It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta Police move in and make arrests at Woodruff Park in ATL - (videos to come)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
About 2 hours ago, a few hundred police officers on foot, on horses, on motorcycles, in cars, and in riot gear, moved in and arrested 40+ protesters as about 800 people observed, taunted, and video documented what was happening.

I can attest to a complete over reaction by the city of atlanta. There is no need for blocking off streets in a 5 block radius and having 2 helicopters circling. There's no need for 100 riot police to march around a park holding a peaceful protest.

Senator Vince Ford was one of those arrested, as well as former city councilman Derrick Boazman. There were some isolated incidents of arrests outside of the park and there were some people who were arrested with a clear show of excessive force but one thing is for sure. THIS IS BECOMING A POLICE STATE. THOSE WHO OPPOSE THIS MOVEMENT CAN DENY THAT, BUT THEY WILL MEET BILLY THE CLUB ONE DAY TOO.

Woodruff Park will be RE-OCCUPIED by tomorrow morning.

I'm compiling my videos now.. This movement will continue..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I have more respect for those on OWS than the ones fighting for our "freedom" in the outside wars. Thanks to all that are courageous enough to go against the system.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
looks like the police made more of a mess than the protesters, i was near there after the assault happened and it's trash. I may be there tomorrow night.
edit on 26-10-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

yes, peach tree is a freakin mess right now, as is auburn. my video of the CHAOS is uploading to youtube right now, so work with me.. just a few more minutes.. it was crazy, and it brought tears to my wires eyes when she say it and realized THIS IS A POLICE STATE!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I was really enjoying that video up until the music kicked in... totally ruined the atmosphere and you couldn't hear what the cops or protesters were saying any more?

Any chance of removing the music and just having the sound from the footage?

I think it would be much better...

I actually couldn't finish watching the video... and it wasn't the actual track that was an issue... ANY music would have ruined it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
we live in a POLICE STATE

new topics

top topics

join