard times indeed.

This is all timed with the upcoming economic collapse of course, so when it happens, you know what is coming if it hasn't fully by then. I hope for us all.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So, if I'm reading you right... it's the protestor's fault that the cops are going absolutely overboard?

Kinda like blaming the Selma marchers for the increase in dog poop from K-9 units.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
in their own filth

Pretty filthy statement if you ask me.

You're obviously un-american, I hope you've enjoyed your dictatorship and inequality, because it's all coming to an end baby.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join