It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Powell vs. Herman Cain - Round Two: The Smackdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
For those members who have limited bandwidth, I have cut this week's new 20 minute episode of The Truth Is Viral down to eight minutes, keeping only the most important parts of the video which details Herman Cain's multiple flip-flops since the beginning of the campaign.

Below, for those who can not watch videos at all, I am going to paste the script (NOT a transcript; you only read my side of the interview. Sorry.) from which I was reading:

Hello again, I’m Bob Powell and you’re watching The Truth Is Viral on abovetopsecret.com. I’d like to make it clear that the views expressed on this show do not necessarily reflect those of The Above Network or any person other than myself. Wadda ya say we get this party started.

American born Muslim Cleric Anwar al-Awlaki is dead, killed in a CIA drone strike in Yemen along with another American citizen, Samir Khan. Khan was the editor of the al-Qaeda online magazine Inspire, and was travelling with al-Awlaki in a pickup truck that had left a compound in Yemen’s northern hinterland. President Barack Obama has called the killings a victory for the United States.

(Roll Obama’s Speech)

What the President failed to mention in that clip, is that the CIA had had the compound under surveillance for up to eight weeks. The US government knew exactly where the radical cleric was; but instead of sending in the Navy Seals to capture al-Awlaki, something they train hard every day to do, the President ordered the CIA and military to assassinate him instead.

We’ll get back to the assassination of Al-Awlaki in just a minute. Right now, I want to turn my attention to Republican Presidential candidate Herman Cain, and the response he gave to me last May after the first Republican Debate in Greenville South Carolina.

I didn’t even know that al-Awlaki had been assassinated until I opened an email from one of the producers on the FOX network show “Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano, asking permission to use part of my interview with Cain on his show. By the next day, my ugly mug was plastered on the front page of every Conservative blog and website in the country, and portions of the interview were also used in one form or another by several of the mainstream media networks.

Wanting to strike while the iron was hot, I got in touch with J.D. Gordon. (GRAPHIC OF GORDON’S WEBSITE)

Commander Gordon is Herman Cain’s press spokesman and foreign affairs advisor. I say Commander Gordon, because he is a 20 year Navy veteran, who has served as a military spokesman for most of that time. As demonstrated by the photographs on his website, he is extremely proud of that fact - so proud in fact, that the only pictures available of him on that site are of him in uniform.

Gordon is a former Defense Department spokesman for Secretary of Defense, serving under both Donald Rumsfeld and Robert Gates. A spokesman for Donald Rumsfeld? When I first read that, I should have known that I was in for a rough time.

When I first spoke with Commander Gordon he refused to allow his candidate to speak with me, but he did tell me that if I called back last Thursday that he would be happy to make a statement on Cain’s behalf.

Well I called Commander Gordon at the time we had scheduled for the interview only to be told, “I’m about to get on a bus right now so I can’t talk. Why don’t you call tomorrow and we’ll talk about it then?” I’m thinking to myself, “What, your phone won’t work on a bus?” but being fair I said sure. Friday rolls around and I call Mr. Gordon again. Again he puts me off and this time, we schedule the interview for Sunday October 16th. Once again I called at the scheduled time, but this time my call went straight to his voice mail – as did several other calls I placed to him throughout the day.

I recorded my last attempt to get Commander Gordon to speak with me on behalf of his candidate Herman Cain, and here it is.

(ROLL SOUND WITH GRAPHICS)

So basically, what this all boils down to is this: Commander Gordon lied to me. He guaranteed me an interview, not once, but three times – and now he’s avoiding my phone calls altogether. I can only surmise that Cain and Gordon are both afraid to speak with a reporter they don’t control – and NOBODY controls me, not even the owners or staff here at Abovetopsecret.

My agreement with the website states that I have the final say on the editorial content of my videos, and for that I am extremely grateful. When I get on camera, I tell the absolute and unvarnished truth. I’m not going to tone it down or fudge facts in my reports. I serve the agenda of no man or entity other than myself, and the only agenda I have is disseminating the truth; because as most of my viewers are aware, the MSM can NOT be trusted to do it.

So why would Herman Cain hire a liar to be his mouthpiece to the press? Could it be because the former CEO of Godfather’s Pizza has a bit of a problem keeping the facts straight himself? Cain has been caught lying several times during the campaign. When the news of al-Awlaki’s assassination came out, he told a Tea party conference that he supported President Obama’s decision to have the radical Muslim cleric whacked, which is exactly the opposite of what he told me in May.

(ROLL CAIN INTERVIEW)

In an interview with Chris Good of The Atlantic.com, Cain said that he didn’t recall ever having been asked the question; but he repeated his statement that killing al-Awlaki was illegal. (JOE: PLS PUT BOLD BLOCKS IN QUOTE BOX GRAPHIC)

GOOD - President Obama has said that he has the authority to assassinate American citizens if he's declared them an enemy combatant in the War on Terror. Al Awlaki is one guy who is on the official government list where he can be taken out. Do you have any thoughts on that? Is it a good policy because it allows us to take out Americans who may have joined Al Qaeda? Or is it a bad policy-

CAIN - Well first of all, this is the first that I have heard -- you're saying it's okay to take out American citizens if he suspects they are terrorist related. Is that what you said?!

GOOD - Yes, that's what I said.

CAIN - I've got to be honest with you. I have not heard that. I had not heard that's something that he said. I don't believe that the president of the United States should order the assassination of citizens of the United States. That's why we have our court system, and that's why we have our laws. Even if the person is suspected of being affiliated with terrorism, if they are a citizen of this country, they still deserve the rights of this country, which includes due process.

BACK TO ME - And then, after al-Awlaki had finally been killed, Cain flip-flopped when Guy Benson over at Townhall.com reminded him of his comments to me. I know this because Mr. Benson told me himself, but unfortunately those comments were not captured on tape. However, DID Cain flip-flop - on the record - in an interview with the Weekly Standard when he said:

CAIN - “I never said that [President Obama] should not have ordered [the killing]. I don’t recall saying that. I think you’ve got some misinformation,” Cain said. “Keep in mind that there are a lot of people out there trying to make me sound as if I am indecisive.”

BACK TO ME - I realize that I’m not a household name, but I find it hard to believe that he didn’t remember being asked the question of the legality of al-Awlaki’s assassination. After all, this IS the first time that an American citizen has ever been singled out by name, and directly targeted for assassination by the President of the United States in direct contravention of the 5th Amendment. In MY opinion, that’s a pretty damned important issue!

Apparently, Herman Cain has a problem with telling reporters what he thinks they want to hear at the moment, and then flip-flopping later when he’s called on those remarks. In fact, it seems to be a repeating pattern. Earlier this year, Cain told another reporter that he would not even consider having a Muslim in his cabinet, or as a judicial appointee in his administration should he be elected.

(ROLL VIDEO)

In a later interview with CBS news, Cain tried to explain what he really meant.

(ROLL VIDEO)

I don’t know about you, but I’m not convinced one little bit.

Last week, as reported by the New York Times, Cain stood before TWO rallies in Tennessee, and told spectators that if elected he would put up an electrical fence – along with real troops armed with real ammunition - on the US border with Mexico to keep out illegal immigrants.

“It’s going to be 20 feet high. It’s going to have barbed wire on the top. It’s going to be electrified. And there’s going to be a sign on the other side saying, ‘It will kill you — Warning.’”

And then when he started getting flak for that, Cain flipped again when he told NBC’s Meet the Press host David Gregory, “That’s a joke, David … That’s not a serious plan.”

Cain has repeated this statement to numerous reporters, in front of several crowds on the campaign trail, and when he was hosting his radio show that statement was part of his regular diatribe. I have a question at this point. Were you really joking Herman? You’ve been saying this for quite a while, but now that your words have come back to haunt you, it’s a joke?

Herman Cain was once the Director of the Federal Reserve Bank in Kansas City. He’s called those who have asked for an audit of the Fed “Ignorant.” Let’s watch this exchange between Texas representative Ron Paul and Herman Cain from one of the recent debates:

(ROLL VIDEO)

Yet another “misstatement” Mr. Cain?

CNN moderator Anderson Cooper, in the recent debate on CNN, called out Mr. Cain on his most recent flip-flop. It appears that just hours before the debate on Wolf Blitzer’s show, Cain had proposed negotiating with al-Qaeda, yet during the debate he denied it.

(ROLL VIDEO)

So where exactly does Herman Cain stand? He seems to change his mind on the most important dilemmas a President might face on a daily basis – either that, or he’s the most misquoted and most misunderstood candidate in history. Over the past 11 years, haven’t the American people put up with enough dishonesty in our government? With everything we know now about how the Federal Reserve has been taking OUR money – OUR tax dollars – and have been using it to bail out crooked banks, failed businesses, and even foreign countries, do we really want a Fed insider running this one?

People are fed up! We want real change, not the kind implemented by the failed Obama Presidency. We’re tired of endless wars waged for no good reason, we’re tired of politicians using our Constitution for toilet paper, and we’re tired of being ripped off by the Banksters!

And THAT, Commander Gordon, is how this reporter says “The Cain campaign had no comment for this report.” You were in the Navy for 20 years sir; you should have known better than to mess with an OldCorp Jarhead.

There is ONE MAN in the Republican field of candidates who has NEVER waivered in all of his years on Capitol Hill. Since being elected as a Representative for the State of Texas in 1976 he has stuck by his guns, the Constitution, and the American people: That man has NEVER flip-flopped, and he has NEVER lied. His name is Ron Paul.

edit on 10/26/2011 by OldCorp because: I accidentally put in the script for part 2 - Sorry

edit on 10/26/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
go bob!
how could you talk face to face with that creep and not kick him in the nuts?
if hermain cain wins the election, america will be doomed. full stop.

eta: please dont use that intro/outro soundbite again haha
edit on 26-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
After Anwar al-Awlaki was killed, I didn't even know until Judge Napolitano's people called me asking permission to use a clip from the Premiere Episode of The Truth Is Viral posted here last May. Someone who had seen it then, recalled the fact that I had asked Cain the question and took it upon himself to use a :43 second clip of Cain's response and posted it at The Daily Paul. By the time the Judge's producers called, it had already gone viral and my ugly mug was plastered all over the Internet.

I'd like to see if we can replicate the success of that :43 second clip. Would it be too bold of me to ask my friends and viewers here on Abovetopsecret to help me spread the word? I have already started a thread at The Daily Paul so all you have to do there is flag the video in my OP so that it gets embedded on their front page.

Here is the direct URL to the Youtube 8 minute preview:
www.youtube.com...

And here is the direct URL to the full 20 minute episode on the front page of our own ATS:
video.abovetopsecret.com...

Please take them with you and drop them around the various sites that you frequent. Let's spread the word: There's a new sheriff in town, and his name's Reggie Hammond. Er, um Bob Powell.

100 Internets to the first person that guesses the above reference.
edit on 10/26/2011 by OldCorp because: I'm my own Grammar Nazi.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Love your videos Bob, keep up the good work! I really need to show this video to a few family members who unfortunately think Herman Cain is most viable for next president. I guess that's what MSM will do to ya.

"So ya'll be cool."
edit on 26-10-2011 by Arekoteya because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
48Hrs. Eddie Murphy....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory
go bob!
how could you talk face to face with that creep and not kick him in the nuts?
if hermain cain wins the election, america will be doomed. full stop.

eta: please dont use that intro/outro soundbite again haha
edit on 26-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

Oh man, you can deal with 30 seconds of Old Skool 305. Use the time to yell at your kids to pick up the towels in the bathroom, or ask your significant other to make you a sammich and then settle in for the meat of the show.

I'm really stoked about the future of The Truth Is Viral now that we've settled on a production schedule of once a week. I would have started the series this past Summer, but I really did "Bug Out." We left South Carolina behind and headed to our undisclosed location near the Canadian Border at the end of June. We've been settling in to the area ever since, and part of that process is remodeling the house we are going to live in permanently while we rent where we are now. We are moving into the last home in which I will ever live (I hope) next week.

So now that my schedule has settled down, I have the time to devote to making new, high quality episodes of TTIV every single week. I won't be focusing specifically on politics, but on a plethora of subjects that are often topics of discussion here on ATS.

Upcoming episodes include:

Cryptozoology: "The Beast of Bray Road (The Michigan Dogman.)

Paranormal Activity: "The Haunted Lighthouses of the Great Lakes."

Social Unrest: "American Muslims: What They Think of the Arab Spring." (Michigan has the largest concentration of Muslims in the country in Dearborn just outside of Detroit.)

World War III: Libya, Syria, and Iran; The New Domino Theory

I consider myself extremely lucky to have stumbled into this arrangement with ATS. I used to make videos for another website - just to keep my mind and time occupied - but they didn't appreciate the effort I put into it, so I found ATS. I was in the process of making my Elenin/Nibiru video - and I hadn't even spoken with the management here yet, I just assumed the site was like YT or Liveleak where users could upload their own content all day long.

I was unaware that all of the videos made here are way more sophisticated and polished than other sites. Finally, as a result of the original "Ask an Astronomer" thread, I came to the attention of the management. "Why didn't you tell us you were working on something? It sounds really great, how can we help?" And on that day, a great relationship was born.

I get to do the stories that interest me, which fortunately mesh well with the topics here on ATS; Plus, SkepticOverlord and Springer have given me free reign to not only choose the stories I work on, but I also have 100% editorial control as well. If I don't write it, it doesn't get published. ATS has graciously provided me with graphic and editing assistance, but I control how it is put together into a story. Via the magic of Skype video chat, I am literally looking over the editor's shoulder as he works. And we work really well together too.

The times have changed people. I'm here to fight for you, to get the answers that you can't get from the idiot box. I spend my days pouring over reports from a multitude of sources and collate it, sift it, and suss it, so you don't have to. You give me ten minutes, and I'll tell you everything you wanted to know about that week's subject - free of corporate interference, right/left partisanship, fearmongering, and outright stupidity.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
48Hrs. Eddie Murphy....

Ding Ding Ding. We have a weiner folks.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

edit on 26-10-2011 by amongus because: Ignorance....sorry op

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Denied ignorance means never having to say you are sorry.

*ETA: I don't know why your mom needs prayers, but I'll lift her up to Father right now.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
reply to post by amongus

Denied ignorance means never having to say you are sorry.

*ETA: I don't know why your mom needs prayers, but I'll lift her up to Father right now.

Thank you my brother...she needs them.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Anytime friend. We all need prayers every now and then, and personally I like talking to my Father. Just half an hour ago, I was speaking to Him with tears running down my face. It started out as a prayer for your mom, and then it morphed into a little praise session. Your mom has to be going through a rough time if you felt the need to ask for prayers from random strangers on the Internet.

Without going into details, I can relate totally. I too have asked for prayers in the past. Sometimes I said why, other times I just asked for folks to pray that God would give me strength or to send me good vibes. I asked Father to be with your mom, and to give her exactly what she needs. You know many times when we pray, what we want isn't what Father thinks we need.

In the past couple of weeks, most everything has been going OK. If you knew how things are on a daily basis around here, "OK" is a wonderful thing. I strive for OK. OK is good. But in the past couple of days, as I wrapped up the principle photography for the show and my editor and I put it together, I'm feeling absolutely miraculous. Honestly, I haven't felt this good about myself in a long time. The struggle to maintain a cohesive household these last 23 years has been a challenging one at times; not because of any strife between family members, just because times was hard - redneck grammar intentional
- and it gets to wear you down a bit when you get old like me.

Still, my wife and I have stayed together for all of those years; best friends first and foremost, and completely in love with one another. We have 5 children and three grandchildren that are happy and healthy. We're in debt up to our eyeballs, but we have a happy home. (For the moment. If I don't go out and get some coffee for my wife and get some waffles on the griddle for the kids, and I mean right now, things could get ugly.)

top topics

join